Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taoist/Buddhist Salt recipe

Blog Entries
    Sorry i did not mean 'Alchemical' as in the process of cultivating gold, I ment 'Alchemical' in terms of Hermetic theory in practise.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I don't know whether this is bamboo salt or not. It looks like the photos I found online. Someone placed this in my mailbox inside an unmarked envelope. I'm curious to what it could be, has anyone seen something similar?

Last edited by Seraphim; 09-14-2018 at 12:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Do you have any particular found photos you may like to juxtapose?

Because to me they look like tree resin or maybe semi-precious gemstones...
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

I updated the post with a better photo, hopefully that will help. I am not a good photographer, here is one image I found online. Thank you Kiorionis.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I don't know whether this is bamboo salt or not. It looks like the photos I found online. Someone placed this in my mailbox inside an unmarked envelope. I'm curious to what it could be, has anyone seen something similar?
    Why do you think it might have to do something with salt or Alchemy in general?

I don't think that friendly people would anonymously send you some strange stuff in unmarked envelope. It could be just anything - some kids decided to joke, or it was put there with some malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    Why do you think it might have to do something with salt or Alchemy in general?

I don't think that friendly people would anonymously send you some strange stuff in unmarked envelope. It could be just anything - some kids decided to joke, or it was put there with some malicious intent.
    I was reading this thread and about bamboo salt, then I remembered I found this in my mailbox. Originally I thought it was some sort of failed drug deal, or maybe someone was just giving away strange stuff? I don't really know, I am still trying to identify it.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 09-14-2018 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I was reading this thread and about bamboo salt, then I remembered I found this in my mailbox. Originally I thought it was some sort of failed drug deal, or maybe someone was just giving away strange stuff? I don't really know, I am still trying to identify it.
    Smoke it and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Sounds like an example of the type of paradoxical activity of a type of conman that was commonly labelled as a "betrüger" in the 16th-18th century German-speaking world:
    "Betrueger" is not a name for a specific type of con man. It is a general name for a deceiver. It is also not a term reserved to the 16th-18th century, it is still in use in German today, and means exactly the same thing as it did back then. The word is also still in use in Dutch as "bedrieger". https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bedrieger

But it is remarkable that that is the thing you choose to reply to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curious View Post
    "Betrueger" is not a name for a specific type of con man. It is a general name for a deceiver. It is also not a term reserved to the 16th-18th century, it is still in use in German today, and means exactly the same thing as it did back then. The word is also still in use in Dutch as "bedrieger". https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bedrieger

But it is remarkable that that is the thing you choose to reply to.
    As usual, learn how to read (I never said that it was only one type of conman that received such a label) and also get better acquainted with the subject before trying to sound smart. Read Tara Nummedal's Alchemy and Authority in the Holy Roman Empire, which deals extensively with the subject of the "betrüger" in the alchemical context of those times.

+ Reply to Thread