Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Richard Chanfray

Richard Chanfray

This guy did a transmutation on French TV in 1972. With experts, cameras and a lot of people surrounding him. He claimed to be Saint-Germain as well.
    Unfortunately I couldn't find a video online. Does someone know more?

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    This guy did a transmutation on French TV in 1972. With experts, cameras and a lot of people surrounding him. He claimed to be Saint-Germain as well.
    Unfortunately I couldn't find a video online. Does someone know more?
    You can see excerpts from the transmutation demonstration on French TV here:

3 years later he also appeared on Spanish TV for a similar demonstration. Excerpts can be seen here:

The Spanish reporter (JosÚ MarÝa ═˝igo) who conducted the demonstration under Chanfray's directions on TV also explains how he and a colleague had met Chanfray in Paris and performed the same thing in Chanfray's kitchen, how he brought the lead for the demonstration, as requested by Chanfray himself, how the lead started "shrinking" and changing color. Then ═˝igo took the obtained metal to a jeweler to be assayed and was found to be gold (obviously such operations cannot be carried out in a normal kitchen or camp-stove fire, as they don't get hot enough; this can also be seen in the French TV demonstration, where the treated metal was taken to an assayer and purified into gold.)
    Last edited by JDP; 08-22-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Logistics

Moved thread from Symbolism to The Alchemists subforum.

Will delete this post in a day or so.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    You can see excerpts from the transmutation demonstration on French TV here:

3 years later he also appeared on Spanish TV for a similar demonstration. Excerpts can be seen here:

The Spanish reporter (JosÚ MarÝa ═˝igo) who conducted the demonstration under Chanfray's directions on TV also explains how he and a colleague had met Chanfray in Paris and performed the same thing in Chanfray's kitchen, how he brought the lead for the demonstration, as requested by Chanfray himself, how the lead started "shrinking" and changing color. Then ═˝igo took the obtained metal to a jeweler to be assayed and was found to be gold (obviously such operations cannot be carried out in a normal kitchen or camp-stove fire, as they don't get hot enough; this can also be seen in the French TV demonstration, where the treated metal was taken to an assayer and purified into gold.)
    Do you mean the assaying, or the transmutation, that cannot be carried out on a camp-stove fire?
    As far as I know, it just requires a molten/liquid metal wherein to put the tinging powder, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Moved thread from Symbolism to The Alchemists subforum.

Will delete this post in a day or so.
    I guess that's okay, but I wouldn't consider Chanfray to be an alchemist.

Blog Entries
    Well, it made more sense to me here than in symbolism & imagery
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Do you mean the assaying, or the transmutation, that cannot be carried out on a camp-stove fire?
    As far as I know, it just requires a molten/liquid metal wherein to put the tinging powder, doesn't it?
    Yes, but to properly finish the operation is needed a final assaying: first of all, in order to make sure that gold or silver has indeed been produced, and second, to eliminate any residual base metals that might not have been transmuted (if more base metal has been used than the amount of "tincture" used can transform.) There's many transmutation accounts where the metals to be transmuted were not even melted, just heated, and the transmutation was still effected, as long as the "tincture" was hot enough to melt and "penetrate" the heated metal.

I guess that's okay, but I wouldn't consider Chanfray to be an alchemist.
    Chanfray in fact never claimed that he prepared the sample of the "tincture" he used in these demonstrations. He openly said that he got the sample from someone else (he never revealed the identity of this person.)

Seems like in the 70s there were still some (or at least one) adept(s) around, continuing that centuries old tradition of giving samples to show-offs.

Good to know somehow.

That means if he haven't found it in some masonry, altar or town wall. Something they liked to do very much as well.

He was also into space/psych pop.... !

+ Reply to Thread