Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Arnold de Villeneuve Le Rosaire des Philosophes

Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    Okay, you believe in transmutation, but this doesn't answer the question as to why you believe there's a secret solvent (philosopher's stone)in the first place, which you learned about from the very mouths that speak of pure misguidance and deception.
    Because there's just too many historical witnesses -many of them who were in fact skeptical of alchemy- that this thing is very real. This "bothersome" detail just can't be easily dismissed. Plus the alchemists very persistent efforts at trying to conceal this part of the subject also will make any observant person suspect that there are indeed important facts to be found here, otherwise such persistence seems quite out of place.

Is believing in a secret solvent, as described by the alchemists, and believing in the perfect chemical reactions that youve seen thus far the same as The Stone? Sounds like two different things, I suppose particle accelerators in this regard, is a secret solvent, which it isn't but still produces gold.
    No, but it certainly clears up one big obstacle in the way: the supposed "impossibility" of transmutation, and thus by logical extension of alchemy itself. Such a thing is a modern myth created by physics and ordinary chemistry, as it fits their agendas and theoretical framework, with which they are just about as infatuated, and loyal to, as the alchemists and chymists were with theirs. All of them are victims of their idolatry of theories/speculation. FREE YOURSELF FROM ITS CHAINS! Worship only at the altar of EMPIRICAL FACTS.

What are some of your favorite authors you feel are genuine JDP?
    Too long to mention. The ones I like the most are the ones who don't try to fool and misguide you, specially with that silly "one matter only" ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    Yes, there are many different versions of books called "Rosary". The one that is most often quoted is the longer Rosary version mentioned above. Then there's a condensed version often called the "Little Rosary" (which is available in English). Then there's the one with the woodcuts, often called "Rosarium" which is a totally different text. The longer version is available in Latin, old French, German and Spanish, but most oddly, not in modern French or English. Yet it continues to be one of the most quoted of alchemical books. A modern French or English version should become a high priority for anyone wishing to translate. This book forms the basis for later texts such as those by Cyliani, the Hermetic Recreations, the Naturweg, John Palmer, Fulcanelli, etc.
    Hi Alchemist friends!

I've been reading some posts here and thought I should make my contribution. I agree with Illen A. Cluf´s reasoning: Naturweg, Hermetic Recreations, Cyliani, John Plamer and Fulcanelli (despite the current French and Spanish alchemical tradition believe differently) are all works interconnected with each other, and have Arnauld de Villeneuve as basis. Cyliani is even more explicit pointing to the "Little Rosary" where he found many of the secrets of the work. This work is a real gem, I believe even more than the "Great Rosary." Unfortunately this work is available in an old manuscript and written in an almost illegible form. As far as the "Great Rosary" is concerned, and here I have to agree with JDP, the great problem is the prolixity of the author making the reader getting around in order to deceive him. The path of Naturweg-Recreations-Cyliani-John Palmer is a path that has always attracted me, and for this reason, this was always my focus since I started treading this path. At the moment, I am working on two great works that will bring great light about these authors to the students of the Art. The first is the composition of a great Compendium, formed mainly by the four works above, interspersed with each other, as well as with other philosophical writings, such as the Hermetic Cabinet (which is a commentary on the works of Arnauld, Arnauld himself, Saint Didier, Urbigerus and others. Regarding to Philalethes, Flamel, and Artephius, the author of Hermetic Cabinet suggests that although they wrote about the Mineral Stone, in some points they reveal the Universal Work, or as he says, the Way of the Ancients, which is that of Cyliani and the others. The second is a personal effort in order to transcribe and translate the "Little Rosary" which, according to Cyliani, must contain true treasures to understand and accomplish his path.

All the best,
    V. V.

Quote Originally Posted by Via Veritatis View Post
    Hi Alchemist friends!

I've been reading some posts here and thought I should make my contribution. I agree with Illen A. Cluf´s reasoning: Naturweg, Hermetic Recreations, Cyliani, John Plamer and Fulcanelli (despite the current French and Spanish alchemical tradition believe differently) are all works interconnected with each other, and have Arnauld de Villeneuve as basis. Cyliani is even more explicit pointing to the "Little Rosary" where he found many of the secrets of the work. This work is a real gem, I believe even more than the "Great Rosary." Unfortunately this work is available in an old manuscript and written in an almost illegible form. As far as the "Great Rosary" is concerned, and here I have to agree with JDP, the great problem is the prolixity of the author making the reader getting around in order to deceive him. The path of Naturweg-Recreations-Cyliani-John Palmer is a path that has always attracted me, and for this reason, this was always my focus since I started treading this path. At the moment, I am working on two great works that will bring great light about these authors to the students of the Art. The first is the composition of a great Compendium, formed mainly by the four works above, interspersed with each other, as well as with other philosophical writings, such as the Hermetic Cabinet (which is a commentary on the works of Arnauld, Arnauld himself, Saint Didier, Urbigerus and others. Regarding to Philalethes, Flamel, and Artephius, the author of Hermetic Cabinet suggests that although they wrote about the Mineral Stone, in some points they reveal the Universal Work, or as he says, the Way of the Ancients, which is that of Cyliani and the others. The second is a personal effort in order to transcribe and translate the "Little Rosary" which, according to Cyliani, must contain true treasures to understand and accomplish his path.

All the best,
    V. V.
    That's great that you are transcribing the Hermetic Cabinet and the "Little Rosary"! I'm personally very interested, so please keep us informed of the progress.

+ Reply to Thread