Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: YouTube Strategies

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    There seems to be an imbalance in many ways when you look at "work/life" relationship in general.
    There's a way around this. What I do is make sure that my work never FEELS like work.

The moment is starts feeling like "work", I'm already searching for new avenues.

I quit doing music productions when it started feeling like work (for example).

Blog Entries
    For example my translations here and elsewhere on this forums are free.
    And I'm sure they are much appreciated by many who read this forum (members or not). What goes around comes around, often in UN-expected (but not necessary positive ) ways. One thing I have noticed here is that some of my MOST revealing posts/contributions have gone largely unnoticed. I personally find it amusing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Andro
    There's a way around this. What I do is make sure that my work never FEELS like work.

The moment is starts feeling like "work", I'm already searching for new avenues.

I quit doing music productions when it started feeling like work (for example).
    There's more than one flip side of this (if that's possible to say in such a dualistic way) imo. One is that work can successfully and profitably (for yourself) get you out of your comfort zone. Sometimes a certain pressure is actually needed..
    The other thing I have in mind here is for what example some zen schools say about (boring) work (repeat obviously boring actions again and again to achieve a deeper inner understanding -whatever that might be).

of my MOST revealing posts/contributions have gone largely unnoticed. I personally find it amusing
    You seem to be a sophisticated cabbalist ;-)

Mostly Cubase (by Steinberg ).

I've also worked with ProTools, but I found Cubase to be more friendly with sample libraries & converting them to Audio (Native Instruments, etc...)
    You might want to have a look at Ableton Live too, especially when mostly working with samples. But it is very comfortable to do hard disk recording too. It comes with full VST(i) support. But I guess it's mostly a habituation thing which one one prefers.

Blog Entries
    There's more than one flip side of this (if that's possible to say in such a dualistic way) imo. One is that work can successfully and profitable (for yourself) get you out of your comfort zone. Sometimes a certain pressure is actually needed...
    The other thing I have in mind here is for what example some zen schools say about (boring) work (repeat obviously boring actions again and again to achieve a deeper inner understanding -whatever that might be).
    Works for me. And it can be "boring" or "challenging" sometimes, and STILL not feel like "work".

You seem to be a sophisticated cabbalist ;-)
    Not at all. I'm talking about very explicit stuff. I think those who read this stuff may be the "sophisticated cabbalists" and miss the obvious while searching for hidden messages that aren't there

You might want to have a look at Ableton Live too, especially when mostly working with samples.
    If this would still be my line of work, Ableton live lacks all the features I need for a large scale production. I've tested quote a few programs over the years and settled on Cubase because it was most suitable for my needs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Just watched PewDiePie. Must Subscribe.
    Then my work is done.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread