Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Alchemy & Food

Blog Entries
    Another point I want to offer for consideration:

Fermentation may preserve Charge.

Let's look to our grandparents (especially in temperate and colder climates). Preserving meat in salt for winter... Fermenting veggies... Also, let's not forget Wine! Grape skins are like solar batteries, and fermenting them into wine actually preserves the charge. That's why some wines are so expensive and often named after regions (= quality of soil, environment and UV index, among other factors). Look at the Mediterranean diet and the "French Paradox", with their wine snobbery and stinking cheese ... Etc...

That's right. I absolutely agree with your regional/seasonal nutrition suggestion. Now I think I got what you mean with sun radiation and it's accumulation in food/humans of the environment. Interesting theory.

And according to this theory, we who are living in tempered/colder climates should be living on fermented/conserved food (almost) only in winter. There is not growing much outside these months. Be it cheese, fruits, vegetables or sausages. But then you probably would have other problems because of the (problematic) additional substances they put in to get better conservation results.
    One would need to do everything on his own (a phrase sometimes attributed to the alchemical process as well).

That means: cheese-making, fermenting fruits/veggies and slaughtering animals.

Blog Entries
    In my household, we're fermenting our own stuff as much as possible. And half a glass/a glass of wine almost every evening, especially in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    And according to this theory, we who are living in tempered/colder climates should be living on fermented/conserved food (almost) only in winter. There is not growing much outside these months. Be it cheese, fruits, vegetables or sausages. But then you probably would have other problems because of the (problematic) additional substances they put in to get better conservation results.
    One would need to do everything on his own (a phrase sometimes attributed to the alchemical process as well).

That means: cheese-making, fermenting fruits/veggies and slaughtering animals.

Blog Entries
    And according to this theory, we who are living in tempered/colder climates should be living on fermented/conserved food (almost) only in winter.
    That, or MOVE! (relocate )

And if not moving, get enough sun on our eyes and skin during the sunnier months, so our vitamin D and hormone production can last enough for winter. OR take a vacation every winter in a warm sunny location. Many Northern Europeans do this. In the South of Gran Canaria (the more "touristy" area), menus and other info is presented in German, Dutch, English and lastly, Spanish And when we walked down one of the "food streets", almost all local restaurant owners addressed us in German

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    That, or MOVE! (relocate )

And if not moving, get enough sun on our eyes and skin during the sunnier months, so our vitamin D and hormone production can last enough for winter. OR take a vacation every winter in a warm sunny location. Many Northern Europeans do this. In the South of Gran Canaria (the more "touristy" area), menus and other info is presented in German, Dutch, English and lastly, Spanish And when we walked down one of the "food streets", almost all local restaurant owners addressed us in German

Hurray!
    Thanks to globalization we don't have to deal with interesting foreign cultures!

Blog Entries
    Hurray!
    Thanks to globalization we don't have to deal with interesting foreign cultures!
    For me, it's mostly between the Canaries and Hawaii (climate & astrological compatibility). Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) is a far third.

But the Canaries are easier immigration-wise for me, as long as the EU doesn't fall apart

For now, I'll settle for the FKK Beach near Berlin... (warning, some regular naked people on the beach in the picture!)

BTW, isn't wine already a violation of your nutrition habit, as it really doesn't grow sufficiently well for making wine out of it where you live? To be more in harmony with your latitude you should rather produce and consume beer. That drink has a strong alchemical relationship too (see for example the Triumphal Chariot by Basil Valentine and the brewer's star).

Blog Entries
    BTW, isn't wine already a violation of your nutrition habit, as it really doesn't grow sufficiently well for making wine out of it where you live?
    That's the beauty about wine. It preserves charge and can be obtained from anywhere (anywhere that makes good wine, I should hope).

It doesn't have to be local or in season, and it can be stored AND keep its value/charge for a quite a while...

And if the wine cellar (wish I had one) receives the natural currents arising from the Earth (especially at night), it "charges" even more.

Are you starting to connect the dots?

Ultimately we extract Life Force from the food we eat. You could call it Spiritus Mundi. First the body needs to replace broken and neutralized molecules to keep the electrons flowing charging tone into the body. The electrons give off light that is coherent in the CNS firing the Mind's Celestial Theater. Personally I take about two tablespoons a day of Canadian cold pressed hempseed oil.

https://www.alchemylab.com/seeds_of_a_new_gold.htm

Elixirmixer, just put the lid on the pot and the essential oils will drop back down into the food in the saute. That is the same as a blind head circulation in the lab. Don't burn the "flowers" (aroma) finesse it with gentle heating.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    That's the beauty about wine. It preserves charge and can be obtained from anywhere (anywhere that makes good wine, I should hope).

It doesn't have to be local or in season, and it can be stored AND keep its value/charge for a quite a while...

And if the wine cellar (wish I had one) receives the natural currents arising from the Earth (especially at night), it "charges" even more.

Are you starting to connect the dots?
    Think so. May I try?

In a more "fixed" or scientific way of seeing it, grapes need/can stand a relatively high amount of energy from the sun. This energy is stored in carbohydrates (sugar). The grapes would rod in the winter unless they are preserved via fermentation. The more the necessity of sun energy, the more sugar, the stronger the wine.

There would be no big difference if you would do it with bananas, because for them count the same, or even more as for grapes.

Keeping it in the dark prevents the ingredients from untertaking chemical reactions that would diminish the quality of the wine and at the same time support reactions to increase the quality.

I guess not everything you have in mind can be described chemically. But those are some of the connecting dots I see.

Like (I think) I know you, similar things count for Lull's wine too. But here neither alcohol, nor sugar, nor grapes, nor the regular sun is necessary.

+ Reply to Thread