Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Art of Coins

Blog Entries

The Art of Coins

The Art of Coins. I remember this phrase popping up when i started researching alchemy. From what i remember a coin was used in the work,
    in order for crystals to form from the fatty vapour on the face of the coin ( cling to ) the metal, after which the crystals were scraped off.
    The point being the crystals could only form if they had metal particles to cling to.
    Some process in which liquid crystal " hijacks/uses " something from a metal in order to form crystals.

Does anybody have more information on this ?

Blog Entries
    In general, crystals need a 'seed point' to grow. They need a spot with small surface area to help align the initial covalent bonds and begin the cycle of building a lattice.

Crystals do not need metal a scratched up piece of glass works in the same way. The smooth surfaces of a flask are not ideal for the beginning of crystal growth. Hoelwever, if you take some pointy steel, and scratch the glass, all of a sudden things can change and crystals can form. The other, superior, alternative is using a seed crystal itself.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

@Kibric: I remember reading once about our Coin. I don't remember where I read it.

@Elixirmixer: Good advice thank-you. I tried to grow some colored crystals one time but mine didn't come out as pretty as the pics. I probably got the proportions wrong or messed up somewhere. Does anyone have advice on re-crystallization?
    Last edited by Seraphim; 08-17-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have two thoughts. First, have you ever grown sugar crystals on a string? Sugar water is slowly evaporated down, while a string or stick is hanging in it. The sugar crystaizes on to the string.

Second, diamonds and other precious gems can be ‘grown’ in a lab by placing a seed diamond in an atmosphere of diamond dust (or maybe it was carbon?) and an appropriate solvent. I forget exactly how it was done, but the micro-particles join with the seed diamond and after a few days it grows in size. I think there was high heat and pressure involved as well.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

+ Reply to Thread