Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Extracting Arsenic from the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Fuckin' Hell i wished I'd spoken up before spending $125 on a sealed vial of arsenic....

Best not tell the wife about this one

I will read, and re-read, as is usually recommended.

I still want to know how to extract arsenic though. Maybe i can make some money back HAHA!
    Mr. Mixer you might have to decide if you wish to be a chemist
    or an Alchemist ???

More reading may help assist you.

Try to slowdown your mind jumps from one thing to another
    six or fifteen times a day ... meditate, patience, relax and read
    and read and read please ... for your sake.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Some people are so desperate to see their speculations and fantasies "corroborated" that they will see "alchemy" where in fact there is none.
    LOL

And others see none where in fact there is .... Alchemy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    LOL

And others see none where in fact there is .... Alchemy !!!
    Yes, I am sure that there is so much "alchemy" in the very standard chymical textbooks of a guy who spent DECADES heating various amalgams to see if something like the alchemists describe really happened, or the other guy who seriously thought that you can "condense" moonbeams in water, or gave credence to the absurd claim that you can get a "water" from mercury by suddenly strongly heating it... LOL!

Yes, I am sure that there is so much "alchemy" in the very standard chymical textbooks of a guy who spent DECADES heating various amalgams to see if something like the alchemists describe really happened, or the other guy who seriously thought that you can "condense" moonbeams in water, or gave credence to the absurd claim that you can get a "water" from mercury by suddenly strongly heating it... LOL!
    If that guy reads and takes literally / verbatim what is written in those
    alchemical texts then I am sure he will hardly find anything.

Perhaps only a few crumbs of transmutation that they may have left on
    purpose for the gullible chymists to get lost in.

They may have been a little naughty like that?

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    If that guy reads and takes literally / verbatim what is written in those
    alchemical texts then I am sure he will hardly find anything.

Perhaps only a few crumbs of transmutation that they may have left on
    purpose for the gullible chymists to get lost in.

They may have been a little naughty like that?
    LOL! We are talking about a guy who submitted the reports of his experiments upon mercury to the Royal Society. Rest assured that he meant every word he wrote very literally. This whole "we must not read literally" thing gets out of control in the hands of people with faint notions about such subjects. Even most of the text of any given alchemical treatise is to be taken quite literally. It is only the key parts (i.e. the actual names of the substances used in making the Stone) that are given the royal treatment regarding "tricks". That's why alchemical literature is so infested with "decknamen".

LOL! We are talking about a guy who submitted the reports of his experiments upon mercury to the Royal Society. Rest assured that he meant every word he wrote very literally. This whole "we must not read literally" thing gets out of control in the hands of people with faint notions about such subjects. Even most of the text of any given alchemical treatise is to be taken quite literally. It is only the key parts (i.e. the actual names of the substances used in making the Stone) that are given the royal treatment regarding "tricks". That's why alchemical literature is so infested with "decknamen".
    That doesn't really count for the whole R&C lineage however, where they really seemed to have connected alchemical practices to "metaphysics" or the development of spirit and soul. Whatever that means and however this is to be done.

Edit: Oh, and not to forget Albertus, Junius and most of their successors like Bartlett, who have to be thanked keeping alchemy from forgetting. They were/are claiming similar things.

+ Reply to Thread