Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Bacstrom Device

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    I can think of some elections where the fates of countries were changed but this is more like peer pressure. lol

On a serious note, your comment about "Fire is what makes the connection between light and shadow..." has me puzzled. I'm not sure how we unpack this statement
    Without fire there would be neither light nor shadow. So in a certain way it's an archetypical symbol of one becoming two, and if added three,...

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Without fire there would be neither light nor shadow. So in a certain way it's an archetypical symbol of one becoming two, and if added three,...
    I suppose what Andro is saying is that light and shadow are opposites and the fire is the medium to transmute one into the other?

Does anyone know the original source for this device? It's not in the original "chemischer Mondenschein" by Fleischer.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know the original source for this device? It's not in the original "chemischer Mondenschein" by Fleischer.
    I think I saw it in the version that appears in the Manly P. Hall collection... That version also contains more text, including some instructions to "electrify the vessel" (if memory serves). Also, perhaps the "electrification" was a Bacstrom-specific fetish (I'm not saying it's unjustified!), as it also appears in his "Aphorisms & Process"...

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    I think I saw it in the version that appears in the Manly P. Hall collection... That version also contains more text, including some instructions to "electrify the vessel" (if memory serves). Also, perhaps the "electrification" was a Bacstrom-specific fetish (I'm not saying it's unjustified!), as it also appears in his "Aphorisms & Process"...
    Thanks for your help Andro!
    I flipped through the pages of the Manly P. Hall colelction, but couldn't find the pic of the device.
    Unfortunately, scrolling through the Aphorisms & Process I could not see, or it being mentioned either.

Edit: Just found out that there seem to be different versions of Manly P. Hall collections. Sorry, will search more..

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, scrolling through the Aphorisms & Process I could not see, or it being mentioned either.
    It's the "electrification of the vessel" that is mentioned in both texts (MP Hall's Chemical Moonlight & Bacstrom's Aphorisms), IF I remember correctly... The "device" is not mentioned in the Aphorisms. I read the MP Hall MS version long ago, so I may be mistaken about the "device" being shown there. But it's a worthwhile read nevertheless IMO, as it seems to contain info that is not in the "popular" version of "Chemical Moonlight".

Edit: There is is. Scroll down a bit

Thanks Andro!
    I like when he writes "this I don't comprehend at all (,as [symbol of niter] is no poison.)"

Thanks Andro!
    I like when he writes "this I don't comprehend at all"
    Bacstrom did a lot of manuscript copying ("scribe work") and if I am not mistaken had his go at translating texts also.

Does anyone know for certain if the "Aphorisms & Processes" ascribed to him is actually his own words/work, or if this was a just another manuscript he hand transcribed himself?

I've always loved reading this particular text and would love if someone more knowledgeable on the subject could chime in and answer my question!

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    ...Manly P. Hall collection ...contains more text, including some instructions to "electrify the vessel" (if memory serves)
    IMO, the electrification of the globe in that text is related to a different device and not to the 3 globes in series. The 3 globes seem to have more to do with temperature variations to capture humidity... similar to EM's devices.

+ Reply to Thread