Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did the practice of burning incense in ritual prayer include the use of DMT?

Did the practice of burning incense in ritual prayer include the use of DMT?

It is mentioned in Exodus 30:1-10

"You shall make an altar to burn incense upon; of acacia wood shall you make it . . . And Aaron shall burn fragrant incense on it; every morning when he dresses the lamps he shall burn it, and when Aaron sets up the lamps in the evening, he shall burn it, a perpetual incense before the Lord throughout your generations."

Acacia is a common source of DMT.

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    Aaron was a Prophet... Moses didn't like to talk before a crowd so Aaron did his dirty work... or as I suspect they "both" had "prophetic" experiences.

From Rick Strassmans book: DMT and the Soul of Prophecy:

The Hebrew Bible defines the prophetic experience as the highest spiritual experience humans may attain. It consists of communicating with God and/or God’s angels. In a prophetic state one hears voices, sees visions, feels extraordinary emotions and physical sensations, and realizes novel and valuable insights of either a personal or collective nature. This definition of prophecy is much broader than the conventional one of foretelling or predicting. Prediction may occur in prophecy, but not always or even frequently. And one may accurately predict without having recourse to prophecy.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    The Bible Bunch apparently made a lot of stuff from this wood, even the crossbars of the tabernacle (Ex 26). There is no mention of preparing/smoking the actual wood in the bible, neither is there any mention of it in the more hardcore kabbalistic lore (at least not in the lineages I have encountered). They DO love their pot, though. I worked with some kaballistic type orthodox jews many years ago, and they were almost constantly doping. Some claimed one cannot understand the Book of Zohar without being high on cannabis, almost as the book and the plant are in some sort of chemical/quantum entanglement... And it's not an isolated case ... Also, Cannabis sounds very similar to Kaneh Bosem. Also, kaballistic magic is generally less plant-based (except for pot) and works more with letter and word magic, fueled by the ecstasy of group prayer - at least 10 people - AND pot

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Aaron was a Prophet... Moses didn't like to talk before a crowd so Aaron did his dirty work... or as I suspect they "both" had "prophetic" experiences.
    From Rick Strassmans book: DMT and the Soul of Prophecy
    It's possible that the stuff was reserved for the "prophets" only. I can only talk about the non-prophets ...

Also, IF indeed the whole jehova-centered aharonic/mosaic legislation was induced by this plant... Hmm... No comment ...

Blog Entries
    I also think cannabis is the main "drug"... however it is impossible to know. There is a lot of "evidence" in the book I mentioned earlier, and Strassman can also read Hebrew so he has re-translated the text instead of using the errors of the KJV etc. Like for example "fear of God" is really more like "awe of God" etc.

Strassman is however implying in his book that it is more probable that the prophets experienced internal DMT rather than external. Although I do not rule out the use of external DMT in terms of smoking and breathing at the altar (with Acacia) as well as the burnining Acacia bush... but there is no evidence yet... manna is another "substance".

Also perhaps this perspective:

Holy Incense

Exodus 30:34 And the Lord said unto Moses, "Take unto thee sweet spices: stacte and onycha and galbanum; these sweet spices with pure frankincense, of each shall there be a like weight".

Exodus 30:37. "And as for the perfume which thou shalt make, ye shall not make it for yourselves according to the composition thereof; it shall be unto thee holy for the Lord."

Galbanum contains 3-pinene which is a gaba agonist. Inhalation would cause anti-anxiety effects which would cause similar effects as Xanax or alcohol.

Frankincense is an incense that contains a chemical called incensole acetate. It causes a decrease in anxiety and has synergism with Galbanum. It is a gaba agonist with similar effects as alcohol or xanax.

This incense would be a relaxant and would lower anxiety. The large plums of smoke would make it easy to be affected by its composition. The bible said for the Holy incense to never stop burning making it seem that they used large amounts of materials. This would make people always around it adhere to their duties due to the feedback the Holy Incense causes. - source
    Biggest clue is still in the concept of prophecy: In a prophetic state one hears voices, sees visions, feels extraordinary emotions and physical sensations, and realizes novel and valuable insights of either a personal or collective nature.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    slightly relevant, i just watched a doco the other day in which some tree expert has been analyzing hyroglyphics in egypt and has identified the tree that they refered to as "the tree of life"

The egyptian tree of life is the acasia tree.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Google Osiris + Acacia. There is more, but you can find your own way down the rabbit hole...

Blog Entries
    im adding those seeds to the dmt garden.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    The Bible Bunch apparently made a lot of stuff from this wood, even the crossbars of the tabernacle (Ex 26). There is no mention of preparing/smoking the actual wood in the bible, neither is there any mention of it in the more hardcore kabbalistic lore (at least not in the lineages I have encountered). They DO love their pot, though. I worked with some kaballistic type orthodox jews many years ago, and they were almost constantly doping. Some claimed one cannot understand the Book of Zohar without being high on cannabis, almost as the book and the plant are in some sort of chemical/quantum entanglement... And it's not an isolated case ... Also, Cannabis sounds very similar to Kaneh Bosem. Also, kaballistic magic is generally less plant-based (except for pot) and works more with letter and word magic, fueled by the ecstasy of group prayer - at least 10 people - AND pot

It's possible that the stuff was reserved for the "prophets" only. I can only talk about the non-prophets ...

Also, IF indeed the whole jehova-centered aharonic/mosaic legislation was induced by this plant... Hmm... No comment ...
    This is accurate.
    The DMT thesis can only be supported by speculations (which does not mean that is impossible or false, but if someone wants to see any clear evidence, there is none).
    Other than that, the Acacia tree is obviously one of the main symbols of Freemasonry (which is, of course, heavily based on the Old Testament).
    Finally: the Acacia has many properties which are unrelated to the DMT:
    -It can grow in places where almost no other tree can grow.
    -It is a perennial tree. Its wood is very hard and it is a marvelous building material because it takes really long times to get deteriorated/rotten (All these ideas are linked to the idea of immortality).
    -It is, of course, a wood that gives a nice smell when it is burnt.

A lot of "important" things were built with Acacia according to the Torah... which is not so surprising (It is hard, it can endure the test of time... and it was linked with the idea of immortality, a tradition that precedes the Jewish religion -i.e: http://www.piney.com/DocEgTaleTwo.html ).

The DMT speculation is impossible to demonstrate (which doesn't make it false, but it won't make it true either... simply impossible to verify). Though some other things make sense. i.e, if the cannabis plant was so important, then why there are no mentions of "important things" built with its wood? It's not very hard to guess it, it is obviously a very bad building material.

... and, yes, the kaballistic theurgy is not really based on plants, I can't think of any important kaballistic text that gives any importance to plants... in the same way that it's possible to say that the alchemical tradition is not really based on the clothes that the practitioner is wearing (I can't remember any alchemical book that gets obsessed with the clothes that a person should wear to practice X thing).

Blog Entries
    a lot of the new moon festivals of the jewish people did revolve around foods.

we have the whole unleavened bread thing. then theres another festivals where they act exclusively apples and pomegranates with honey, the thanks giving offering was corn.. ect... i believe the sacredness of tree resins has been mentioned already.

might be worth knowing that the specific acacia mentioned here was also known as acasica arabica and is where they source gum arabica, still used in foods today.

+ Reply to Thread