Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A New Method has been discovered

Thanks Elixir Mixer . Does the Quintessence assume a color or change in viscosity when the Essential Oil is united with the Salt? This sounds like a fun experiment.

Blog Entries
    Yes it has its own particular colour. In my case, i was using gum turpentine (pine tree essential oil) and I got an orange-red layer in between the yellow and transparent layers of oil and water/ethanol.

You can tell there has been a union, because while the new layer has turpentine like properties, it has a colour change and comes up as very alkali under a pH test.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Wow thanks! I just need to get my hands on some essential oil and I will give this a shot. I will probably start on a small scale at first, essential oils can be expensive sometimes.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 01-11-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I will probably start on a small scale at first, essential oils can be expensive sometimes.
    Good idea, that's why I used gum turpentine, because it is much cheaper. Another alternative is eucalyptus. That's always cheap.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    EM have you tried this with a stronger ethanol? It seems like the water in this recipe is super important to the process, and thus using an absolute would be a failure point. I find it rather presumptuous to think that the quintessence can be extracted in this manner, but then some things become very simple quickly with experience.

About this quintessence. Do you think this is determined to the species the oil is drawn from, as you seem to indicate?

Blog Entries
    Well, i shouldnt be using words like "quintessence" since im a pretty shitty alchemist.

It is a way of extracting some red liquid from the essential oil. However, yes, the water is required in this experiment and absolute ethanol would not perform this type of extraction.

As usual, after experiencing a feeling of alchemical success im currently feeling the lows of alchemical failure today. Im quite lost in the whole thing and spagyrics and alchemy have thus far been far more of a curse than a blessing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Well, i shouldnt be using words like "quintessence" since im a pretty shitty alchemist.

It is a way of extracting some red liquid from the essential oil. However, yes, the water is required in this experiment and absolute ethanol would not perform this type of extraction.

As usual, after experiencing a feeling of alchemical success im currently feeling the lows of alchemical failure today. Im quite lost in the whole thing and spagyrics and alchemy have thus far been far more of a curse than a blessing.
    Cheer up. As far as I know, nobody on this forum has the PS. It's not a ten minute recipe, it's a life's pursuit. I have to tell myself something similar when my house isn't coming along as fast as I like. It's a small home, but I'm doing it all myself and it's going to take some time, more time than I thought. I'm almost to the "livable" point now, but there's still tons to do.

Blog Entries
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

+ Reply to Thread