Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Alchemical Films

Alchemical Films

Also see this thread: Alchemy Videos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A seriously 'alchemical' film is "The Man in the Iron Mask" (all versions and the book).

Another one (film) is "The Count of Monte Cristo" (all versions and the book).

Other's (films) are "Groundhog Day", "The King of Hearts" and "What the Bleep do we Know?" Also, (lesser) "Alice in Wonderland", "The Wizard of Oz", "The Gods Must be Crazy" (not the sequel tagged "II"), and " Koyaanisqatsi - Life Out of Balance".

Last edited by Awani; 02-19-2015 at 11:38 PM. Reason: add link

The best initialization movie I have seen is Excalibur /1981/, it is also the best from mediavel times. Highly recommended, hope it will not be censored...

Alejandro Jodorowsky's "The Holy Mountain", is, I think, the greatest Alchemy movie I have seen. His Graphic novel series with Moebius, "the Incal" takes it to a whole new level, though... Seems like all his work is similarily structured: His art is not about alchemy so much as it IS alchemical in it's transformative structure... Brilliance.

-A-

Blog Entries
    Laputa and Nausicaš by Miyazaki are both highly alchemical in my opinion - albeit not as blatant as perhaps Excalibur!

I'm not a Moebius fan, although I have been to an exhibition in Paris once which he shared with Miyazaki. Perhaps look into it now...

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Alejandro Jodorowsky's "The Holy Mountain", is, I think, the greatest Alchemy movie I have seen. His Graphic novel series with Moebius, "the Incal" takes it to a whole new level, though... Seems like all his work is similarily structured: His art is not about alchemy so much as it IS alchemical in it's transformative structure... Brilliance.

-A-
    I just saw this film and quite enjoyed it. Very good stuff... would be interested to hear comments by people more experienced with alchemy than I. I'd certainly recommend it any case.

Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I just saw this film and quite enjoyed it. Very good stuff... would be interested to hear comments by people more experienced with alchemy than I. I'd certainly recommend it any case.
    I looked it up and just watched it... im not quite sure what to say about it really... it had a lot of meaning and points... part of me liked it, part didnt. Around the end it brought things that i have seen in recent dreams, which needless to say freaked me the hell out.

I like the ending... it causes the beginning (alot of the symbolism used) to make sense, rising above the "fallen flesh" as it were, and all to reach reality and begin anew. Truly an ouroboros in the truest sense.

Ill also say, i picked a good/bad time to watch it, as it got late, quickly, and is almost morning so i kinda "faded in an out", though i didnt miss anything, the good part of that being that the state of half conscious, half unconscious allows for the inner-self to speak on it also... which happened, and i became more connected to it...
    Perhaps its my Gemini nature, but i must give it a 50/50, which due to canceling each other out would be a 0, and thus infinite possibilities, so i guess overall its subjective according to viewer. Yes i suck at rating stuff. lol

Oh yeah, just remembered one of my fav. parts is the Academy place at the mountain where they talk like "normal" philosopher's and scientists... that was hilarious and so true...

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

What about π ??

http://www.rense.com/general7/alchemkubrick.htm

Never knew this til recently! Far Out Stanley!

Blog Entries

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Even better, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread