Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Alchemical Films

Blog Entries

Mr. Nobody

I won't say anything about this film.

It won't take more than a few minutes to decide whether it's for you or not.

It took a little more than a few minutes for me to decide Androgynus.

I have had one repetative thought throughout my life, which comes up periodically.
    It is more of a feeling I can't fully explain than a thought, but if I were to put it into
    words it would be what Nemo says at 17:23.

I think the film was saying we make our own choices...

Live with it.

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    I think the film was saying we make our own choices...
    Not sure about that... We could also see it more as all 'choices' being simultaneous, basically and inevitably leading to the same conclusion.

For someone experiencing choicelessness in 4 dimensions (3+Time), I think this movie takes choicelessness to a more multidimensional level...

Taking it even further, let's consider 'The Big Crunch'. This may signify all VIRTUAL/imagined 'choices' imploding, and inevitably leading to the ONE and ONLY thing/event that ACTUALLY happens.

The 'Big Crunch' (Implosion/Event Horizon/etc...) is marked by the dying virtual Nemo saying the name 'Anna' - which marks the collision of all possible/imagined realities into ONE.

The movie focuses on one single moment... Now let's consider the possibility that EVERY 'moment' is exactly like that...

Therefore - no choice, really, ultimately...

Live with it.
    Live with what? Making 'own' choices? I can certainly tell myself that (that I always have a choice), but does it make it so?

It took a little more than a few minutes for me to decide Androgynus.
    Hmm... I 'should' have said that it took ME a few minutes to decide... But I didn't... Did I really have a choice about it?

And now I'm feeling that all that I'm typing this very moment is 'already' scripted

PS: I think that grasping Infinity goes hand in hand with grasping Choicelessness...
    Last edited by Andro; 07-10-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Perhaps that is why I am haunted by that repetative question..."why am I me?"

I didn't get a choice for that responsibility, I just am.

When I wrote, "Live with it", I meant live with the choices you make as you can't take them back...just like
    the smoke won't return to the cigarette.

The other day I was talking about the power of words...how simply saying the wrong thing can cause irreparable
    damage...words, once spoken, are very difficult to retract...like the cigarette smoke.

Never underestimate the power of the magic word "sorry”

And remember forgiveness is also a choice one might want to consider a little deeper; you dont have to wait
    for that magic word and forgiveness can be for yourself as well as others...we are all capable of making the
    wrong choice.

Having said that I guess it seems life isn't choiceless at all, but a series of choices ad infinitum.

Ghislain
    Open Book

Blog Entries
    As I said before, there are no actual choices in my reality.

Following the movie's paradigm (for example), as I am typing these words, let's say I can (although not consciously) 'see' ALL (not just 3, but an infinity of infinities) of possible variations/virtual choices/outcomes of this very moment, until they implode back to the choice-less singularity that is NOW. What happens is what will always have happened, each and every so-called 'moment', with all possible infinities INEVITABLY converging into ONE, Right Here, Right Now.

we are all capable of making the wrong choice.
    There is no such 'thing' as a 'wrong choice' in my reality. It is what it is, not what it 'should be'. And if something really 'should have been' where one might think it wasn't - then it actually was.

Having said that I guess it seems life isn't choiceless at all, but a series of choices ad infinitum.
    From where I'm looking, the 'ad infinitum choices' are not really choices, but perceptions, sights (as in 'seeing', not as in 'choosing'), with every moment being accompanied by seeing an entire Multiverse of possibilities which eventually implode into the Big Crunch/Singularity of the moment that IS, because it cannot be otherwise

We may be experiencing a (choice-less and inevitable) clash of perspectives
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't get the sorry / forgiveness connection.
    Last edited by Andro; 07-10-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    I had seen this movie a couple times. I really like it.
    It's that other dimension where all choices are played out instead of just one.
    But all choices is a dimension contained in another dimension which
    makes the all-choices dimesnion one choice/no choice relatively (big crunch).

Reminds me of Matrix - You've already made the choice. Now you have to understand it.
    (or something like that)

This is really clear. I don't mean anything mystical by 'dimension'.
    One line contains all/infinite points; one plane contains infinite lines, etc...
    Infinite choices/lines are one choice/plane. One choice = no choice.

If people would see this, there is no point (hehe! pun) to cultivating,
    say compassion, to relate to another thread. Compassion is one point
    among infinite points. Just become the line. Or, if compassion is a line
    become the plane. The "choice"/will/belief etc of/in compassion, or whatever,
    collapses the infinite potential of the plane above into one line.
    Not right or wrong - just see/understand what you're doing.

oh - when I say "just become the line/plane", I mean realise you already are.
    There's nothing to DO/become. Doing collapses the dimesnion of infinite potential
    that you would be "trying" to "become". That's impossible.
    That's why this view is choiceless and effortless - it is what you innately inherently
    already are and have always been.
    Last edited by solomon levi; 07-10-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

I just wanted to add The Dark Crystal and The Secret of NIMH as obvious additions to this list. Regarding the latter, I mean the movie, not the book - Alchemical elements were added post hoc, and I'm not entirely convinced that whoever did it had terribly deep insight into their meaning. Rings nicely anyway, though.

Japan positively fetishizes Alchemy and the cartoons concerned solely with it are too numerous to name. It's to the point that a subset (a subset!) of them constitute a genre that I've come to call, "big boobs, blonde hair, and Alchemy."

They've got some good titles, but most of the ones in the aforementioned genre aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel Matina View Post
    I just wanted to add The Dark Crystal and The Secret of NIMH as obvious additions to this list. Regarding the latter, I mean the movie, not the book - Alchemical elements were added post hoc, and I'm not entirely convinced that whoever did it had terribly deep insight into their meaning. Rings nicely anyway, though.

Japan positively fetishizes Alchemy and the cartoons concerned solely with it are too numerous to name. It's to the point that a subset (a subset!) of them constitute a genre that I've come to call, "big boobs, blonde hair, and Alchemy."

They've got some good titles, but most of the ones in the aforementioned genre aren't.
    These were two of my favorite movies as a child, I recently purchased them in dvd format to keep as part of my collection. A couple more good children's films along these lines are, "The Last Unicorn" and "Watership Down". My favorite book as a very young child was called, "Horton Hears a Who!". It's been made into a movie but I don't know how well it relates to the book.
    Last edited by Nibiru; 07-15-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    Still Searching.............

The Last Mimzy ticks a lot of boxes

Ghislain
    Open Book

Blog Entries
    'The Wisdom of Crocodiles', a.k.a. 'Immortality':

+ Reply to Thread