This one is hefty and difficult as well as mysterious. It appears to repeat itself over and over with certain words spelled in capitals and other words spelled with lowercase adding to the difficulty in translating the meanings into English.

Tantra of the Secret Community

I have done some of these practices (tibetan throat singing) during some more intense training. Can't even begin to explain what happens to my brain and my mind and my body. Something is happening in my diaphragm and my throat, a buzzing and a warming and a zooming feeling. The spot between my eyes starts to feel very strange without getting too metaphysical on you. Doing it in a group like these people are, is indescribable . The sound melts together in your ears, you stop hearing anything sometimes, and the vibration begins to push you out of your body.

Reading the text adds more layers of mystery, the tantra, the magic, the visualizations I had no idea were a part of it. I only speak English and at the time I had no clue what I was repeating. The exact same experience can be had with just the word OM. But you have to do it similar to the sounds in this video to unlock the throat. If you read the text you would have no clue its connecting with the OM (or throat singing) practice, until you heard it from the monks themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYH6...ienieKosmiczne

Tsongkhapa’s Lamp to Illuminate the Five Stages (1419) is a comprehensive presentation of the highest yoga class of Buddhist tantra, especially the key practices—the so-called five stages (pancakrama)—of the advanced phase of Guyhasamaja tantra. Beginning with a thorough examination of the Indian sources, Tsongkhapa draws particularly from the writings of Nagarjuna, Aryadeva, Candrakirti, and Naropa to develop a definitive understanding of the Vajrayana completion stage.

The Guhyasamāja Tantra was the secret gathering based on thought that having sexual relations with many women would contribute to Buddhism awakening.

The text describes some of the same rituals as the aghori. Practice in the mountains, in forests, or in charnel grounds. Some references to eating excrement, drinking and uniting the body with urine or eating flesh of animals like horse to gain siddhi like invisibility.

The taking of mercury and holding it in your mouth is one example of some of the things I thought was interesting.

I am only 12 chapters in at the moment. It takes a while to digest so I only read a few passages a morning before I am full and I need to stop reading.