Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do Not Use Electric Heat!

Do Not Use Electric Heat!

I have done alot of labwork and my research has shown that electric heating hurts philosophical processes. with gas flames i can get putrification with 120v elements nothing.
    I think it has to do with the magnetic fields that are created siphoning away the mercury. possible workarounds are using caudacus coil nichrome wire or having the heat further away from the subject.

I want to start spagyric work in spring and wondered about the validity of using electric heat. And you post this! Sophia moves in mysterious ways.

I think that electicity doesn't matter for calcination. Any thought about this anyone?

I have a friend that uses electric heat to extract his Mercury from his material. Also uses electric heat for digestion. He claims it works for him. I haven't confirmed it though.

Blog Entries
    Care to post some specific examples of experiments that worked with non-electronic heat but didn't with electronic? Possibly with temperature measurements?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    I have a friend that uses electric heat to extract his Mercury from his material. Also uses electric heat for digestion. He claims it works for him. I haven't confirmed it though.
    A bit late, but I've used electric heat for digestion so far. Nothing fancy, just one of those ubiquitous textile heating pads, with a bit of insulation. Reaches about 40 degrees C with good consistency.
    If magnetic interference posed a problem in various works, small heating pads shouldn't have any effect except on the most delicate of processes.

Then again, I'll avoid using stronger electric heating in the future, until I have a good enough understanding to discern the extent of magnetism's effects in a larger-scale experiment.

+ Reply to Thread