Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: En elixir fixer with the picture of a tincture

Blog Entries

An elixir fixer with the picture of a tincture

Hi, I'm a computing science student across the pond, in the mythical land of passed-out drinkers and drug bingers that is Scotland.

My interest in the occult has been strong since early childhood, since I could feel the presence of spirits, and were repeatedly praised for my "healing touch", which, years later, sounds like something you'd call the police for.

Having mainly practiced psionics, with mixed results, until a couple years ago, my history with alchemy is on the order of days.

Simply put, alchemy is the system I've always dreamt of, perfectly describing the metaphysical functions of the world, in a way I never managed to quite grasp over a good few years of trying to formulate a similar system.

Needless to say, as soon as I read the first chapter of "Real Alchemy", a very basic, introductory work, I pulled myself around town, and, the next day, I had a sorry excuse for a lab, barely enough to prepare the 7 basics.
    Speaking of which, 4 of them are digesting nicely, with the next 3 about to be prepared in the following days.

I'm eager to discuss methods to improve the potency and preparation time of different formulations, as well as specific recipes for different preparations.

Once these baby step potions are done, I will likely dash directly into preparing the veggie stone, and just as likely, fail a dozen or so times at every stage.

Can't wait to properly get to know this colourful community, just reading old posts has been a joy, and I earnestly look forwards to properly tackling this captivating science, art, and Work.

My profile picture is a low-res still of a simple parsley elixir, btw.
    Last edited by pistachio; 03-01-2019 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Mistyped "An" in the title, of all things

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Forum, pistachio!
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Welcome,pistachio to the Forum

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

So... I'm confused... Are from Scotland? Romania? Both?

What gives you the idea this community is "colorful"?

Quote Originally Posted by pistachio View Post
    My profile picture is a low-res still of a simple parsley elixir, btw.
    Hi pistachio!

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Welcome!

So... I'm confused... Are from Scotland? Romania? Both?

What gives you the idea this community is "colorful"?

I'm from Romania, just studying and working in Scotland. I'm fond of the Scottish and their silliness, but I don't have any blood or cultural links with them.

The community is colourful in regards to the members, and especially how tight-knit the community is. For example, the men's therapy thread created by elixirmixer, and several other threads that display how involved the regular members here are with each other. Basically, IMO, this forum goes slightly beyond your average "internet forum", and is a genuine community, in the full sense of the word.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Hi pistachio!

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

Traditional British ballads are something else. As far as I can tell, they draw directly from the Celtic druidic tradition, and, as such, most old ballads are absolutely full of occult references, and mythos.

Welcome pistachio

Can't wait to properly get to know this colourful community, just reading old posts has been a joy, and I earnestly look forwards to properly tackling this captivating science, art, and Work.
    Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    The community is colourful in regards to the members, and especially how tight-knit the community is.
    Don't know about tightly-knit (although I'm sure there are various "cliques"), but definitely colorful

+ Reply to Thread