Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alchemist’s Dream Glassware

Blog Entries

Alchemist’s Dream Glassware

I’m curious if any of you have ordered from this website: AlchemistsDream.com?

Looks like they have some good stuff, but I’m unsure of the quality at this moment.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Some of their stuff looks very good (though I would still change a couple of things in their designs), but the problem are the prices. Their glassware is just too expensive. Knowing first hand how easily you can break or crack glassware during the course of experiments, your pocket will quickly start "feeling it" whenever you need to replace such expensive pieces. So this equipment is for seekers who were "born with silver spoons in their mouths", not for the average ones who (still) have to work for a living.

It's all made of borosilicate glass... Plus they offer some unique pieces that I haven't seen anywhere else. Looks good to me!

Sure, quality has its price. But the supposed durability of those items may well warrant it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Some of their stuff looks very good (though I would still change a couple of things in their designs), but the problem are the prices. Their glassware is just too expensive. Knowing first hand how easily you can break or crack glassware during the course of experiments, your pocket will quickly start "feeling it" whenever you need to replace such expensive pieces. So this equipment is for seekers who were "born with silver spoons in their mouths", not for the average ones who (still) have to work for a living.
    Well, seeing as how my last Alembic head set me back $350, their price certainly looks good to me. My boiling flasks have different joint sizes, but that can be fixed with one adapter.

But, in your opinion JDP, what’s a reasonable price for a 2000ml Alembic head?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sternbach View Post
    It's all made of borosilicate glass... Plus they offer some unique pieces that I haven't seen anywhere else. Looks good to me!

Sure, quality has its price. But the supposed durability of those items may well warrant it.
    True.

Well, if I get around to buying some of their glassware, I’ll write up a review. It might be sooner rather than later because I just melted my last retort.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    True.

Well, if I get around to buying some of their glassware, I’ll write up a review. It might be sooner rather than later because I just melted my last retort.. lol
    Please do!

I’m curious if any of you have ordered from this website: AlchemistsDream.com?

Looks like they have some good stuff, but I’m unsure of the quality at this moment.
    I have not seen the alembic but the remaining items maybe are the same as a Chinese seller/store on eBay. Not sure if I can post his store name here but if you're interested, I can PM you his info.

Well, seeing as how my last Alembic head set me back $350, their price certainly looks good to me. My boiling flasks have different joint sizes, but that can be fixed with one adapter.

But, in your opinion JDP, what’s a reasonable price for a 2000ml Alembic head?
    This is much better priced:

https://www.pelletlab.com/alembic_distillation

You might complain that their design is not as "loyal" to the old alembic heads as that of the other guys, but that does not justify the much higher price-tag. From $69.95 to $195.00 is a lot of difference for just a few tweaks in the design! So, offering their 2000ml alembic head at, say, $90-$100, would be a much more reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    I have not seen the alembic but the remaining items maybe are the same as a Chinese seller/store on eBay. Not sure if I can post his store name here but if you're interested, I can PM you his info.
    How do their prices compare to those of these "AlchemistsDream.com" guys?

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    This is much better priced:

https://www.pelletlab.com/alembic_distillation

You might complain that their design is not as "loyal" to the old alembic heads as that of the other guys, but that does not justify the much higher price-tag. From $69.95 to $195.00 is a lot of difference for just a few tweaks in the design! So, offering their 2000ml alembic head at, say, $90-$100, would be a much more reasonable price.
    That distillation helmet does not have any drip rail. Though it may be useful for distilling certain viscous substances (in the way of a retort), it does not have the same kind of applicability that an authentic alembic has.

+ Reply to Thread