Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Germany

Blog Entries
    Not sure if the EU or specifically Germany is ideal for living off-grid in a cave like you wish.
    Just a start really. A change of scene. I thought it was relatively easier to work and live in Germany.
    I'd like to visit you, maybe find a path there. I write music, is that easier to earn from it over there?.

Why not India or Sri-Lanka? Or any "2nd World" country? Tropical/Equatorial? I heard that hermit cave living is quite culturally acceptable in India.
    Yer you would think. I did.
    Its very difficult without guidance you can very easily die.
    If you don't know locals have no contacts can't speak Tamil, which is a son of a bitch to learn.
    It's very hard.
    Finding an authentic hermit who will teach you is difficult.
    I really tried, spent thousands.

I had success finding and learning spiritual practices but no viable way of surviving as a hermit there.
    It felt like a strange contraction to me, i was quite angry that it logistical was so hard to pull off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Just a start really. A change of scene. I thought it was relatively easier to work and live in Germany.
    I thought you didn't want to "work"... About music... Not sure... Haven't been in the business for some years... And isn't the UK the place to go for making music?
    If you have Skype with Audio and Video you can PM me your Skype ID and I'll send you an invite, so we can talk more privately (if you want).

Blog Entries
    I thought you didn't want to "work"..
    Not particularly but i have to. I can't see a radical change to that without some solid stepping stones.
    I thought Germany might be one of them.

And isn't the UK the place to go for making music?
    Not sure, pub gigging at the mo.

f you have Skype with Audio and Video you can PM me your Skype ID and I'll send you an invite, so we can talk more privately (if you want)
    Yer i'm on an ancient pavilion laptop, that's keyboard has shut down, i type with the on screen keyboard. Half the screen is light pink.
    I don't know how out of dates all the drivers are, I've got email and can send photos but i'm afraid skye will kill my only computer.
    I'l try it,....

If you do not mind winter north of Sweden is cheap as fuck.
    How cheap ?. liveable or just getting by ?

Blog Entries
    If you buy out in nowhere you can get a football field size for 5000 Euro = which is cheap in my book.

Cost of living is not cheap in Sweden, but I figured you wanted to DIY and go off grid and in that case it would be cheap. I mean there is fish and there are blueberries everywhere, and nettles. Also plenty of Amanitas. What else do you need apart from a source of energy?

Although with Brexit not sure you can live in Sweden that easily anymore.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Not particularly but i have to. I can't see a radical change to that without some solid stepping stones.
    I thought Germany might be one of them.
    A good friend lives in Berlin. He is a musician and somehow well-known in a specific underground scene (though not so underground as to be a type of music that has only 1,000 listesteners worldwide) + He is on tour quite often.
    He can't live from his music, even if he has a moderate success... BUT he discovered a job he likes:
    He simply knows the music shops of Berlin and purchases Vinyls of "cult-bands" which are sold cheap and sells them through Ebay. According to him, Berlin is a good place to do such thing (though you have to be a melomaniac who knows about music and who is familiar with the cost of the vinyl albums, which editions are rare, etc).
    ... But if you are a musician, then that is something that you can do and it seems that Berlin is a good place to do it.

Blog Entries
    asked two guys I game with online, they currently live in Germany, speak it fluently... are German... both of them said the girls there are NOT hot... good luck bro.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    asked two guys I game with online, they currently live in Germany, speak it fluently... are German... both of them said the girls there are NOT hot... good luck bro.
    This is true from my experience also, HOWEVER considering he currently lives in the UK I must say, from having lived there for over 2 years, that UK girls are not that hot either... quite terrible actually... so he is not going to "trade" down, because ALSO from my experience the German girls have other qualities that are far superior to UK girls... like a brain. LOL.

Speaking in general terms of course, but let's be fair; countries that are English speaking tend to have a lower intelligence when it concerns "culture", the "world" and "perspectives" because they are "lost" in the dominance of "english"... they don't have a natural "alternative" perspective to life, which most other non-native English speaking people have that ALSO have a connection with English culture through media and the dominance of the english language. Meaning that Germans know English and German culture. Italians know Italian and English culture. But English know only English culture. Again generally speaking (usually doesn't apply to the well-travelled or those that have lived abroad).

Although the UK is not as bad in these aspects as the USA, they still fall under the same "self-centered" umbrella i.e. an ugly German is a better partner compared to an ugly English person in this respect. In my opinion. And for transparancy I have partnered with a person that is partially not part of "my own" culture, meaning I have a wider perspective.

That is why patriotism and racism is cultural cannibalism, and we all know what happens when cannibals have babies: they get retards

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Word!

Also, why assume he would want to relocate "for the girls"?

If anything, I think he said something about being more of a hermit.

Are there actually people who relocate just for this reason? If yes, well, you learn something new every day

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Also, why assume he would want to relocate "for the girls"?
    Hermit aside, if instead into men I must say that German MEN are far more attractive than British.

GERMAN

BRIT

Blog Entries
    Thanks for everyones help, but trying now to move to the zhongnan mountains.
    Could you just get lost in those mountains ? no visa etc.
    You can visit for 6 days without a visa.
    Will it kick up a fuss ?, a tourist visa only last so long.
    Will the government really care if some westerner wants to live in the mountains as a hermit ?

+ Reply to Thread