Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disciplines That Develop Superpowers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    that Gateway Project is VERY interesting.
    I have attended this program at the Monroe Institute in Virginia, however it was AFTER Monroe died. There was a lot of talk about "them" having changed the HemiSync frequencies after Bob's death, and there was already a lot of "ex"-military personnel at the Institute. Years later, I got a hold of the original Gateway audio exercises (from when Monroe was still alive), and they are indeed quite different in their effect. The people who have been running the Institute (after Bob's daughter Laurie died) are ALL "ex" military/agency.

That is interesting about the Monroe Institue and the Gateway Project. I have found two different versions online but I don't know whether any of them is the original version. It appears they removed "Wave VI - Prospecting" and also changed "Wave V - Exploring" to "Wave V - Exploring Focus" both have entirely different tracts. I haven't listened to any version yet but I plan on listening to the Wave VII version. Both can be found online.

Hemi-Sync Gateway Experience

Older Format:

Wave I - Discovery
    Wave II - Threshold
    Wave III - Freedom
    Wave IV - Adventure
    Wave V - Exploring
    Wave VI - Prospecting
    Wave VII - Odyssey

Newer Format:

Wave I - Discovery
    Wave II - Threshold
    Wave III - Freedom
    Wave IV - Adventure
    Wave V - Exploring Focus
    Wave VI - Odyssey

Blog Entries
    Years later, I got a hold of the original Gateway audio exercises (from when Monroe was still alive), and they are indeed quite different in their effect. The people who have been running the Institute (after Bob's daughter Laurie died) are ALL "ex" military/agency.
    Spooky...get it ?.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    I have attended this program at the Monroe Institute in Virginia, however it was AFTER Monroe died. There was a lot of talk about "them" having changed the HemiSync frequencies after Bob's death, and there was already a lot of "ex"-military personnel at the Institute. Years later, I got a hold of the original Gateway audio exercises (from when Monroe was still alive), and they are indeed quite different in their effect. The people who have been running the Institute (after Bob's daughter Laurie died) are ALL "ex" military/agency.
    Do they still work or are they like an evil, mind breaking formula?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    I grabbed this from someones blog, and thought it relevant to the conversation.

5+ Of The Best Herbs For Astral Projection

Here are the best herbs for astral projection (list):
    1: Artemisa vulgaris
    Artemisa Vulgaris is otherwise known as mugwort and is one of the most commonly known herbs for astral projecting. Its name literally translates to ‘dream plant’. Many people report that it makes their experience very vivid and afterwards they are much more likely to remember the details.

Other reported benefits include helping one to heal and having OBEs that help them find closure by addressing their core wounds.

Mugwort can be taken as a pill, smoked or stewed in tea. You should take it about half an hour before heading to bed, and try to pair it with some starchy food as this will increase its effectiveness. Caution: do not take this herb if you’re pregnant as it relaxes the uterus and can therefore be dangerous to expecting mothers.

2: Calea zacatechichi
    This is a Mexican dream herb. As the description suggests, it has similar properties to mugwort as it works by making your dreams clearer, which is why it’s popular with astral projectors and those just looking to have lucid dreams.

Calea can be taken by being smoked or by drinking, and you should do so just before going to bed. If you choose to drink calea, it’s known as being quite a bitter taste, so bear in mind that it may not be a delicious drink to end the day on.

The fresher this herb is the better it works, so it’s recommended to grow it yourself so you can pick the shrub just before ingesting it.

3: Heimia salicifolia
    Native to Mexico, this plant was used by the Aztecs, and is still used by Mexican shamans today, as part of their trance divination. Those who use this herb say that their astral projection then involves some sort of time travel, be that experiencing past or future events or even witnessing past lives. It has been known to give OBEs a yellow tint and to alter sounds.

Unlike calea and mugwort, heimia salicifolia – otherwise known as ‘sun opener’ – isn’t taken as a tea. Instead, you should take the fresh leaves and leave them to wilt. Then, place them in a jar with cool water, and leave the jar in the sun for at least 24 hours. This reliance on the sun to make this herb an effective aid for astral projecting is how it got the name sun opener.

4: Asparagus racemosus
    In English, this is also known as wild asparagus root, while the Chinese call it tian men dong. This translates to ‘heavenly spirit herb’, which indicates how Chinese Taoist monks use it! It is said that they use this wild asparagus root to fly through the universe at night and move in alignment with their spirit.

With many people finding a similarity between the monks’ description of flying through the air, and the use of flight in astral projection, this herb has grown increasingly popular with those looking to have an OBE.

Other effects of taking wild asparagus root include increase relaxation and stress release; putting your body and mind in the perfect state to begin astral projecting. This herb can be purchased as a dry powder, which you then mix with warm water to drink before climbing into bed.

5: Artemisia absinthum
    This herb has many names, such as absinthe, ambrosia, green muse, sage of the glaciers, and in Old English it was called wormwood. Like mugwort, wormwood is a popular herb due to its numerous benefits. These include curing digestive disorders, treating liver disease and reducing pain.

Some people will even apply wormwood directly to a wound to speed up the healing process. It is commonly used to flavour alcoholic drinks like vermouth and absinthe, but before that it was part of the ancient Greek ritual to honour the goddess Artemis. This herb can either be smoked or steeped in boiling water and consumed as tea.

Some people also report that wormwood has aided their astral projection simply by placing it under their pillow. A benefit to using wormwood while astral projecting is that it makes the experience more vivid and colourful.

6: Valerian root
    Although Valerian Root sounds like something from a fantasy novel, this herb is very much real! For those not looking to astral project, it is a great way to induce sleep if you’re suffering from insomnia.

For those chasing OBEs, this herb is a great sedative to relax your body, putting you in the perfect state to begin astral projecting. This root can be taken as a capsule, or the leaves can be smoked or turned into tea.

The capsules are the ideal way to consume this herb though, because fresh valerian leaves are infamous for being rather foul smelling.

But before you begin ordering every herb under the sun, thinking it’s a great shortcut to achieving astral projection, just remember that – like anything – overconsumption can be dangerous, so do your research on correct dosages and perhaps begin with smaller dosages so you can ease yourself into the experience.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Do they still work or are they like an evil, mind breaking formula?
    Monroe died in 1995.

I attended the Institute in the 2000s, when it was still run by his daughter Laurie.

Around the time I was there, I could go OOB with no problems before and after attending the Gateway Program, but could not do so DURING my stay at the Institute. It may have been the altered frequencies, or it could be something else entirely. I DID receive many other benefits from attending the program.

I did not feel any particular "evil" effects from the program itself, however, I could not go OOB while at the Institute, and the whole program already started to gradually smell of New Age crap.

Also, their night-time Delta frequencies were like nothing I have ever encountered "outside", nothing like anything that's commercially available. If you chose to leave the speakers on at bedtime, you just fall asleep in a minute or so, no matter how much you try to resist it (I tried, for experimental purposes - and failed... I fell asleep quickly, despite putting up my best resistance).

1. It is possible that the frequencies have been altered more than once, especially after Laurie Monroe died and TMI became entirely run by military/agency people.

2. The original Gateway frequencies that I eventually got a hold of are from 1989, when Bob Monroe was still alive, and I know that he actively resisted and refused to share the specifics (the exact frequency combinations/cascades) with any third party while he was alive.

------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 02-10-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Are these old school tapes still available today?

I have started listening to the newer ones, and I admit i did feel quite trancey and began to get a sensation of falling at one stage. I also taped into some slight visuals also. Interesting. Its enough to motivate me to keep giving them a go. Do you Andro have any tips for first timers.

I understand that the body must be mega relaxed and that it should basically fill with tingles. Is that enough to try and 'role' out or is there another step that I'm missing?

Blog Entries
    I don't know where these tapes may be available today. I don't even recall where I got them from. You can try your luck online.

It is very possible that the latest currently available audio files also have their benefits. I haven't checked them out.

I paid a lot of money (for me back then) for attending the Gateway Voyage in person at TMI (not to mention the flight costs from Europe to the US and back...) and for subsequently also purchasing the Gateway CDs, so I felt a quite "bad" after finding out those were not Monroe's original frequencies (even if the titles of the exercises were the same).

Also, I am not going to give OOB tutorials here. There's plenty of stuff and a plethora of methods readily available online. One just has to practice and persevere. There are certain "barriers", but they can be overcome. Also, I personally don't advocate the use of whatever substances to achieve this. You don't even need HemiSync...

You're very right about something... If there is ONE keyword I recommend, it's: RELAX.

Are these old school tapes still available today?

I have started listening to the newer ones, and I admit i did feel quite trancey and began to get a sensation of falling at one stage. I also taped into some slight visuals also. Interesting. Its enough to motivate me to keep giving them a go. Do you Andro have any tips for first timers.

I understand that the body must be mega relaxed and that it should basically fill with tingles. Is that enough to try and 'role' out or is there another step that I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    There are certain "barriers", but they can be overcome.
    Sorry if you may think it's a dumb question, but: If you are reffering to sleep-paralysis, or the feeling of anxiety that comes with the feeling of dissociation, why do you think these barriers are there in the first place?

The question is not necessarily directed towards you, but anyone who has experiences with these kind of practices (not drug induced!).

Blog Entries
    Maybe it's a genetically programmed fail-safe to prevent premature suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    If you are referring to sleep-paralysis, or the feeling of anxiety that comes with the feeling of dissociation, why do you think these barriers are there in the first place?

+ Reply to Thread