Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A New Member

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    54
    Blog Entries
    6

    A New Member

    Hello. I've just been approved. So in that way I'm new, but I've been familiar with the forums for a number of years (while registration has been closed). A lot of the questions I google end up leading to message threads on Alchemy Forums.

    I've been researching/studying what I'd call "esoterica" for lack of a better term, for about 25 years now, although not consistently. For the last six years I've been at it pretty much full time.

    My interests include kabbalah, geometry, rosicrucianism, hermeticism, freemasonry (to a degree) and alchemy. Within alchemy I definitely lean towards what I see referred to as "spiritual" alchemy, but I prefer to call "speculative" or "metaphysical" alchemy. I have no experience in practical alchemy.

    I'm pretty big into the imagery/diagrams of all the above.

    I guess that's about it... I've been 'online' since the BBS days so I can appreciate these traditional message bases as opposed to the social media options.

    I'm from Canada.. the Ottawa region.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,037
    Blog Entries
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Marcus View Post
    My interests include kabbalah, geometry, rosicrucianism, hermeticism, freemasonry (to a degree) .
    Ahahaha Classic. You'll fit in well here.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    380
    Welcome Greg Marcus.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bridger Mountains
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    4
    Yes, welcome to the Forum.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,457
    Blog Entries
    2
    Welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Marcus
    ...what I see referred to as "spiritual" alchemy, but I prefer to call "speculative" or "metaphysical" alchemy. I have no experience in practical alchemy.
    I totally understand your point however I would argue that both spiritual and practical alchemy is "operative". Freemasonry is ONLY speculative, because the operative masons have totally died out... there are people that can do masonry work, but they are really not "masons". Freemasonry was a "hands on" brotherhood that has turned into an "armchair only" fraternity. Not much of value left in my opinion.

    Alchemy on the other hand "both" aspects are equally "hands on", although - of course - it all depends on the alchemist in question.

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bridger Mountains
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Freemasonry is ONLY speculative, because the operative masons have totally died out... there are people that can do masonry work, but they are really not "masons". Freemasonry was a "hands on" brotherhood that has turned into an "armchair only" fraternity. Not much of value left in my opinion.
    If you’re talking about the actual masonry work, the building of things with bricks and mortar, then I might have to agree with you.

    However, this video might be in contradiction to what you think about all Freemasonry being speculative:



    Not that it really matters though
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:43 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,457
    Blog Entries
    2
    Well I would class that dude as an alchemist that happens to be a mason. LOL.

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,037
    Blog Entries
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    If you’re talking about the actually masonry work, the building of things with bricks and mortar, then I might have to agree with you.

    However, this video might be in contradiction to what you think about all Freemasonry being speculative:



    Not that it really matters though
    I really love this video actually because of how it shows the way the masons include ormus into the alchemical works. Ive just ordered a while shitload of labgear getting ready to recreate all of my previous medicines, but with this extra ormus step, to see if it makes any significant difference to the results ive had in the past.Very excited. I love that guy.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bridger Mountains
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Well I would class that dude as an alchemist that happens to be a mason. LOL.

    I’ll let you have that one then
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Posts
    50
    Welcome aboard Greg Marcus. May your lab remain redundant.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts