Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The sages who have reached 'the philosopher's stone'?

The sages who have reached 'the philosopher's stone'?

What do you think would have happened to them and reason they probably aren't identified if they're still with us? Some say they are able to traverse planes of existence and can choose to appear here sometimes. There are legends or rumours of some being 'sighted' more than 1 - 2 hundred years later alive and well in certain places.

What would have also happened to the 'recipes' you think too if they had written them down? Could there be a process of some kind that happens each time an alchemist or sage manages to discover it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeSeeker View Post
    What do you think would have happened to them and reason they probably aren't identified if they're still with us? Some say they are able to traverse planes of existence and can choose to appear here sometimes. There are legends or rumours of some being 'sighted' more than 1 - 2 hundred years later alive and well in certain places.

What would have also happened to the 'recipes' you think too if they had written them down? Could there be a process of some kind that happens each time an alchemist or sage manages to discover it?
    Honestly, much like many of the ancient sacred diciplines around the world, i dont think anyone every wrote down a recipe. It takes so long to learn what to do that by the time its in your mind, its known off by heart anyway; and again, like most other special traditions, was passed down via the spoken word only, other than of course, the enigmatic literature we are all accustomed to reading.

I also personally believe there are some very old and powerful souls amoung us...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I heard that there was a book allegedly written by an unknown author who was a ‘clear master of the art’. Does this mean he discovered the stone and is the book reliable? The title was in a different language so not sure.

A few sources claim it looks like a red liquid but not sure. How would a person maybe discover it and then hide their identity if they make the ‘elixir of life’ using the stone?

Hi KS,

I recommend reading this very interesting article:

https://www.alchemylab.com/aj7-2.htm

You misunderstand. There are recipes shrouded all across Google. It's recipes for those who understand the process, and the manner of tongue that the alchemist used, to veil it from the unworthy. It's GOLD for those who understand the language that they are using, if you understand the language, you can see the recipe for what it is.

Can you give a recipe in chinese translation to an english speaking folk and expect him to read it with no problem? No, same thing.

If you understand their manner of talk, then literally, everything that the alchemist handed down to the reader would be seen as a recipe.

Also, the goal is to Perfect Nature. Black > White > Red // Death > Rebirth > Evolution

What is the potential to a Being who's reached its highest state of evolution? I'm not asking, this is just so you can ask yourself.
    Last edited by tAlchemist; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    You misunderstand. There are recipes shrouded all across Google. It's recipes for those who understand the process, and the manner of tongue that the alchemist used, to veil it from the unworthy. It's GOLD for those who understand the language that they are using, if you understand the language, you can see the recipe for what it is.

Can you give a recipe in chinese translation to an english speaking folk and expect him to read it with no problem? No, same thing.

If you understand their manner of talk, then literally, everything that the alchemist handed down to the reader would be seen as a recipe.

Also, the goal is to Perfect Nature. Black > White > Red // Death > Rebirth > Evolution

What is the potential to a Being who's reached its highest state of evolution? I'm not asking, this is just so you can ask yourself.
    Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Nonsense.
    When did the metaphorical interpretation start to come into place (Which claim its 'all secretly about spiritual transformation') and the basis/proofs for it? Unless it were a mix of both in which it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeSeeker View Post
    When did the metaphorical interpretation start to come into place (Which claim its 'all secretly about spiritual transformation') and the basis/proofs for it? Unless it were a mix of both in which it would make sense.
    According to A.E. Waite, who examined a whole bunch of alchemical literature in Latin, French and English, such "spiritual" interpretations of alchemy did not come about until around the 16th-17th century. All the ancient and medieval literature that Waite examined was obviously concerned with making the Stone and transmuting metals into silver & gold. He did not see any evidence that the subject was about any "spiritual" quest. So, we are talking about a relatively modern misinterpretation of the subject.

Personally, I think that Waite was being a bit "generous" with such misinterpretations. I would say that it is not until well into the 17th century that we start seeing unequivocal signs of such misinterpretations floating around. Authors like Khunrath and Maier do not really qualify, since it is 100% evident from their writings that despite all the "mystic" sounding mumbo-jumbo in their works, these guys were in fact 100% involved in the exact same subject as the older writers: making the Stone and the transmutation of base metals into silver & gold (I am leaving aside the medicinal/longevity objectives of alchemy, which should also be included in the subject, as they existed long before the 16th-17th centuries. But Waite's survey concentrated on the transmutational aspect of alchemy, the most popular, well-known and widespread.)

I often searched for this work by A.E. Waite but couldn't find a "creative commons license" or how those books are labelled in england, when the original license ran out of validity.
    Can somebody help please?

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    I often searched for this work by A.E. Waite but couldn't find a "creative commons license" or how those books are labelled in england, when the original license ran out of validity.
    Can somebody help please?
    I think it is still under copyright, thus why it's not completely visible in Google Books.

+ Reply to Thread