Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just witnessed a terrible thing...

Just witnessed a terrible thing...

A bit more than three hours ago I was in my yard playing with a couple of the neighbor's cats that always come to visit, and I heard this big dog "brawl" on the streets nearby. At first I thought it might have been a squabble between several dogs, but the thing just wouldn't stop, so I took a peek through the front door and I saw that this gang of three big mutts were attacking "something" and "tossing" it around in the front neighbor's outside yard, but since it was dark I couldn't quite make out what was it. I went to get the keys and a flashlight to get a closer look at what in blazes was going on. I went out and the dogs were leaving, and I found the mangled corpse of a cat in the front neighbor's outside yard. The damn stupid mutts ganged up on the poor fellow and mauled him to death. If I had had a shotgun with me I would have shot the bastards on the spot as they were fleeing the scene! It was a stray (I think; he had no collar or tags) cat that had been living in the neighborhood for a couple of years now. Every night I always left food and water in the yard for him and the other neighborhood cats. I could recognize when it was him that ate the food because he would always leave a "crater" pattern right in the middle of the food. I had just seen that cat some minutes before he got caught by those stupid mutts. He was laying on my front wall, "camouflaged" amidst the upper branches of the bushes and trees that hug the wall, where he liked to hang out and rest for a while before coming down and do his nightly rounds around the neighborhood. In the morning I will report the incident to the dog pound. I hope they catch the three bastards and turn them into chopped liver!
    Last edited by JDP; 08-09-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Thats horrible

If it makes you feel better I saw a family of deer in the woods today and nearly pooped myself when i ran away at first because i thought they were huge foxes. I came up on what I thought was two foxes and was like "OH MY GOD RUN". I realized after it was deer though and all was well

One confronted me on my way out and I signaled it.

O.K.... now I am surprised. JDP has a... heart.

As someone who literally ate breathed and lived as best i could as a physical manifestation of WSB, I tell you there are very very good reasons why I no longer ever think of him or hold interest in him.

Quite a wise man in many regards and entirely and utterly lost to ignorance and un-needed suffering in others.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    A bit more than three hours ago I was in my yard playing with a couple of the neighbor's cats that always come to visit, and I heard this big dog "brawl" on the streets nearby. At first I thought it might have been a squabble between several dogs, but the thing just wouldn't stop, so I took a peak through the front door and I saw that this gang of three big mutts were attacking "something" and "tossing" it around in the front neighbor's outside yard, but since it was dark I couldn't quite make out what was it. I went to get the keys and a flashlight to get a closer look at what in blazes was going on. I went out and the dogs were leaving, and I found the mangled corpse of a cat in the front neighbor's outside yard. The damn stupid mutts ganged up on the poor fellow and mauled him to death. If I had had a shotgun with me I would have shot the bastards on the spot as they were fleeing the scene! It was a stray (I think; he had no collar or tags) cat that had been living in the neighborhood for a couple of years now. Every night I always left food and water in the yard for him and the other neighborhood cats. I could recognize when it was him that ate the food because he would always leave a "crater" pattern right in the middle of the food. I had just seen that cat some minutes before he got caught by those stupid mutts. He was laying on my front wall, "camouflaged" amidst the upper branches of the bushes and trees that hug the wall, where he liked to hang out and rest for a while before coming down and do his nightly rounds around the neighborhood. In the morning I will report the incident to the dog pound. I hope they catch the three bastards and turn them into chopped liver!
    My heart goes out for you. I'm very saddened reading this post.

I wouldnt have let the dogs get away without dicsplining them (idc who's dog it is)

Sorry for your loss JDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspiring Alkemist View Post
    As someone who literally ate breathed and lived as best i could as a physical manifestation of WSB, I tell you there are very very good reasons why I no longer ever think of him or hold interest in him.

Quite a wise man in many regards and entirely and utterly lost to ignorance and un-needed suffering in others.
    quite unrelated to the topic!!!!

Anyway, I like WSB a lot and I have read each one of his books... I do not know what you mean by being a physical manifestation of WSB. Most people think "WSB = junkie", when he actually begun to really write when he gave up drugs. I also have the luck of having several friends who were extremely close to him... none of them ever told me something "ugly" about Burroughs, quite the opposite.

HOWEVER... WSB doesn't matter here... except for "The Cat Inside"... One of the few books in which he gave up his usual experimental style and wrote probably the BEST book about cats that has ever existed. Any *cat person* should read it... probably it's the book that he really wrote with his heart and it's only about cats. I think it's the cutest book I have ever read, it makes you love cats even more!

What i mean is I was a young heroin addict who romanticized beatnik culture and opiate use along with WSB generally life philosophy because I believed it all could lead to....well something worth experiencing.

And maybe it was worth experiencing considering I narrowly avoiding losing my life to it all again and again but it was not something I would ever suggest anyone do for them self or go through myself again.

Burroughs was a depressed man who sought in others and in the world for that which he never found nor has any man. He was looking in all the wrong places for all the right answers.

Tho in light of all this it is worth mentioning the last words he ever said were "its all love" if i recall correctly. So he did find the light in the valley of the shadow of death.

sorry OP /derailment ended

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Anyway, I like WSB a lot and I have read each one of his books...
    Anyone that makes music with Kurt Cobain is alright in my book. I just ordered that Cat Book, never knew. I love both cats and dogs, but due to busy life I only have cats (they take care of themselves more). It is true, that dogs can attack cats... but cats do the same to insects... it is natural... it's only in the pillow wrapped West, where no pain or suffering shall ever be known unless it is in a Marvel movie, that society is upset at the reality of nature. If those dogs had an owner, the owner is to be blamed... not the dogs. IMO. But hey, I wasn't there... we only care about those we know...

I saw an injured Bat yesterday, crawling on the ground... nothing I could do, but wish it well as I ate my chicken sandwich.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    My heart goes out for you. I'm very saddened reading this post.

I wouldnt have let the dogs get away without dicsplining them (idc who's dog it is)

Sorry for your loss JDP.
    They might be stray dogs. I watched them for a while after I discovered the dead cat. The 3 of them went everywhere together, like a gang. They also started trying to attack other dogs that were inside neighbors' yards through the fences. Vicious motherfuckers! If the dog pound doesn't get them, I will. Let's see how they like my special "recipe": arsenic-laced meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    They might be stray dogs. I watched them for a while after I discovered the dead cat. The 3 of them went everywhere together, like a gang. They also started trying to attack other dogs that were inside neighbors' yards through the fences. Vicious motherfuckers! If the dog pound doesn't get them, I will. Let's see how they like my special "recipe": arsenic-laced meatballs.
    On 80 acres of wild territory, I let most things slide. But I carry at night in case a stray yote or wolf wants to tango. Seeing death day in-day out changes my perspective slightly, but this is obviously a friend you were fond of. I'm sorry for your suffering and wish you the best.

+ Reply to Thread