Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Calcium

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Its historic relevance and associations to divinity. The cow has been worshipped by ancient man all over the world.
    It was reserved for pharaohs in ancient Egypt and some of 1st forms of worship came from cows.
    Physical cows milk, mothers milk, limestone have all been centred around religious worship.
    Yes, and like many major religions today, people worship Jesus for example, as a physical man, rather than a metaphor or a symbol. The Jehovah Witness consider the Biblical passages literal.
    Jesus is now worshiped all over the World today. IF many things go ''un-new'' under the Sun, then perhaps back then the Egyptians took the Cow as a literal thing too, as many do today, with other religious texts and the like.

Consider this for a moment. Everything has its own kind of ''Milk''... Trees produce their own milk, fruits, vegetation, bacteria... Everything its own ''milk'' if one were to look at it philosophically and see the congurence between literal cow milk production, and the ''milk'' production of the One Matter. Perhaps somewhere... Someone saw a connection but didn't want to spill the beans cold and dry... so they used allegories, poems, literature, illustrations, etc... Cow Milk, Jesus, Mary, Izanami & Izanagi... so much more, but to me its all congruent with each other at least in my mental eye.

If Izanagi and Izanami (Yin & Yang ??), as the myth goes, bore a child ''Raiden/Raijin'' wouldn't their creation, a baby, also need its own kind of ''milk''?

Just food for thought. I admire your research into Calcium.

Blog Entries
    Just food for thought. I admire your research into Calcium.
    Thanks. I do consider your point.

I recalled reading a bit about the meaning of milk in alchemy. I dug out the relevant book and by happy coincidence the bookmark was on the exact page on the subject.

Here's what alchemist Muhammad ibn Umail's Book of the Explanation of the Symbols has to say on the matter:

"The cinnabar is the sulphur and the mercury which is rarely found, and the red sulfur and vinegar mixed with honey. By that they meant the spirit and the soul being carried in the water. They also named it milk of a woman.

And it is the milk of the bitch, milk of an immaculate virgin, milk of the she-asses, milk of a male calf, milk of the female calf, milk of a pregnant animal, and with milks of euphorbia plants, milk of all animals, milk of the dragon, the milk of the asses, milk of the goat, the milk of every tree having milk, and the water of the tree of love. Every body is their water. And likewise they named their body with the name of every body, and a sea, hence waves, and stones, and seven idols. The water is the ferment of the body and the body is the ferment of the water and each one of them is a ferment to its companion, that means it improves its companion. Then they become one single dyeing dye."

Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    Consider this for a moment. Everything has its own kind of ''Milk''... Trees produce their own milk, fruits, vegetation, bacteria... Everything its own ''milk'' if one were to look at it philosophically and see the congurence between literal cow milk production, and the ''milk'' production of the One Matter. Perhaps somewhere... Someone saw a connection but didn't want to spill the beans cold and dry... so they used allegories, poems, literature, illustrations, etc... Cow Milk, Jesus, Mary, Izanami & Izanagi... so much more, but to me its all congruent with each other at least in my mental eye.
    Based on ibn Umail, I think you are on to something.

+ Reply to Thread