Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Heated Debate Over the Dew & Salt Method (philowar)

"Selected Chemical Universal and Particular Processes" of Baron Von RUESENSTEIN.
    It is in the RAMS library.

Thank you Green Lion,you are of great help.
    Luckily i have a treaty, i will read Baron Von RUESENSTEIN more carefully now.

See you soon.

There is another text, very rare.
    Its title :
    "La fin des ouvrages de Bazille Valentin et de Théophraste Paracelse" by an Adept.
    It deals with dew and salt.
    I just have a part of this book, not the all text.

I never heard of this book before but i will try to find it somehow.If i suceed i will let you know.

>Green Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lion View Post
    Frederico Gualdus speaks on that subject in a treaty, without describing the whole process.
    Do you mean "Gualdus: Revelation of the True Chemical Wisdom"?

No, it is not this text.
    Rusenstein wrote a treaty with discussion between six adepts.
    One of this Adepts was Gualdus.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lion View Post
    No, it is not this text.
    Rusenstein wrote a treaty with discussion between six adepts.
    One of this Adepts was Gualdus.
    Thx a lot 4 info.
    This team of adepts was really experienced, they produced it even from feces or cemetery earth !
    So, lets study this labyrinth again. I should believe G. Meyrink b4 years.

NOTE: I think that my translation of "STERCORE HUMANO" was more exact than this censorship of mine post by admin. I really hate this newspeak and all this "correct" activities around.
    Last edited by horticult; 04-03-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: trespassing

Quote Originally Posted by horticult View Post
    Yes, that was intented by my question. I suppose that 'water of the clouds' and 'heavenly dew' "has little in common with ordinary water", and my question is: Are these 2 equal?
    Water of the clouds is simply water. It does not matter at all where it is gathered, because if that was important then surely Philosophers would have said 'water of the clouds that has fallen out of the sky' since it would practically be impossible to gather it fresh from the clouds in ancient times.

I referred to the following sentence, but omitted it since it contained an insult: "But fools, hearing of water, think that this is water of the clouds. Had they read our books they would know that it is permanent water, which cannot become permanent without its companion, wherewith it is made one. But this is the water which the Philosophers have called Water of Gold, the Igneous, Good Venom, and that Sand of Many Names which Hermes ordered to be washed frequently, so that the blackness of the Sun might be removed, which he introduced in the solution of the body."

What it means is that the Water the Philosophers refer to can never form clouds in the sky. I would thus not consider water of the clouds equal or even similar to heavenly dew, since I assume the heavenly dew to correspond with Mercury. Only that which has a redeeming principle can be considered heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by True Puffer View Post
    Ahh, yes you are right.
    It seems even that the rain is better(much more powerfull) than dew in this respect...

Yes, only the rain corresponds with these descriptions to the full extent.
    Those are not my words. Does the following sentence from the Emerald Tablet make any sense in the above context: "Earth must be separated from fire"?

That's a trouble with alchemical text!They leave too much room for guessing.

+ Reply to Thread