Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The amulets of Kaliningrad (Königsberg)

The amulets of Kaliningrad (Königsberg)

http://www.pravdareport.com/science/8429-treasure/

The article is a bit old, but the only one I could find in english. The newer version is that it belonged to emperor Friedrich Wilhelm II of prussia. He most likely got those amulets from the Gold- und Rosenkreuzer.

Blog Entries
    the first one reminds me of gnostic amulets (not suggesting it IS gnostic). I can't quite make out the right side.. is that a star and a crescent, or a star and two headed snake?

The last one is pretty much the same as hebrew amulets I've seen. The second one (with "Deus") I can't really make out enough to have an opinion.

I could only find images of four of them. All in all there are said to be eleven. They are displayed in the art museum of Kaliningrad (just in case if you ever happen to be occassionally near that place).

I also marked a new spot on The Map

The second one reminds me of this from the château de terre-neuve (Fulcanelli Dwelling):

Last edited by Florius Frammel; 04-04-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    As I mentioned, here are a couple of examples of jewish amulets:

Now the second one, with Deus, reminds me of images from a text that for the life of me, I can't find right now. All I can find is the hand copied partial from Manly Hall collection. These images are NOT the ones I'm thinking of, but might ring a bell for someone who knows the text I'm talking about. If I remember correctly, the complete text has a bunch of "linear" diagrams of weird crosses like the second amulet.

The closest I've included would be the "Deus Jesus Maria" one above, but its not the one I'm thinking of, just similar.

Here is another one:

One can read the names "Hagiel"(above), who according to Dieter Harmening is an angel and related to Venus and "Asmodel"(so below), who is a daemon of lust.

All 11:

If you are interested and lucky, you can find more pics in this google books preview of the

Source:
    https://books.google.de/books?id=4ak...ingrad&f=false

On other amulets the name of the archangel Raciel (who I assume may be the hebrew version of hermes/toth) can be found as well.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 04-04-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    The text I was referring to above is Escalier des Sages, but it doesn't have the cross images I thought it did, so back to the drawing board on that one.

Perspektiven Der Philosophie, Bände 33 is pretty interesting.. It seems to have a treatment of Melancholia II by Durer, which I just returned to yesterday for unrelated reasons.

If you want this title (Bande 33), let me know... I've collected Bande 31->Bande 34.

Catherine de Medici was one of the great patrons of Nostradamus.

I had specifically not included the jewish amulet with the sigils:

I'd love to get the Band 33, Greg! Thanks!

That "Deus" item you are thinking of is actually the cover of the small box.
    It's saying "Ave Raciel" on the bottom where the dagger is, along with the names "och" and "ech". Other characters/letters are said to be aramaic.

That medaille from Catherine de medici shows zeus and venus (on the left). It is according to Harmening a magic amulet done after exact instruction by Agrippa von Nettesheim. The scene also is said to have something to do with the story of Ganymed. The right part is almost identical to the "Hagiel" amulet I posted before.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 04-04-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    With the 3rd figure being "the box" the cover goes on? That's pretty cool.

In the hebrew/kabbalah tradition, Raziel is the angel of "secrets". Although Franckenberg refers to Raphael in much the same manner.. and I believe sometimes Phaniel/Pheniel is given this role (this is off the top of my head, I haven't looked it up, so I might be wrong). Unless one can actually read aramaic and/or hebrew it's very hard to tell them apart just by looking at the characters/words. Usually it takes me trying to translate aramaic as hebrew and coming up with gibberish to realize its aramaic.

In the hebrew tradition, there is indeed a lot of "angel magic", but it descends into nonsensical gibberish when adopted by the "european occult", with the multiplication of names and duplication of roles. A lot of them are "barbarous" names that are really created to represent specific "values", taken up by later people who know "a little bit" and take them for more than they are.

I took a quick look through Macarius' 'Abraxas' to reacquaint myself with the gnostic amulets and seals, and outside of the specific abraxas ones, you can see the influence on the ones you posted.

https://archive.org/details/abraxasseuapist00chifgoog

There is one image of a cross in the Abraxas book that looks like this:

Does anyone know something about a cube/dice/cross connection?

There are quite some dices in various tractates like the Buch der heiligen Dreifaltigkeit or in the card of the Bateleur of the Tarot.

Blog Entries
    This is very, very common, the unfolding of different "bodies", specifically the platonic solids. If you check Fludd, Kepler, Kircher, they all include sections that show this.. The solids themselves represent a "tesselation" in 3 dimensions.. They are also sections on 2 dimensional "flat" tessellations (also known as tilings).

the first images I've posted up there from Escaliers des Sages show it as well. It's a doodle included in the corresspondence of Andreae.. I really could go on and on.. whats his face.. Dali! has a study on it too.

+ Reply to Thread