Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: The Last Stand of JDP... not?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,002

    The Last Stand of JDP... not?

    Mod note: This thread is a collection of off-topic posts, thread hijack posts and general cross-posting that have been gathered in one thread... in order to not mess up other threads. The discussion itself is fairly chronological for those that decide to read through this train wreck...

    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    To be in the presence of the Divine Mystery is comforting enough.
    What good does that do if you can't remember it??? It's as if it never happened.

    By seeing the patterns of ones own life, and with the right knowledge from the sages of the past, one can figure out the "reason" for being here. Nothing is by accident. Your way of looking at re-birth is from the same perspective as Richard Dawkins when he looks at God as a bearded man in the sky... Dawkins thinks that is the God people believe in. What a joke. There is a tendency for people to look at things they don't "believe" and view it in the most childish way. This attitude is self-defeating.

    If I ponder about the afterlife, God or any such topic I do so for the same reason as someone might ponder which Beatles album is the best. Everyone has different pleasures.

    Dawkins is right. When you see popular representations of "God", what is it that you most often see? Yep, that's right, A BEARDED MAN IN THE SKY:



    The defense rests!
    Last edited by Awani; 12-05-2018 at 10:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    9,187
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    What good does that do if you can't remember it???
    I live it. No need to remember.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Dawkins is right. When you see popular representations of "God", what is it that you most often see?
    Excuse me but mainstream religion is a corporation, and does not represent the Divine Mystery anymore than Donald Trump represents an American.

    I am totally bored with debate. I posed a question in this thread, and by posting it I realised the answer after re-reading my post and Andros reply... so all the other posts are moot. I got what I needed to proceed with my work. I don't have a need to debate or convince anyone. People can think what they want. I know what I know.

    Addendum: If someone can't propose an idea or a perspective that adds to a DISCUSSION... then those people are just VOMITING empty daycare level arguments that lead nowhere or are circular at best. I honestly don't have any patience or time for bullshit anymore. No time to fuck around. If I post something like this for example:

    Can energy be saved or does energy always have to be released? Then I just want a simple YES or a simple NO with reasons why NO. Then we can discuss different perspectives on the YES/NO... and MAYBE it will lead to someone GETTING A NEW IDEA.

    Plan to post anything else then DON'T POST.

    Jesus Christ.

    LOL. What a fucking joke.

    Honestly... RAISE THE BAR PEOPLE. RAISE THE BAR!!!



    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I live it. No need to remember.


    Excuse me but mainstream religion is a corporation, and does not represent the Divine Mystery anymore than Donald Trump represents an American.

    I am totally bored with debate. I posed a question in this thread, and by posting it I realised the answer after re-reading my post and Andros reply... so all the other posts are moot. I got what I needed to proceed with my work. I don't have a need to debate or convince anyone. People can think what they want. I know what I know.
    Did at any point it maybe come to your mind that you yourself are doing the exact thing you are accusing others doing all the time?

    If you reject all other opinions except of yours and Andro's and don't feel the need to debate with anybody who has an other opinion, because you already know much better, you are only circulating (reverberating) in your own soup again and again.

    Some say Donald T. behaves like this too, when he refuses to discuss with others and doesn't want to acknowledge the hard facts and rather follow his own imaginary ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP
    What good does that do if you can't remember it??? It's as if it never happened.
    This for example is actually a very interesting question, that's worth of further discussion, IMO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    9,187
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Did at any point it maybe come to your mind that you yourself are doing the exact thing you are accusing others doing all the time?
    Did it ever occur to you that you got triggered?



    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    If you reject all other opinions except of yours and Andro's and don't feel the need to debate with anybody who has an other opinion, because you already know much better, you are only circulating (reverberating) in your own soup again and again.
    Are you illiterate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Addendum: If someone can't propose an idea or a perspective that adds to a DISCUSSION... then those people are just VOMITING empty daycare level arguments that lead nowhere or are circular at best. I honestly don't have any patience or time for bullshit anymore. No time to fuck around. If I post something like this for example:

    Can energy be saved or does energy always have to be released? Then I just want a simple YES or a simple NO with reasons why NO. Then we can discuss different perspectives on the YES/NO... and MAYBE it will lead to someone GETTING A NEW IDEA.


    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    This for example is actually a very interesting question, that's worth of further discussion, IMO.
    Maybe it would be in another thread, however JDP assumed I was talking about being in the presence of something in the afterlife... I was talking about being in the presence of something NOW. So his remark was totally off-topic.

    You aiming to be his protégé? LOL.



    I'll just reply in GIFs now. Lower the bar a bit.

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    In that case the quicker way "out" may be "in", as you have written somewhere in another thread.
    That can indeed be Ariadne's thread:



    Quote Originally Posted by Awani
    Can energy be saved or does energy always have to be released? Then I just want a simple YES or a simple NO with reasons why NO. Then we can discuss different perspectives on the YES/NO... and MAYBE it will lead to someone GETTING A NEW IDEA.
    Very good idea!
    But do you really think it's conducive to decide on communicating with GIFs after taking the next breath and throwing my own assumptions from another thread back on me?

    JDP doesn't need to have a protegé IMO. Do you?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    9,187
    Blog Entries
    2


    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,182

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,002

    Last Stand of JDP

    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Maybe it would be in another thread, however JDP assumed I was talking about being in the presence of something in the afterlife... I was talking about being in the presence of something NOW. So his remark was totally off-topic.

    You aiming to be his protégé? LOL.
    And I was indeed talking about life-after-death, more concretely "reincarnation", which IS the subject of this thread, not "now". But that still does not invalidate the point being made: what good is it to you or anyone else to know this "presence of the Divine Mystery" if after you die you will not remember it at all??? It doesn't matter whether you reincarnate as someone/something else or not. If you can't remember it, it's as if it never happened too.

    Survival of consciousness = true immortality and "life after death". Everything else = death & fading into oblivion, no matter how much you try to sugar-coat it. What good will it do you to reincarnate as, say, a Brooklyn street pimp or as the King of Siam if you can't remember who you were before??? For all you know, reincarnation doesn't exist, even if it actually exists, simply because you can't remember your past "incarnations". Your previous consciousness is gone. This is pretty much the same as death without reincarnation. Such a concept of reincarnation is thus futile and self-defeating. It serves no purpose whatsoever. If my current consciousness cannot survive, I couldn't care less if I "reincarnate" or not. What makes me "me" will be gone, and who I am NOW will be "dead", "caput, "finito", gone forever and ever, never to be seen or heard of again. That = death & fade into oblivion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    And I was indeed talking about life-after-death, more concretely "reincarnation", which IS the subject of this thread, not "now". But that still does not invalidate the point being made: what good is it to you or anyone else to know this "presence of the Divine Mystery" if after you die you will not remember it at all??? It doesn't matter whether you reincarnate as someone/something else or not. If you can't remember it, it's as if it never happened too.

    Survival of consciousness = true immortality and "life after death". Everything else = death & fading into oblivion, no matter how much you try to sugar-coat it. What good will it do you to reincarnate as, say, a Brooklyn street pimp or as the King of Siam if you can't remember who you were before??? For all you know, reincarnation doesn't exist, even if it actually exists, simply because you can't remember your past "incarnations". Your previous consciousness is gone. This is pretty much the same as death without reincarnation. Such a concept of reincarnation is thus futile and self-defeating. It serves no purpose whatsoever. If my current consciousness cannot survive, I couldn't care less if I "reincarnate" or not. What makes me "me" will be gone, and who I am NOW will be "dead", "caput, "finito", gone forever and ever, never to be seen or heard of again. That = death & fade into oblivion.
    This may fit to this viewpoint:
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Allen
    “I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying. I don't want to live on in the hearts of my countrymen; I want to live on in my apartment.”

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    9,187
    Blog Entries
    2

    Last Stand of JDP

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    And I was indeed talking about life-after-death, more concretely "reincarnation", which IS the subject of this thread, not "now". But that still does not invalidate the point being made: what good is it to you or anyone else to know this "presence of the Divine Mystery" if after you die you will not remember it at all??? It doesn't matter whether you reincarnate as someone/something else or not. If you can't remember it, it's as if it never happened too.

    Survival of consciousness = true immortality and "life after death". Everything else = death & fading into oblivion, no matter how much you try to sugar-coat it. What good will it do you to reincarnate as, say, a Brooklyn street pimp or as the King of Siam if you can't remember who you were before??? For all you know, reincarnation doesn't exist, even if it actually exists, simply because you can't remember your past "incarnations". Your previous consciousness is gone. This is pretty much the same as death without reincarnation. Such a concept of reincarnation is thus futile and self-defeating. It serves no purpose whatsoever. If my current consciousness cannot survive, I couldn't care less if I "reincarnate" or not. What makes me "me" will be gone, and who I am NOW will be "dead", "caput, "finito", gone forever and ever, never to be seen or heard of again. That = death & fade into oblivion.
    I will not engage any further because there are some many straw man arguments, projected assumptions and utterly incorrect views (when we look at the wisdom already delivered on the topic in many cultures and practices) on the topic that it would be a complete train wreck to write a reply.



    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Allen
    “I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying. I don't want to live on in the hearts of my countrymen; I want to live on in my apartment.”
    While I believe the message has nothing to do with the messenger, in this above instance (since I deem the message incorrect/dumb) I can also point out that the messenger is a gargantuan fuck.

    “I’m open-minded about sex. I’m not above reproach; if anything, I’m below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with 15 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him... I admit to it." - Woody Allen October 4th, 1976 in People Magazine



    Above Woody Allens with his adopted step-daughter and current wife. He has also been accused by his other adopted daughter of "rape" (when she was 7 year old). And don't bother bringing up counter-evidence... there is a mountain of evidence, and of other "weird" behaviour between Woody and very young girls.



    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    You experience this condition during this lifetime. But once it is over, then "your" presumable next human incarnation will leave you at point zero...
    Of course. Otherwise it would be totally pointless. Yet you forget the time between incarnations.There isn't a loss of consciousness going from "this" body into the afterlife... only when returning... but even so not 100 %. I personally have very early memories, echoes, that has guided me in this life.

    As I said before, I know what I know and that is good enough for me. If other people want to know other things, go right ahead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    Reaching Enlightenment (though it is more Western word, I more prefer the term "Liberation", yet again deceitful Westerners at work, closing people's eye on fact that they aren't free, and substituting terms ) is a very long and extremely hard path, and it is extremely hard exactly for that reason, you are constantly pushed to point zero, and if you had good progress in your past life, most likely (due to specific laws), you will have dreadful existence in next life, where you will have to focus on more mundane things (so there could be "equilibrium" between "Upper" and "Lower"), and it usually leads to degradation and "undoing" anything you achieved.
    Why do people keep throwing out "that's a Western blah blah"... "that's a New Age... blah blah..."

    I FUCKING LOATH NEW AGE CUNTS AND THE WEST. They can all suck my asshole.

    My sources are either sacred ancient texts, oral ancient traditions, indigenous cultures and/or direct experiences.

    Jeez...

    TOPIC OF THREAD:
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Question: Is the appearance of people that "feel" they are in the wrong body "proof" that above view is incorrect... after all if you are a higher spirit and choose to be born a "man" then why would you end up in a female body (for instance)?
    I personally feel this has been resolved and we could lock this thread, but let's leave it open if others want to continue for some reason...

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts