Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Practical Work: Glass of Antimony

Florius Frammel thanks for posting your experiments. Have you ever seen a green glass?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Florius Frammel thanks for posting your experiments. Have you ever seen a green glass?
    You're welcome!
    I haven't seen it, but I may have read about it in the work of David A. Schein who describes some different kinds of colors.
    Why is it important to you?

Great thanks I will check it out. Just thought I would try to make some colored glass, it looks fun.

Great thanks I will check it out. Just thought I would try to make some colored glass, it looks fun.
    I hope you know what you are doing! Take care, this can be quite dangerous (see first post)!

Some lead "glasses" are green in color. It depends on the metallic oxides dissolved in them, just like regular glass.

@Florius Frammel: I have no idea what I am doing, however I enjoy learning new things.

@JDP: Thank you.

@Florius Frammel: I have no idea what I am doing, however I enjoy learning new things.
    In this case I must say:

Don't do it!

Don't be foolish hurting yourself and/or others out of curiousity!

If you do it anyway: Do it outside and watch out that the smoke doesn't come anywhere near you! Wear a gasmask and gloves! The Antimony oxide is very fine and will settle on your hands. Wash those after experimenting and don't stick them in your mouth, nose, ears or any other body openings while experimenting. Wash your clothes afterwards too. The "glass" will get very very hot. Use a fireproof table (never wood or plastic)!

And don't even think about ingesting anything!

+ Reply to Thread