Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Alchemical Films

Blog Entries
    just watched Stephanie Meyer's 'The Host'... the book was enlightening and the movie was good as far as movies can capture books. maybe i could enjoy the movie because it reawakened the seeds the book planted???
    what's great about it is how it shows us ourselves by slightly changing perspective. i mean through a slight bit of fantasy it shows us reality more clearly, like The Matrix.
    Particularly this shows us how we are souls, or you might even see how we are hosts to our dna, or our soul.
    it also shows the schizophrenia i used to talk about.
    you may even get insight into virgin birth, spontaneous non-linear transmutation...
    all these happened for me reading the book.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

That book was great, unfortunately I haven't been able to snatch the movie yet.

Blog Entries

The Hindu Epic Mahabarata... saw this many years ago, the long 6 hour version in parts.
    Just found this edited version... some good things in this "poem".
    Of course, like the Bible, this is not a story about people (it is and isn't) as much as archetypes
    represented by people.
    Last edited by solomon levi; 06-05-2013 at 09:43 PM.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Powder (1995)

Download via Torrent:

Or watch on YouTube (lower quality):

__________________________________________________ ____

It's probably not among the top movies of the 20th century if you're into gourmet cinema - but it looks (to me) like it was almost tailored for some Alchemists, even if it's not directly implied.

There's nothing 'mystical' or occult in this movie, everything is in plain sight - which can be quite refreshing in the right context.

So stop whatever you're doing and watch this movie right now
    Last edited by Andro; 12-08-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Lucy

Continuing the legacy of movies such as 'Powder' (see the post above this one), 'Limitless' and 'Stargate Atlantis' (Season 3 episode 14 ), here comes Lucy.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I saw it in the cinema recently... nice to see Luc Besson back on form.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Adptation

Weird film with Nicholas Cage and Meryl Streep...

Not much to say about this film but watch it

Stream Vid Here

Then ask yourself what your script would be like?

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    Have you seen Being John Malkovich? If not watch it and then see Adaption again... if you want to go even weirder have a look at:

Synecdoche, New York

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Has this one been posted?

Last edited by Andro; 11-17-2014 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Video embedded in post (just take out the "s" from https)

Ignoring the fact that he mentions Newton, tell me he isn't talking about Alchemy ...

Last edited by Andro; 11-17-2014 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Video embedded in post (just take out the "s" from https)

+ Reply to Thread