Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bacstrom Device

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    No, one of the chemistry experts, FF I think or MS, posted an image of someone's real-life glass setup emulating the above picture.
    Yes, I was looking for the real-life setup. I found the following at a local auction and the apparatus looks similiar:

Last edited by Aham; 07-26-2018 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Also it was True Initiate I believe who posted the picture, and has since, seemingly appeared to stop participating on the forum since he got the big 'no-no' from Andro for posting pics from his website.
    I am still here lurking around, don't worry. Yes, it was Andro's picture i posted back then but i haven't saved it so i guess it is gone now.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    Someone had posted the 3 globe Bacstrom device from Andro's website not too long ago. I can't seem to find it anymore. If someone is willing to repost it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Aham

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    RogerC will kill us for destroying his thread and moving discussion away from his direction but there is another clue. This is set-up for catching SM from Chemical Moonshine:

Now observe the simiraities:
    The receiving flask is placed in hot sand and heated by a candle and we see a funnel inserted in the mouth of the flask just like in the TT and Hyle and Coahyle! The Flask is placed horizontally instead of vertically and the Author tries to capture the SM from the Air! It is interesting that SM is called Our Dew and ut uses this Dew in combination with Salt in the similar manner like Leyden process that *** has promoted.

Remember that the Flask from Hyle and Coahyle also sits in the hot sand. Now we know that the beans of the Sun are hot but what about the beans of the Moon?
    Are they cold? Is this why Flask must sit in Hot sandbath to catch cold Lunar rays?

Impressive collection!
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    Impressive collection!
    I agree.

Here's something similar:

From this page: http://www.conciatore.org/2018/03/women-in-alchemy.html

Blog Entries
    Interesting that mirrors are mentioned... guess what just arrived today

Good to see your still around TI
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    Yes, I was looking for the real-life setup. I found the following at a local auction and the apparatus looks similiar:

Just occurred to me - This apparatus a good example of the male/female/egg principle...

I read the original "Chymischer Mondenschein" by Fleischer. The apparatus doesn't appear there, so Bacstrom seems to have mixed up his sources.

To make it even more complicated there seemed to be a Johann Friedrich Fleischer, who wrote or published the chym. Mondenschein (and "chym. sun" as well) and Johann Georg Fleischer who wrote the "triumphal chariot of vitriol".

No, one of the chemistry experts, FF I think or MS, posted an image of someone's real-life glass setup emulating the above picture.
    That wasn't me either. Sorry, can't help.

Blog Entries
    The question here is:

What to all these "contraptions" have in common?

Not just the "Bacstrom Device", but also the one from the R+C instructions of the 5th Grade (the part that FF kindly translated for us), etc...

What are the operative principles?

Are we dealing with mere "Dew collectors"?

Or is there something else at play here?

+ Reply to Thread