Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Tibetan Book of the Dead a.k.a. Bardo Thodol

Blog Entries

The Tibetan Book of the Dead a.k.a. Bardo Thodol

I've been reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead and the opening is - for me - like steroids for the mind. If you read the below passage every morning and you still end up a lazy bum something is wrong with you. LOL.

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion!

But rise up now with resolve and courage!

Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now,

You have had [more than] enough time to sleep.

So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech and mind!

Are you oblivious to the sufferings of birth, old age, sickness and death?

There is no guarantee that you will survive, even past this very day!

The time has come [for you] to develop perseverance in [your] practice.

For, at this singular opportunity, you could attain the everlasting bliss [of nirvana].

So now is [certainly] not the time to sit idly,

But, starting with [the reflection on] death, you should bring your practice to completion!

The moments of our life are not expendable,

And the [possible] circumstances of death are beyond imagination.

If you do not achieve an undaunted confident security now,

What point is there in your being alive, O living creature?

- from The Tibetan Book of the Dead

Last edited by Awani; 08-26-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Ive been thinking a lot lately how the nature of our reality really is that of the dreamer.

We are stuck in a dream, we think that its real yet it really isnt, if you can wake up from this dream, then you will return to a greater world where you have been in slumber a very long time.

I want to wake up. Got to chew off some demon faces to get there; but if you stop allowing yourself to fall sleep all the time and stay aware, then you can find the end of the rabbit hole.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries

My rebirth

For a few days now I have been heavily reading The Tibetan Book of the Dead... I have also been working on a podcast episode about this in the future. This might not mean anything to anyone else, but a life long mystery for me has been solved... I had an epiphany... when the thought [epiphany] entered my mind I actually gasped aloud.

My oldest dream that I can recall is also a nightmare. I was only a couple of years old. In the dream I just saw different colors, in a round shape (like a traffic light). Red, yellow, green, blue... and they whispered that they were not my friend and that they disliked me.

I always found this dream to be really unsettling. And it is not nice not the be loved.

Fast forward a few decades.

Basically according to the Tibetan Book of the Dead right after the moment of death you have a chance to liberate yourself from Samsara by entering the White Light. If you do not, you enter a sort of heaven where you are faced with a lot of wonderful imagery... these are all projections from your mind and you should reject it and look for the White Light. Recognition = Liberation

After "heaven" you enter hell. In the same way this place is also a projection of yourself... and it can be so scary that you want to escape. You might get suggestions to follow the red light, or the green light... or the blue light... all these lights will bring you back to re-birth. It is also such an unsettling place that you wish to leave it as fast as you can.

In my nightmare I always wished to wake up when those different lights were mocking me.

I am now fairly certain that that dream might be a memory of why I chose to be reborn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Got to chew off some demon faces to get there; but if you stop allowing yourself to fall sleep all the time and stay aware, then you can find the end of the rabbit hole.
    Those demons are projections of your own mind. The way out is in. IMO.

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful insight.

I've been reading William Bhulman last book about the after death states. Very interesting also. Makes sense and matches logic. Everyone goes where everyone is before death, there is no big changes. You are waiting for Jesus, then you'll be waiting for Him in a "paradise" with alike people.

Unless you enter the White light. He says he saw Bouddhists monks praying the soul of the old man dying, to go to the white Light, and the soul disapeared in a flash.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    Carl Jung was onto something. It is so weird. Since I began my proper study of the Bardo Thodol (The Tibetan Book of the Dead) I have had too many synchronicities... like over-the-top direct ones... like podcasts I listen to start talking about the same book to name the most recent. Today driving home I was met with a wonderful double rainbow... the bridge between worlds. LOL.

I'd be extremely careful with English translations of Eastern texts, there were many cases when translators simply made up things and/or carelessly made colossal mistakes during translation, totally corrupting the very sense of original.

I also think that "after death" is much more complex than most people think. Death might become totally absolute (not exactly totally absolute, but MUCH worse than that, yes, there are things which are MUCH worse than if you just absolutely died) for unprepared human who is being fed by illusions of "soul/spirit immortality", but "memento mori" of ancient people degraded into some kind of funny phrase nowadays. This life gives us ONLY chance to do something about that. And there is a multitude of illusions trying to persuade into thinking that your spirit is immortal, you chose to be born here, etc.

Also for some reason I remembered this :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSxCo_uMoI

Blog Entries
    I am using the Gyurme Dorje translation, which differs a lot from most of the older versions and is - in my opinion - more probable to be accurate than any other English version.

Also some of it is pretty simple. True wisdom always is.

--------------------------------------------

A sacred text hidden for hundreds of years and written by the pupil of the first Buddha is part of a multidimensional conspiracy, whilst the people that inspired that video you posted are speaking the truth... and at the same time they suggest this:

❤❤ Please Do Your Amazon Shopping Through This link...
    Conclusion: yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    ...there is a multitude of illusions trying to persuade into thinking that your spirit is immortal, you chose to be born here, etc.
    Not a multitude. Everything is an illusion. I did not choose to be born per se... I meant that it was "that" which caused me to be afraid, yearning for escape i.e. birth.

Also I know the Divine Mystery is "eternal" and "immortal" nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I am using the Gyurme Dorje translation, which differs a lot from most of the older versions and is - in my opinion - more probable to be accurate than any other English version.

Also some of it is pretty simple. True wisdom always is.

--------------------------------------------

A sacred text hidden for hundreds of years and written by the pupil of the first Buddha is part of a multidimensional conspiracy, whilst the people that inspired that video you posted are speaking the truth... and at the same time they suggest this:

Conclusion: yawn

Not a multitude. Everything is an illusion. I did not choose to be born per se... I meant that it was "that" which caused me to be afraid, yearning for escape i.e. birth.

Also I know the Divine Mystery is "eternal" and "immortal" nonetheless.

I saw images of this exact book last year and I ended up almost puking in a public washroom. I was reading the book as a literal possibility and was severely fret.

What do you mean when you say the text was kept hidden? By who and why?

Also, do you think these scary images are literally happening somewhere or is it symbolic?

+ Reply to Thread