Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: External Internal Alchemy

Blog Entries

External Internal Alchemy

Here is a work I’ve finished about a year ago. Since Mercury is now moving into retrograde motion, I thought it would be a good time to post this up. If any of you are familiar with Neidan, it is my preferred vocabulary.

There are three essential treasures. The first is of course Consciousness, also called Spirit. The second is Vitality, also called Fire or Life. Third and finally is the Generative Force, also called Internal and Essential Nature.

Consciousness is intricately connected to the Breath, and Breath connected to Vitality, and Vitality to the Generative Force. In order for the alchemical process to begin, the Generative Force must be Vitalized with Breath.

Another way of saying this is that Breath must become Generative and Vital.

When these three treasures mature with one another and ‘combust’, they create a union and Spiritual Vitality is restored.

This first image is of Melissa officinalis just after being imbibed with Spirit. Lemon Balm was taken fresh off the plant and sealed into the flask before it had a chance to loose its ‘lemony’ scent. If you look closely you can see black veins forming in the leaf as the Spirit comes into contact with the plant’s ‘Vitality’. This begins the alchemical Black Phase, or the Fixation of Spirit in its Original Cavity.

This image shows the putrefaction of the Lemon Balm as Spirit, Vitality, and the Generative Force are circulating inside the Cavity. Spirit and Vitality are supported by the Generative Force. Vitality and the Generative Force are supported by Spirit. And the Generative Force and Spirit are supported by the Vitality original to the Lemon Balm.

If any of the three treasures are missing, the alchemical process doesn’t work. You just have natural decay. But the question which has eluded me over the years is how do you manifest Spiritual Vitality?

I realized the answer to this question was through the Divine. Not one of the three treasures, but that which manifests them, the Dao. This image shows the flask submitting to the ever changing and constant Dao.

After this, Spiritual Vitality is created, the three treasures fixt, and the body restored:

Unfortunately, I did not have enough matter to continue into a second rotation, but it was fun none the less

Hope you have all enjoyed the pretty pictures!
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 03-05-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Hi Kiorionis

Great pics.

What spirit did you use ?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I used one determined to the Vegetable Kingdom. It wasn’t as potent as I thought it would be, because the body of the Melissa leaves never dissolved.

Haha but I suppose that’s good for internal alchemy.

Awesome pictures, Kiorionis!

I love that last picture of the white leaves. Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Thanks
    It wasn’t as potent as I thought it would be, because the body of the Melissa leaves never dissolved.
    Yet the leaves may have opened and given up their essence to the spirit.

Are you continuing to work with the spirit ?

Blog Entries
    I intend to work more with it, yes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Yet the leaves may have opened and given up their essence to the spirit.

Are you continuing to work with the spirit ?
    Then, would that mean that the plant body retaining colour is a sign that its essence has fully saturated the spirit? I've gone with a half-and-half ratio for my first few preparations, but it seems the well-ground plants have plenty more essence within them.
    Can that lead to problems with calcination, since it won't be just the inert body burning away. Is it possible the terra damnata left within the salt is actually corrupt essence left over from an over-saturated digestion?

Quote Originally Posted by pistachio View Post
    Then, would that mean that the plant body retaining colour is a sign that its essence has fully saturated the spirit? I've gone with a half-and-half ratio for my first few preparations, but it seems the well-ground plants have plenty more essence within them.
    Can that lead to problems with calcination, since it won't be just the inert body burning away. Is it possible the terra damnata left within the salt is actually corrupt essence left over from an over-saturated digestion?
    The more of the essence that can be collected so much the better.

Continue to extract from the plant with the spirit to the point where the spirit comes off clear .... showing that there is no more essence to be extracted.

To my understanding the essence/oil is what carries the virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Here is a work I’ve finished about a year ago. Since Mercury is now moving into retrograde motion, I thought it would be a good time to post this up. If any of you are familiar with Neidan, it is my preferred vocabulary.

There are three essential treasures. The first is of course Consciousness, also called Spirit. The second is Vitality, also called Fire or Life. Third and finally is the Generative Force, also called Internal and Essential Nature.

Consciousness is intricately connected to the Breath, and Breath connected to Vitality, and Vitality to the Generative Force. In order for the alchemical process to begin, the Generative Force must be Vitalized with Breath.

Another way of saying this is that Breath must become Generative and Vital.

When these three treasures mature with one another and ‘combust’, they create a union and Spiritual Vitality is restored.

This first image is of Melissa officinalis just after being imbibed with Spirit. Lemon Balm was taken fresh off the plant and sealed into the flask before it had a chance to loose its ‘lemony’ scent. If you look closely you can see black veins forming in the leaf as the Spirit comes into contact with the plant’s ‘Vitality’. This begins the alchemical Black Phase, or the Fixation of Spirit in its Original Cavity.

This image shows the putrefaction of the Lemon Balm as Spirit, Vitality, and the Generative Force are circulating inside the Cavity. Spirit and Vitality are supported by the Generative Force. Vitality and the Generative Force are supported by Spirit. And the Generative Force and Spirit are supported by the Vitality original to the Lemon Balm.

If any of the three treasures are missing, the alchemical process doesn’t work. You just have natural decay. But the question which has eluded me over the years is how do you manifest Spiritual Vitality?

I realized the answer to this question was through the Divine. Not one of the three treasures, but that which manifests them, the Dao. This image shows the flask submitting to the ever changing and constant Dao.

After this, Spiritual Vitality is created, the three treasures fixt, and the body restored:

Unfortunately, I did not have enough matter to continue into a second rotation, but it was fun none the less

Hope you have all enjoyed the pretty pictures!
    Great description of the Three Treasures and the herbal work analogy. Thanks for sharing this.

Yes, thanks! Cool experiment!

I thought the first rotation ends with a red color though..

+ Reply to Thread