Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rose Oil

Rose Oil

Many years ago I heard a story about a convent where the nuns were
    manufacturing/transmuting Rose Oil Alchemically to sell as a way to
    assist with the convents finances.

Rose oil was very expensive and as they had large gardens and many
    rose bushes this idea seamed more logical than selling alchemical gold.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this type of transmutation
    being worked in the vegetable kingdom ?

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post

what's more logical... selling gold that can be transmuted from base metals you don't need or want... or spending time making more and more oil from rose bushes.

Though I've seen movies and cartoons of people putting their ''magical'' rock over flowers to make them blossom immediately. Maybe you can do this to plants as well, and sell both Rose Oil & Gold... In my opinion there's less suspicion that way.

I've seen some talk about ''Roses'' in some imagery and texts but I don't think they're literally talking about Roses from those bushes... Just using them to help allude to the true meaning they're trying to convey.

Short narrow way
    Pearls
    Grains

Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    what's more logical... selling gold that can be transmuted from base metals you don't need or want... or spending time making more and more oil from rose bushes.

Though I've seen movies and cartoons of people putting their ''magical'' rock over flowers to make them blossom immediately. Maybe you can do this to plants as well, and sell both Rose Oil & Gold... In my opinion there's less suspicion that way.
    It depends on your needs. If you need money, selling precious metals is obviously the way to go. It will take much more time and effort to accrue the same amount of money you can make with precious metals by selling rose oil! If your needs are of a medicinal or culinary nature, then distilling essential oils or waters imbued with them is what you are looking for.

Blog Entries

What are you refering to exactly when you say 'transmuted' rose oil?

I read about a man who made a spagyric from 1000 roses and concentrated them into a single pill, of significant medicinal potency.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

The way I understood the story was that the nuns were growing or transmuting
    the rose oil from a baser material alchemically.

With the metallic realm we use a baser metal as in lead or mercury to transmute
    into gold.

But this story stirred my imagination to what baser material could be elevated
    to an essence / oil / sulphur.

The way I understood the story was that the nuns were growing or transmuting
    the rose oil from a baser material alchemically.

With the metallic realm we use a baser metal as in lead or mercury to transmute
    into gold.

But this story stirred my imagination to what baser material could be elevated
    to an essence / oil / sulphur.
    Like Rosarium Philosophorum you got to think philosophically. "Rose Oil" completely sounds like the red stone in liquid form "oil of gold" and that's likely what they were referring to as their Rose Oil.

I've never heard of Rose Oil before. What do you think it smells or tastes like? Roses?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I've never heard of Rose Oil before. What do you think it smells or tastes like? Roses?
    I think that it probably smells and tastes like any classic essential rose oil.

I also don't think that it can be of any relevance to Alchemy. Just business.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Have you ever had Middle Eastern/North African desserts? Chances are that you have consumed "rose water" (i.e. water infused with the essential oils given off during the distillation of rose petals & water), as well as "orange blossom water" (i.e. water infused with the essential oils of orange tree flowers), since they are very often used in their confectionery. One of the earliest large-scale employments of distillation was in fact for preparing rose water during the times of the Abbasid caliphs, who received large amounts of it as tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    Like Rosarium Philosophorum you got to think philosophically. "Rose Oil" completely sounds like the red stone in liquid form "oil of gold" and that's likely what they were referring to as their Rose Oil.
    To my line of thinking your assumption is most logical and I would normally view it that way.

But sometimes it's worth stretching the imagination and thinking outside the philosophical box.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

This continually rings in my ears as I become more and more aware of new possibilities.

So many times we can be directly looking at something and it's true meaning is completely hidden from us ........... but if we change the way we look at it then so much more may be opened to us.

I'm not saying that this is the case with this Rose Oil but it is a possibility......

+ Reply to Thread