Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just witnessed a terrible thing...

And I don't normally get involved on these types of trolling, but what the hell, I've been drinking. Anyone choosing this moment to take a stab at JDP for no reason at all, you make me fucking sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspiring Alkemist View Post
    What i mean is I was a young heroin addict who romanticized beatnik culture and opiate use along with WSB generally life philosophy because I believed it all could lead to....well something worth experiencing. And maybe it was worth experiencing considering I narrowly avoiding losing my life to it all again and again but it was not something I would ever suggest anyone do for them self or go through myself again. Burroughs was a depressed man who sought in others and in the world for that which he never found nor has any man. He was looking in all the wrong places for all the right answers. Tho in light of all this it is worth mentioning the last words he ever said were "its all love" if i recall correctly. So he did find the light in the valley of the shadow of death. sorry OP /derailment ended

“Love? What is it? Most natural painkiller what there is. LOVE”...

They are actually the last words he wrote in his personal diary... nobody knows which ones are the last words he said, but that's the last thing he wrote... which is meaningful in his case, because as a rabid WSB reader, you should know that one of his biggest obsessions was the "last words" of any person. He mostly believed that the last words of someone are like the KEY to understand the whole life of this person.

Other than that, he was a junkie before he began to write his first famous tetralogy... and yes, he wrote a lot about heroin, but from the point of view of a former addict and not as someone who saw something glamorous in it, but quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Anyone that makes music with Kurt Cobain is alright in my book. I just ordered that Cat Book, never knew. I love both cats and dogs, but due to busy life I only have cats (they take care of themselves more).
    You won't regret it!!!! It's probably a must have for any cat lover... and whilst Burroughs is often a controversial writer, this specific book is something that you can perfectly read to your daughter, it is simply extremely cute, but in a clever way. A very "romantic" book, which is atypical for Burroughs (maybe "the ghost of chance" is the other exception... which is about Lemurs, animal rights, ecology... and how we destroy our planet in nonsensical ways).

He recorded many albums with different artists and musicians. The one with Kurt Cobain is not among the best ones.... Burroughs wasn't interested in Nirvana, but Kurt Cobain admired him, so he insisted in making an album with him, so Burroughs sent him a recording of a lecture and then Cobain played the guitars at a studio... but the result is close to John Cage + David Tudor's "Indeterminacy" (an album in which Cage read some stories and Tudor played some instruments without listening to Cage... as to destroy any kind of purposeful connection between the voice and the music). As far as I know, they saw each other only once face to face. The album is a bit weird, because the music and the spoken word are like 2 different albums.

Anyway... there's no way to dislike his book about cats.. if you like cats! It's so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    And I don't normally get involved on these types of trolling, but what the hell, I've been drinking. Anyone choosing this moment to take a stab at JDP for no reason at all, you make me fucking sick.
    Hahaha... maybe drinking and posting is not a great idea. Nobody is being impolite with JDP at all (actually the whole thread is very supportive... maybe you need to read it again once you are sober... which is not an insult, but you are reading something that is simply not here).

Hmm...one of my cats died some weeks ago, a black one, so I was listening to this song all the time... music is also a painkiller.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Hahaha... maybe drinking and posting is not a great idea. Nobody is being impolite with JDP at all (actually the whole thread is very supportive... maybe you need to read it again once you are sober... which is not an insult, but you are reading something that is simply not here).
    Quite possibly I took what you meant in joking as a jab. I thought there was another post that seemed negative, but I'm not reading it the same now. Sorry for interruption.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    A bit more than three hours ago I was in my yard playing with a couple of the neighbor's cats that always come to visit, and I heard this big dog "brawl" on the streets nearby. At first I thought it might have been a squabble between several dogs, but the thing just wouldn't stop, so I took a peek through the front door and I saw that this gang of three big mutts were attacking "something" and "tossing" it around in the front neighbor's outside yard, but since it was dark I couldn't quite make out what was it. I went to get the keys and a flashlight to get a closer look at what in blazes was going on. I went out and the dogs were leaving, and I found the mangled corpse of a cat in the front neighbor's outside yard. The damn stupid mutts ganged up on the poor fellow and mauled him to death. If I had had a shotgun with me I would have shot the bastards on the spot as they were fleeing the scene! It was a stray (I think; he had no collar or tags) cat that had been living in the neighborhood for a couple of years now. Every night I always left food and water in the yard for him and the other neighborhood cats. I could recognize when it was him that ate the food because he would always leave a "crater" pattern right in the middle of the food. I had just seen that cat some minutes before he got caught by those stupid mutts. He was laying on my front wall, "camouflaged" amidst the upper branches of the bushes and trees that hug the wall, where he liked to hang out and rest for a while before coming down and do his nightly rounds around the neighborhood. In the morning I will report the incident to the dog pound. I hope they catch the three bastards and turn them into chopped liver!
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss of a cat friend. I live on a 60 acre ranch backed up to 100,000 thousand acres of National Forest. We get all kinds of predators passing through. Coyotes rule the night so we have dogs. The rats of NIMH keep stealing power from us so we have cats. It is always a work in progress to keep the dogs respectful of the cats.

Once we lost a good barn kitty that kept the rats and squirrels out of the barn where he lived. We took in a rescue dog, an Aussie shepherd. One day the dog got hold of the barn cat by a Juniper tree and viciously crushed his neck as my wife and I got to him. I went into a PTSD rage and grabbed a 2x4 and went to beat the dog to death. I chased him around the tree as my wife gave comfort to the dying cat.

When I saw that I felt bad that I did not stay with the dying cat as she did. I still wanted to kill the dog but my wife is my better half. She found the dog another home.

Dogs by their nature will pack-up and go on killing sprees. Feral dogs are far more dangerous than coyotes, bears and mountain lions. They are not afraid of people. They are becoming a urban or suburban problem.

Quote Originally Posted by z0 K View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss of a cat friend. I live on a 60 acre ranch backed up to 100,000 thousand acres of National Forest. We get all kinds of predators passing through. Coyotes rule the night so we have dogs. The rats of NIMH keep stealing power from us so we have cats. It is always a work in progress to keep the dogs respectful of the cats.

Once we lost a good barn kitty that kept the rats and squirrels out of the barn where he lived. We took in a rescue dog, an Aussie shepherd. One day the dog got hold of the barn cat by a Juniper tree and viciously crushed his neck as my wife and I got to him. I went into a PTSD rage and grabbed a 2x4 and went to beat the dog to death. I chased him around the tree as my wife gave comfort to the dying cat.

When I saw that I felt bad that I did not stay with the dying cat as she did. I still wanted to kill the dog but my wife is my better half. She found the dog another home.

Dogs by their nature will pack-up and go on killing sprees. Feral dogs are far more dangerous than coyotes, bears and mountain lions. They are not afraid of people. They are becoming a urban or suburban problem.
    Yes, when stray/feral dogs start gathering in packs they can be very dangerous, they start acting like a gang, attacking their targets in tandem. If pushed, they will even attack people. The poor cat did not stand a chance against these three canine thugs.

+ Reply to Thread