Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matsés Traditional Medicine Encyclopedia

Blog Entries

Matsés Traditional Medicine Encyclopedia

Personally, I’m glad to see their knowledge will be preserved, even if I can’t read it haha. Their encyclopedia is 500 pages. The average length of some of the western Materia Medica I’m familiar with are only around 250 pages.

Excerpt from the Article:

The Matsés Traditional Medicine Encyclopedia marks the first time shamans of an Amazonian tribe have created a full and complete transcription of their medicinal knowledge written in their own language and words,” Christopher Herndon, president and co-founder of Acaté, told Mongabay in an interview (in full below).
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

That is great. So much of the world's knowledge is lost, simply because we weren't the ones to live there and experience it with them. I hope they can translate it into English for people like me.

However, the encyclopedia alone is insufficient to maintain their self-sufficiency as their healing systems are based on experience that can only be transmitted through long apprenticeships. Sadly, due to outside influences, when we started the project none of the elders had apprentices.
    Just like that. Such a shame as there is so much I'd love to know (and not just them but many traditions world over) that was never recorded.
    If you have to ask you'll never know; if you know, you need only ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapis Solaris View Post
    That is great. So much of the world's knowledge is lost, simply because we weren't the ones to live there and experience it with them. I hope they can translate it into English for people like me.

Just like that. Such a shame as there is so much I'd love to know (and not just them but many traditions world over) that was never recorded.
    Many Traditions still have their representatives living in various secluded places. It is harder and harder to find them nowadays (a lot of authentic Traditions are dying about and replaced by their modern substitutions with same name), but still it is possible. Just need to not give up

Blog Entries
    I’ve been following this project since the beginning and loving it.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread