Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who banned Awani?

Blog Entries
    This forum is not a joke. Its a resource, collection of research by users dedicated to alchemy.
    People put effort into what they post here,
    DragonsTail is open with his work and he openly shares his knowledge, which gives me hope for budding young alchemists.
    Andros experience with Shamanism is willingly shared, Awanni his expertise with hallucinogens and spirituality,
    JDP doesn't have to share his technical knowledge but he does and i respect him for it.
    the list goes on.

We might not all get along sometimes, but we're all here for the same thing. We all wanted to join AF.
    I applied twice, before i was let in.
    If you think this site is a joke, then leave, you don't need to say anything at all.

Awanni come back, no one care's if you broke a rule one time.
    The great thing about this site is the mods and owners listen to the users, you listened to JDP asking to be let back in, and you showed compassion.
    Show yourself some.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    The great thing about this site is the mods and owners listen to the users, you listened to JDP asking to be let back in, and you showed compassion.
    Show yourself some.
    Kibric, thanks for saying that. We are indeed trying our best to listen and to keep this platform as open and disturbance-free as we possibly can. As long as we can "debate" our differences without resorting to personal insults/attacks, trolling, grandstanding, etc - it's all good. Those "debates" may most likely not give us any "direct answers", but they can and do sharpen our skills and our attention, not to mention the benefits of a growing database of information and the ever-present opportunity to make new friends.

Personally, I do not like to see anyone get banned from this site. Sometimes, when trolling, grandstanding and personal attacks persist, we really have no choice, if we want to maintain the type of "flow" which I believe is part of this platform's foundation. But no one ever gets banned for their views/opinions/etc - only for (often repeatedly) breaking our rather relaxed Rules & Guidelines. Many people have a hard time understanding this.

I am personally very grateful for this place. I have made a few good friends here and more than a few excellent (and often indirect) connections.

Finding fault is easy

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    I agree. I didn't omit the avatars on purpose. I just carved out the portions of the text that I thought were the most funny. My bad. If I can (=have the time to) find them again, I'll upload them with the respective avatars. But the non-Schmuldvich/E-Thor images are both from the same poster on that forum, "Traveller".
    Cool I didn't know if that was your intention or not, but I appreciate your clarification.

And now you're all grown and mature and there's no more growing left to do? I certainly am not

Are you familiar with the (relatively new) expression "virtue signalling"?
    Honestly, I am not. I definitely still have a lot of growing to do, however I feel that I have learned some from my experiences. Over time I have learned to control my feelings a little better. I still have much to learn/experience and many questions left unanswered.

Also I did read the post that Awani published. I didn't really think he should be banned for this. I feel that he was just "venting" and it wasn't really that bad. I think he should come back also.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Also I did read the post that Awani published. I didn't really think he should be banned for this. I feel that he was just "venting" and it wasn't really that bad. I think he should come back also.
    Awani is the sole owner and admin of this site

The mystery continues...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Did i get a mention on the other sites? Have I become notorious enough yet?
    Looks like your fame it slowly picking up

If you think this site is a joke, then leave, you don't need to say anything at all.
    I enjoy being on this site!

Much can be learned here!

Awanni come back, no one care's if you broke a rule one time.
    Show yourself some.
    Do you not see what Awani is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Alchemy Forums is Awani's site...the guy pays for and owns this website.

He banned himself as a joke/political statement.

Awani will be back.

Blog Entries
    Heck yeah!!

"The humbled ElixirMixer".... Love it.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Looks like your fame it slowly picking up
    Is there any truth to alchemyilluminated's claim of giving the real elixir to its members ?

He banned himself as a joke/political statement.
    What did he post ?

Is there any truth to alchemyilluminated's claim of giving the real elixir to its members ?
    No. It was never even made. The guy who ran the site was a charlatan (just like Rub, whom was also banned from here).

He hadn't the slightest clue what he was doing, started mixing random concoctions together, ingesting said concoctions, and died not long after.

His name was Nick O Las Col Ette. He posted a few "books" he wrote and most of his old posts are still up. Keep in mind this was during the heyday of Alex running BoA, except that Mr. (Alexander) Sanders actually had *some* sense but was way to prideful to admit where he was wrong and silenced any opposition. My guess is he still reads this message board regularly.

Awani didn't post anything about his "ban". Awani's last "post" is in EM's blog chastizing JDP for breaking the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post

Awani didn't post anything about his "ban". Awani's last "post" is in EM's blog chastizing JDP for breaking the rules.
    That was his penultimate post, actually, and there was nothing to "chastise", as no "rules" had been broken. That was posted in the blogs section, not the forums. It was supposed to be a more informal environment. Plus in that post he also gives his opinion that "the majority of so called alchemists are morons", and that people in here have died too (but not like N-D-C, as far as I can tell, which was my point, specially considering that he even was the owner of that other forum.) His antepenultimate post in the blogs section is also about calling you out on the unpleasant things you have been writing about his forums and asking you the very pertinent question of why you keep bothering to come here in the first place if it is such a "joke".

+ Reply to Thread