Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: J. Erik LaPort

Blog Entries

J. Erik LaPort

Does anyone know anything about this guy? He published three books, but not much more is available on him (not that I could find), except that he's a member of the Alchemy Guild. The prefaces of 2 of his books were written by Steve Kalec and Dennis William Hauck respectively, and ex-forum-member Moshe edited one of them.

Yes,
    he is said to be a member of PON (philosophers of nature). An organisation whose lineage is related to the school of Frater Albertus and Jean Dubuis. He (or his publisher quintessence) seems to live in Thailand but orginally comes from New Zealand (or Australia, not quite sure..)

The Alchemy Guild seems to be a subsequent organisation of PON if I understand it right.

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/philnatr.html

According to his own foreword in "Cracking the phil. stone", he is working on common gold, (Antimony) Stibnite, the secret solvent (he calls it Flux /Menstruum). This sounds to be something what most believe is the "Flamel way", though others are -as you know- more sceptical.
    He believes that there exist different versions of the secret solvent all that can be achieved through a variety of chemical techniques.

1) a unique salt (Alexandrian period)
    2) salt-saturated urine (Islamic alchemy)
    3) unique chemical compounds developed in europe in the middle ages

"Keys to the Kingdom" is a "dedication to every alchemy researcher who has reached the 4th Key and hit that impenetrable wall". Here he deals with the keys and other works of Basil Valentine.

He published more than those books you linked to, namely:

- Cabbala Mineralis (a commentary/interpretation of this work by Pseudo-Simeon ben Cantara)
    - Gold Elixirs - A Cross-Cultural History of Therapeutic Gold
    - Grand Elixir & AKASA Sacred Fire & Royal Blood of Ancients

If you need further insight in some of the books pm me.

Hope I could help.

There can be more, I know some people who I can ask.

PS. In those books there is a link to Moshe's webpage:
    www.david-house-productions.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks.

You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Yes,
    he is said to be a member of PON (philosophers of nature). An organisation whose lineage is related to the school of Frater Albertus and Jean Dubuis. He (or his publisher quintessence) seems to live in Thailand but orginally comes from New Zealand (or Australia, not quite sure..)

The Alchemy Guild seems to be a subsequent organisation of PON if I understand it right.

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/philnatr.html

According to his own foreword in "Cracking the phil. stone", he is working on common gold, (Antimony) Stibnite, the secret solvent (he calls it Flux /Menstruum). This sounds to be something what most believe is the "Flamel way", though others are -as you know- more sceptical.
    He believes that there exist different versions of the secret solvent all that can be achieved through a variety of chemical techniques.

1) a unique salt (Alexandrian period)
    2) salt-saturated urine (Islamic alchemy)
    3) unique chemical compounds developed in europe in the middle ages

"Keys to the Kingdom" is a "dedication to every alchemy researcher who has reached the 4th Key and hit that impenetrable wall". Here he deals with the keys and other works of Basil Valentine.

He published more than those books you linked to, namely:

- Cabbala Mineralis (a commentary/interpretation of this work by Pseudo-Simeon ben Cantara)
    - Gold Elixirs - A Cross-Cultural History of Therapeutic Gold
    - Grand Elixir & AKASA Sacred Fire & Royal Blood of Ancients

If you need further insight in some of the books pm me.

Hope I could help.

There can be more, I know some people who I can ask.

PS. In those books there is a link to Moshe's webpage:
    www.david-house-productions.com
    He doesn't understand the subject very well. He does not have a proper understanding of the absolute necessity of the secret solvent in alchemy (he thinks they are several different substances, that different alchemists had totally different solvents. In this regard he is hardly any different from modern "puffers", like, say, "Rubellus Petrinus", for example.) He also doesn't understand the differences between "alchemy", "chymistry" and "chemistry". His interpretations and propositions are of the kind that the alchemists themselves would have unmistakably and without any second-thoughts branded as "sophistical & false". He should limit himself to publishing translations of alchemical & chymical texts and spare us his naive, ingenuous, inexperienced and plainly erroneous & unrealistic "interpretations" (the same advice goes for Jungians, like Theodor Abt, who are the opposite side of the coin from LaPort, but fall for the exact same mistake of having too much faith in their own unsupported speculative & fanciful ruminations.)

+ Reply to Thread