Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Germany

Blog Entries

Moving to Germany

Hey, i'm thinking about moving to Germany but have no real idea to start.
    Anyone live in Germany ? maybe a bit of advice on the best part to live ?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Hi,

I live in Berlin.

Do you have a EU passport? Which one, if I may ask?

Actually, I think Germany is one of the easiest countries to relocate to in the EU (IF you have a EU passport!).

You just register your arrival with the citizen authorities (Bürgeramt) at the location of your initial address (best within weeks of arrival), and you get a paper (Anmeldebescheinigung) that makes you legally a resident in Germany, effective immediately. You only need an address, and it can be a temporary one which you can always change later by re-reporting to the Bürgeramt. When you find/rent a more "permanent" place/address, you go again to the Bürgeramt at the new location and report the new address, and you get a new paper. You will need this Anmeldebescheinigung as proof of residence to open a bank account. It's nice if you have some money set aside, as finding a place to rent can be sometimes challenging in the bigger cities. The landlords will usually ask for the last three payslips, but some landlords may also be happy with a fat number in your bank account

At some point (the earlier the better), you will also have to register with the German health insurance, which is either the public "legal" one (there is a choice of providers, such as TK) or quite a few private providers, which I personally don't recommend. But it's technically illegal not to have German health insurance as a resident, although no one will come knocking at your door to check.

If you don't speak German at all, make sure you find a friend who does, to accompany you to all official appointments and when signing a rent contract (Mietvertrag), because some rent contracts can have some hidden "catches" in them...

What kind place do you have in mind for relocation? What are you looking for in your next place of residence? City? Village? More traditional? More cosmopolitan? And why would you want to move to Germany, if I may ask?

Forgot to mention, when you first register with the authorities (Bürgeramt) you also get a personal identification number (Persönliche Identifikationsnummer), which is like a German ID number for social, tax and whatever other purposes. Save this number!

I've helped a few people in the past with this process, and I myself have been living in different countries in my life, so I got to become somewhat acquainted with the various bureaucracies in the countries I lived in

This may be a good multilingual resource:

https://www.sympat.me/online-anmeldung-register-germany/
    Last edited by Andro; 01-29-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    I was watching Trench 11, and the german soldier guy said that german food sucks, but the guy was also a bad guy in the movie so lets not take his word for it.

best place to live is downtown; cause of the girls; but ive never been to germany, and i don't know what german girls look like so, best of luck

Blog Entries
    What country are you in now?

As for best place depends on what you mean. Excellent nature or a vibrant city?

I lived in Frankfurt for a few months. It was alright. Visited Berlin a few times and been all over Germany, but Andro would know better in terms of details.

My advice would be to move to an area that is good train distance to Holland, Denmark and France, that way you have Plan B options.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

The state of Mecklenburg-West Pomerania is very cheap at the moment (I heard about hillariously low prices for land and property) and has an interesting landscape. It has some of the most famous tourist spots. The population density is decreasing there (that's why it is so cheap), so it can be "culturally challenging".

Blog Entries
    Do you have a EU passport? Which one, if I may ask?
    UK passport

What kind place do you have in mind for relocation?
    No idea. I'm practically a ghost. No drivers license, not registered at any GP, not on the electoral register,
    No fixed address, no social media presence, no CV, and one old bank account.
    I would just live in a cave but you can't really do that in the UK and survive.

And why would you want to move to Germany, if I may ask?
    Don't know, trying to start a life somewhere, seemed quite nice.

What country are you in now?
    The UK, a country obsessed with baking things.

I want to start a new life, and in the UK its getting hard to do that.
    I would love to live off grid like your shamans. Not so easy as one might think.

Blog Entries
    I would just live in a cave but you can't really do that in the UK and survive.
    boy you and me both. come to canada, we got plenty of room!

Blog Entries
    boy you and me both. come to canada, we got plenty of room!
    My ideal would be a cave near a mountain with fresh water springs, not to cold climate so i could work the land.
    No taxman knows i exist, no one can push me out of my cave because i didn't hand them enough stacks of paper.
    I'll pick fruit, eat bark and nettles if i have to. Free and living everyday, not just at the weekends.

Blog Entries
    Not sure if the EU or specifically Germany is ideal for living off-grid in a cave like you wish... Maybe check out the area that Florius mentioned? But is gets cold, and not THAT much fruit to pick off the trees...

Why not Mexico/Peru/Ecuador/Colombia/Costa Rica? Why not India or Sri-Lanka? Or any "2nd World" country? Tropical/Equatorial? I heard that hermit cave living is quite culturally acceptable in India.

BTW, in Germany they also like to bake things

Blog Entries
    If you do not mind winter north of Sweden is cheap as fuck. And safe unlike Latin America + no need to learn language. The older I get the more I love nature in the winter time. Off the grid generally easier in corrupt regions i.e. East Europe, Latin America and Africa.

Note: all countries are corrupt, but some in different ways.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread