Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Alchemical Films

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Maybe this is the needed precursor for returning to our telepathic abilities?
    Androgynus...while thinking of the implication of losing all five senses...although I don't believe the film covered touch...did it?
    I came to the same conclusion/question...would our sixth sense better develop?

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    I'll see it as well.

Started watching The Mysterious Stranger, I like the plot... but I fell asleep (not due to the film) so I will see the rest today. The so-called alchemist in the story is a real asshole! Ha ha!

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    I highly recommend the following movies, not only for the Alchemical and/or Philosophical twists...

The Mysterious Stranger
    Great film!

August: She'll tell everyone.
    Mysterious Stranger: Not if we kill her.
    August: Don't be insane.
    Mysterious Stranger: She got to die sometime, August. It really doesn't matter when.
    August: You can't go around just killing people.
    Mysterious Stranger: Why not? Other people do. Human beings aren't important.
    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    The Cosmic Giggle... looks good.
    trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyWO9OWWFZI
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

upcoming, The Great Work, where an IT takes a year off to try to perfect the manufacture of gold:
    http://grtwrk.com

no idea whether it will have any value or not.

What came first Dark City, The Truman Show or The Matrix?

The reason I ask is that they all seem to have ripped off each others ideas; I would guess Dark City.

Ghislain

The Secret

I have, for a long time now, believed I can have anything I want if I really want it and believe I can
    have it.

Not everyone will see this post, but if you have then you were meant to; believe it!

If you look at your life and the things you want but don’t have, then look a little deeper and you will
    see the doubts or “barriers of reason” where you tell yourself you can’t have them.

By directing your attention to something you want brings power to those things, but directing
    attention to things you don’t want has the same effect; it is known as “The Law of Attraction” This is
    explained in a docu-film, “The Secret”.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but if so here it is again

The Secret”, IMDB
    Interviews with leading authors, philosophers, scientists, with an in-depth discussion of
    the Law of Attraction. The audience is shown how they can learn and use 'The Secret' in
    their everyday lives.

HERE is a link to the film “The Secret”.

When the page opens click on,

“Close Ad and Watch as Free User”

This may start a lot of pop ups...just ignore or close them as required.

In the same place where you just clicked will be another button,

“Start Video Now”

Click on this and again the pop ups will start...again ignore or close them.

Now the film will start...make it full screen and enjoy.

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 02-04-2013 at 09:13 AM.

HERE’S one to watch, it’s called, “I Am” and it’s by Director, Producer and Screenwriter Tom Shadyac.

This one is a little difficult to get started and it buffers badly, but if you can bear with it you won’t be disappointed.

When you click on the link, a page will come up with two columns headed Premium and Free. Click on the
    word “Free” then a page comes up with a video in the middle plus some pop ups. Close the pop ups and
    click the play button at the bottom of the video screen. More pop ups will start...close
    these and then click the play button again and the video should start...hopefully

If you see a snow globe on the screen I think that’s it.

If you know of a better place to stream this from please post.

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 02-05-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Atlas Shrugged

This thread comes from a quote by Dev taken from Ayn Rand’s novel “Atlas Shrugged” in the thread
    started by Solomon Levi, Wealth in the Light of Initiatic Science post #6, 05-01-2009

I have the book, but as yet have not read it as it sits in a mountain of books waiting to be read...

Then I stumbled upon some films and thought they would make a good introduction to the book.

So here they are...

Atlas Shrugged Part I

Use stream2k to stream the film and don’t click on the PLAY NOW button that’s just a popup. Click on the
    play button on the film then go full screen.

Atlas Shrugged part II (in two parts)

Use same as above.

And a documentary about Rand and the book...

Ayn Rand & The Prophecy Of Atlas Shrugged

Click on the word “continue” in the middle of the screen then click on “Hide the ads”, close any popups, click
    play then go full screen.

Not having read the book I would say that it doesn’t end in part II and we can expect another instalment.

Dev, as you have read the book could you tell us if these films do it justice?

Thanks

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 02-10-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    The films does not include the last half of the book. The most important part. Maybe they will make it in the future.

The films are ok. It is a heavy book to squeeze into a film, and much better to read.

+ Reply to Thread