Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Old vs. New Testament

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    what happens when the abrahamic rug is pulled away.
    What happens is one gets the fragmented understanding that's so typical to scientism. Instead of subtracting the abrahamic, it would be wiser to also include "older" origins - Babylonian, Sumerian, Egyptian, etc... The Egyptian attempts at monotheism are particularly interesting... Do that and you get the classical marketing strategy of corporate re-structuring, re-branding and consumer-group targeting. Just like the "old empires" never really went away... They just got restructured, rebranded and periodically re-adapted.

The idea of government is not the same as the government, no more than the idea of a child will match what the child is.
    It may not be the same in theory, which is the preferred area of academics. But what unfolds in the actual marketplace-drama is what ultimately matters. Ideas are useless to study when separated from their manifestation/application. The test is in the pudding, so to speak. The essence of an idea is only truly/fully embodied in the "Earth", where it can be studied as a whole, in its applied habitat - and not as mere academic musings.

Blog Entries
    NT is basically a New Age handbook (don’t mean that in a derogatory way). Any origin religion of interest has to be an offspring of shamanism or pagan traditions... any other religion or tradition that grew out of the paternal-styled cultures is not interesting although worth keeping track of... at least if a specific study is done.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    The difference is I'm not making a fucking religion out of it and tell people how to live their lives.
    As we are living in the same country, I thought you would know that none of the two major churches are telling people how to live their lives anymore here. Their advices are of course biased. So are the advices of anyone you ask on any topic.

The christian religion is still very present in western society. Even with those who deny it with their hands and feet. This unconciously and inevitabely concerns matters of behaviour and speech/language.

Christianity-bashing is boring and outdated imo.
    It's as useless as any easy answer. Instead of fighting it, how about harmonizing yourself with your own christian opposite like you suggested to do in another thread? Could be worth a try.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    none of the two major churches are telling people how to live their lives anymore here.
    They don't have to. After so many generations of programming, it's pretty much hardwired already. See your own quote below, in which you're only further strengthening my point:

The christian religion is still very present in western society. Even with those who deny it with their hands and feet. This unconsciously and inevitably concerns matters of behaviour and speech/language.

Christianity-bashing is boring and outdated imo.
    Gay bashing (physical or verbal) is even older. And even more outdated. And it's only "boring" if it doesn't happen to you directly. If you had to deal with it personally, I assure you, it's not boring at all. Know what? I'll make you a deal: When ALL gay-condemning religions make a public statement that homosexuality is perfectly normal and a natural occurrence in humans, I may consider giving them a break. NOT before.

how about harmonizing yourself with your own christian opposite
    Maybe I would, if I had one. Opposites can be merged, but superfluities need to be removed.

Also, my posts are not exclusively about christianity, but about ALL organized religions (I have mentioned some of them in previous posts).

Blog Entries
    NT is basically a New Age handbook (don’t mean that in a derogatory way). Any origin religion of interest has to be an offspring of shamanism or pagan traditions... any other religion or tradition that grew out of the paternal-styled cultures is not interesting although worth keeping track of... at least if a specific study is done.
    Many Neo-Pagans are very nationalistic/xenophobic and homophobic. Same with many Neo-Wiccans (however, there are quite a lot of lesbian covens). Tibetan Buddhists (I met a few) also have their share of silly prejudices. About traditional native/indigenous Shamanic lineages (the few that I know of), I have not yet encountered such dogmatic prejudice, but the night is still young

Blog Entries
    If any homophobia exist amongst the contemporary indigenous of Central Africa and Latin America it is most probable a heritage of the Catholic Church (they forced their religion on them using death threats). The advantage indigenous cultures have on most other cultures is that it is ORAL... meaning that dogmatic laws are not set in stone... they experience, worship and follow their relationship with the natural world instead of the words of some person long ago. I am sure there are cases of homophobia, but based on what I have see, and read so far, it is really not done in a systematic manner (which makes it totally different, since individuals can feel what they like... I mean people can be homophobes in the privacy of their own homes...) and if we look at the ancient world homosexuality was pretty much accepted. Even in Biblical times. Jesus was, if not a homosexual, at least bi... from my perspective he was practically preaching pan-sexuality.

I honestly do not think that any of the major religions are homophobic when it concerns their origin text or core message (speculative feeling on my part and not fact).

For instance the famous Leviticus 18:22:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
    If you study and understand the linguistics and history of the Hebrew language (which I do not) the phrase can actually be translated into the following:

Sexual intercourse with a close male relative should be just as abominable to you as incestuous relationships with female relatives. - source
    In other words it is actually pro-gay, because they take the time to point out that "no, it is still incest even if it is a man"... as if having sex with men was not even considered incest, as they were doing it so much... LOL

You might enjoy this: Queer Bible Hermeneutics

Last edited by Awani; 01-19-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    the phrase can actually be translated into the following:
    Sexual intercourse with a close male relative should be just as abominable to you as incestuous relationships with female relatives. - source
    Actually... no.

The Hebrew text mentions NOTHING about "relatives". It's very explicit: "you shall not "lie" with a male as you lie with woman". It's apparently addressed to males only.

Finally, as it's said, "a tree is known by its fruit". Look at the "fruits" of all three abrahamic religions if you want to "know" them.

Yes, please know those religions. BIBLICALLY

--------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 01-19-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Look at the "fruits" of all three abrahamic religions if you want to "know" them.
    By fruit are you talking about later societies and/or the people that read/spread those texts?

My only interest in sacred texts lies in the parts where humans touch the Mystery. I am not concerned with the politics, nor with the messenger. Both are irrelevant from my perspective. From this outlook the only "fruit" the Bible gives birth to is whatever I gain from it. That's it.

Blog Entries
    the only "fruit" the Bible gives birth to is whatever I gain from it.
    Same here.

Isn't this ironic... Don't you think?

Blog Entries
    And what exactly are "some of you christians" privy to?
    That Christianity is a lie.

When contemplating these abrahamic religions we must consider, that the way that it has been presented to the masses is in fact, nonfactual, has many parts of these traditions missing, is out of context without any real effort to bride that gap, and all in all very deceptive.

However, if we were to go back all those years and hang out with say, Jesus, I think you would find that there was a lot more going on in their traditions than what the bible shares with us.

Such as kabballah and other self-empowering energetic techniques that are so conveniently removed from the 66 book canon that we call the bible.

A read of the book Pistis Sophia is a great way to open the eyes to some of the less known (and understood) beliefs of Christ and His buddies #THUGLIFE
    Weeks of coding can save hours of planning.

+ Reply to Thread