Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Does this look ok? Ens Tincture with a different herb

From looking at your pictures, it looks like you did a really good job filtering the plant matter after digesting the herb/flower in the Oil of Tartar. I usually have a thicker layer of plant matter between the alcohol/essential oil and the layer of red oil of tartar. If the top color is similar to your alcohol tincture, I would say you have done well.

From the pictures, it is hard to tell but do you see a layer of potassium carbonate at the bottom of the jar that is separate from the Oil of Tartar above it?

The 52 grams does not need to be exact. I have made ENS with 4-6 ounces of herb using the instructions from Bartlett's book and I just needed to add more Oil of Tartar and alcohol to get the separation of the layers to occur.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeSeeker View Post
    Blue Lotus is allegedly a ‘third eye’ herb so what implications it would have if a primum ens was extracted from it is unknown or ambiguous in theory. Maybe if anyone’s an expert you could elaborate or create a good theory here? So would it aim to improve/repair its health or do what they call ‘decalcify’ in theory?

The Egyptians considered the plant ‘sacred’.
    Haha well I’m not expert, but my hypothesis is that like many other herbs relating to the third eye, blue lotus increases a meditative state, insight, dream recall, and maybe memory.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

This is what the blue lotus ens tincture looks like or the end result of my attempt:

Blog Entries
    Is the colour in the photo similar to RL?

Anyways, looks quite clear, nice work.

Have you tried it out yet?
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

I have, also experienced some hairloss a certain amount of time after doing so. Not sure if its related to this, genetics or something else like stress from living here and lack of sleep. I'm 21 btw?

If its due to my potion results how long does it last and is it to be expected with a herb other than Lemon Balm (Blue lotus in this case)? Is Lemon Balm supposed to allow for regrowth but I used the wrong herb idk?

+ Reply to Thread