Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: The Last Stand of JDP... not?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    306
    IMO -> So finally after all the months of back and forth, you made your rational point of view. If you did this earlier, I must have forgotten... being old has it's moments.... but this post was mostly dispassionate and I liked it.

    It's not that I'm here to judge the quality of your post but in my view you sealed the deal today!

    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    If I go away 100 % the forum will go down the toilet
    The quote above... maybe there's some ego lingering in that statement too The other moderators are quite good. Just sayin...

    Added after seeing FF's post: Looks like both FF and I were thinking the same and posted some of the same sentiments just a few minutes from each other. At least two data points that you hit the nail on the head Awani

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    9,084
    Blog Entries
    2
    I am happy someone understands.

    If JDP gives it all away then great, I have even said this is the way to go... but he has in the past expressed that he will not.

    Like I said I do not have an issue with what anyone else does (well I don't have to, but I seem to)... but I do have to put my foot down if someone is trying to say "someone" elses "direct experience" is wrong... which JDP does constantly not only to me, but to many others. So really that is that.

    Finally there is no ego regarding the forum going down the toilet (although I never claimed to be either enlightened nor without ego... if I was you can bet your ass I would certainly not be online). The other moderators can take care of it fine... I don't have a reason to not think that... however I am not moderator only... I am the only administrator. There is only ONE person with the finger on the button. LOL.

    Not being understood is the story of my life... that's fine... I don't understand anyone anyway. Most of humanity seems, to me, to be a joke. LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    ...you made your rational point of view... this post was mostly dispassionate and I liked it...
    Probably projection since from my perspective I always write rational and passionate. LOL. Also (to me alone probably) most of my posts are funny... something that would be obvious if this was face-to-face rather than written word only. One reason GIFs do have value. The Joker is a significant archetype for me... a kindred spirit, not the violence or mayhem parts... more the "outlook"...

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    You say wealth is toilet paper probably because you never experienced poverty and necessity to work hard to barely survive. Then you'd understand that gold (as in money) opens opportunity to live and get access to otherwise extremely overpriced things, e.g. piece of land (a lot of people don't have that, you can tell them that gold is useless like toilet paper, but they still no place which they could call home). It would also open opportunity to do your thing and not spend 10 hours a day to work for the other and get just enough money for food and paying innumerable taxes.

    Same goes for immortality. When you grow older and realize that all your life opportunities were stolen/destroyed by various life circumstances and your only real close perspective is death without even feeling what does it mean to be happy, what does it mean to have any substantial success at least in one part of life, but your own body starts defying you because of age, and all you want is just more time to try and maybe get success anywhere, but you basically failed at everything and for reasons which don't depend from you, e.g. you were born in poverty and you are ugly and with some defect, which makes you an exile among people, so you are mostly alone in your misery and everything that you attempt ends in vain. If you at least had more life time, so you could actually attempt to take some aspects of life by brute force, e.g. gather enough money to afford extremely overpriced stuff that this world can offer to the "chosen" to fix your problems.

    Understand me right, Awani, I greatly sympathize you and you are very charming, but your point of view is greatly subjective. You have luxury of writing about this while not experiencing poverty, not suffering from old age, not suffering from many other problems. Your mind isn't filled with thoughts "where to get money for food just to survive one more day" or "old age came but I didn't have time for so many things in this life because I basically spent all my [extremely short] life trying to survive".

    It is like if man with huge food plantations and access to water sources said: "Food and water aren't important for life, they are subjective, they are just shit and not needed in this life, if people had peace in their heart they wouldn't need to bother about food and water." He says so to those who live in desert or in heavily urbanized areas where food doesn't grow on trees and river water is too tainted to drink.

    Sometimes I wonder did you really feel unity with something Big, because such unity also brings a lot of sorrow, there is a lot of suffering everywhere around, you feel pain of every little creature, you also feel demonic energies which entangled this world. You also start realizing that poverty, sickness, death - they are pathologies, they are highly unnatural.

    There were wise words of Socrates, which could be formulated like "I know that I really don't know anything". Once you start thinking that you know something, you know how things work, then your path to knowledge ends, because such thinking is usually result of vanity and not of hardship.

    Are you ready to give away all your wealth and go live in some Asian villages near coal mines, where people live like in living hell, illegally selling coal to buyers from nearby city, having to go there daily on foot with heavy coal chunks on you for a few cents, and die in horrible pain because of inhaling various toxic fumes and severe physical exhaustion? Also forget about Internet and how to write or read, it is nigh impossible to do so in those places. Are you ready to tell them that death is OK and money is useless? That life is all good, they just don't know how to be happy?
    Besides all the good reasons you mention, there's also the great intellectual satisfaction that achieving something that is widely deemed as "impossible" gives to the person who succeeds where so many have failed. This is something that folks like "Awani" simply don't seem to get. Making artificial gold and silver is quite more than their monetary value. You are engaging in an activity that relatively few people throughout history have been successful at.

    "Awani" seems to live in a strange private little Utopian universe he has concocted in his mind (and full of paradoxes and contradictions, I may add. For example: why is he wasting time in these forums where many, if not most, people do not quite get or agree with his strange ideas/claims? Why does he even own, or rent, or borrow a computer, which is what allows him to be able to run the forums in the first place?? Does he know that his much despised gold is in fact an important component of these computers that allow him to do these wonderful things??? Why doesn't he just give away all his material possessions and join a hippie commune or a monastery???? If he is so sure that the "afterlife" does exist, then why doesn't he just JUMP DOWN A CLIFF and end his ties to this "shitty" material world we live in so he can join this marvelous "spiritual" world where everything is just peachy????? So many unanswered questions/contradictions!!!!!!!) Reality is very different from it, though. Figuring out how to make gold is a monumental task, both intellectual and physical (since it requires loads of hands-on work), that has seen multitudes of people throughout history fail over and over again, and only relatively few succeed. It is one of the most interesting and fascinating historical pursuits ever. It's like belonging to one very exclusive "club", and becoming part of its "membership" has to be earned, it has to be worked for, not "bought".

    THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE GOLDMAKERS!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    9,084
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Besides...
    Matthew 7:6

    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    The total loss of your beloved ones and your social surrounding. I see that some may be training exactly this when meditating and be prepared when it's time.
    I agree. This is the thing that I fear the most... to loose the connection with my daughter... having a daughter is the only "possession" I have in this life... the only thing I fear to loose... but that is the double edge sword that is love. Although "once" on the other side I suspect it doesn't matter as much... because the love you have for your daughter is the SAME love you should feel for everything.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,002

    JDP Got Banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    No one claims one can make gold with the mind (although I am open to it). You confuse it with TWO differents views on what gold is. You make one kind and I make another.

    I personally don’t give a fuck if anyone makes physical gold day and night. Gold does not have any value to me. It does have value for you. Not for me and many others. And if you indeed can make it why spend time here? Go hang out with your gold bars. Either you feel alone or you want to feed yor ego.

    I personally don’t need to be here anymore. This is Frankenstein’s monster for me. If I go away 100 % the forum will go down the toilet, so really I am simply here to keep the doors open for everyone. And I post when I have something to post, but that is only ego... what I write offline has as much value to me as online (minus debates). It adds nothing to debate... debates require a winner... to win you got to play. Playtime is over. Honestly - based on the ”agenda” and ”outlook - it really does nothing for me personally. Give me a reason, just one... why I should bother... one reason...

    When my first daughter died how much gold would that be worth? Not all the gold that ever existed and will ever exist.

    I am not intrested in ”your” kind of gold. Wealth of that sort is toilet paper. And I am not saying that because I don’t have any gold. I am not saying that because I do not have wealth. Compared to most people in the world I am rich as fuck. I would even guess I am in the 1% in terms of wealth amongst all the people in this forum (mostly due to the fact that I live and grew up in one of the richest countries in the world). Wealth is convenient. But it does not do anything for me in the grand scheme of things. To become rich is easy, all you need is to perform actions. To find peace is a war most people loose. That is why it is called Jihad, it means ”inner war”.

    I have as much evidence for what I am saying as you do for what you are saying. I am not saying you cannot make gold... I am saying: why bother?



    Also if you don’t have the spiritual aspects of alchemy in check then making shitloads of gold will be a curse in disguise. Ye have been warned.

    This thread is about immortality. Stay on topic.

    Ahem! A reminder: it was you who brought up the topic of gold-making (post #81)

    Also: gold-making and "physical immortality" are quite intertwined when you consider the aims of Chinese alchemy.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Matthew 7:6

    That's actually one of the Biblical passages referred to by many alchemists in order to justify their secrecy and not openly teach everyone how to make the Stone and then make loads of gold & silver with it.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    9,084
    Blog Entries
    2
    I'll reply not for JDPs sake, since that's like talking to a wall... but for any "guest" roaming this thread. Also got an hour to kill at work.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    ...the great intellectual satisfaction that achieving something that is widely deemed as "impossible" gives to the person who succeeds where so many have failed...
    Sure... not the angle you've given before... but why not... like I said I don't care if people make gold or not... I don't have an issue with it. But FOR ME it is totally stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    For example: why is he wasting time in these forums where many, if not most, people do not quite get or agree with his strange ideas/claims?
    More agree with me than you think, even more partially agree... and even so I don't need anyone to agree. I am not a guru nor a teacher... only working on myself and trying to form a concept of being in this Mystery. That's all. The forum is 5 % of everything I do... I'm working on a lot of things offline that in part might see the light of day, but for the most part will be kept under wraps. I am sure that goes for many others as well. Maybe I am making shitloads of gold... maybe I am pulling your leg... how can you know?You can't. Nor will you ever.



    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Does he know that his much despised gold...
    Gold is a mineral. I don't have an issue with gold in itself. A gun doesn't kill people, people kill people.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    If he is so sure that the "afterlife" does exist, then why doesn't he just JUMP DOWN A CLIFF and end his ties to this "shitty" material world we live in so he can join this marvelous "spiritual" world where everything is just peachy?????
    Why the hell would I leave the cinema before the movie ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    So many unanswered questions/contradictions!!!!!!!
    Indeed. The Mystery is a paradox... and those that move into the attitudes and ideas that interest me NEED to walk the liminal ridge or risk going INSANE.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    It's like belonging to one very exclusive "club"...
    No thanks.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    9,084
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    THE PROUD
    Jeremiah 9:23

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,151
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP
    Figuring out how to make gold is a monumental task, both intellectual and physical (since it requires loads of hands-on work), that has seen multitudes of people throughout history fail over and over again, and only relatively few succeed.
    Yes, I can comprehend that too. Though it's as well "knowledge for the sake of knowledge".

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP
    It's like belonging to one very exclusive "club"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani
    No thanks.
    Awani if you are honest with yourself, you are already a member of several exclusive clubs and I don't think you have to brood long to see which they are. Even if you start with and don't let count your family.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    9,084
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Awani if you are honest with yourself, you are already a member of several exclusive clubs and I don't think you have to brood long to see which they are. Even if you start with and don't let count your family.
    Semantics... Although an exclusive club of PROUD and FEW GOLDMAKERS = sounds like the beginning of a baby rape orgy party with Eyes Wide Shut masks...

    The Joker works alone.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts