Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Orichalcum

Orichalcum

I have a theory about Orichalcum and why it was revered so much in ancient civilizations was not just because it was pretty but had something to do with gold alchemy itself.

Iím attempting to create my own batch of to do some experiments with which I plan to share some of my results of soon.

Before I begin to elaborate ( it will be a long thread with many posts from me) I was wondering how many have already worked with or made any experiments with it and if there are any insights you might want to share please reply to this thread.

Thank you so much for your input.

My theory of Orichalcum is based off the notion that microbes of various kinds are responsible for gold transmutation in nature and in Alchemy. Any prospector of gold knows that in order to find gold in nature one must look for indicator minerals one of those namely being pyrites. In fact almost any handful of dirt one can always find tiny mica flakes side by side tiny bits of gold the problem being usually the amount of gold per ton of dirt is usually too small to be worth extracting or too difficult.

But why do pyrites always occur near gold? What is a pyrite? A pyrite in nature is usually defined as a metallic substance that contains sulfides please refer to this it link gives a great explanation of what pyrites are: https://geology.com/minerals/pyrite.shtml

One pyrite of particular interest is chalcopyrite which is explained in this link: https://geology.com/minerals/chalcopyrite.shtml

It is also known as peacock’s ore which reminds me of the alchemy term “peacock’s tail” (like the oily residue found in many things I call philosophical gold it has a metallic rainbow sheen floats on water and near impossible to collect has the ability to become vapor like prana and in my theory may actually consist of certain gold producing microbes and can be found everywhere and in everything in small amounts (esp rain and rivers) but usually abundantly in whats called the oil of metals especially gold or red colloidal gold and when condensed called dragon’s blood)

Chalcopyrite is of course a pyrite and as mentioned pyrites are always found near gold and I have a theory that the reason why is because the sulfur in pyrites is a food source for the gold producing microbes, microbes that may work in tandem with each other to produce gold, microbes such as yeast (sacharromyces cervisiae) lacto bacillus strains such as bacillus cereus and the ones found in buttermilk https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/cg0255164 Acidivorans such as delftia acidivoran a type of thermophillic and acid loving microbe and ones found seeded in metals and located in wastewaters of metal refineries such as cupriavidus metallidurans.

These microbes found in nature (and our urine) and seeded in metals themselves may be responsible for transmutation they hunger for nitrates sulfur and acid and some even love igneous temperatures creating transmutation in as little as seconds or bread like beer and create gold from other metals in weeks.

My theory as to why pyrites are found near gold always and why they are far more abundant is because it is one of the precursors the microbes use to manufacture the gold, the end result gold being a more rare substance but this explains why mica and tiny bits of gold made by tiny microbes exist side by side in almost any handful of dirt. Also may have to do with why it’s appearance is so much like gold.

The metal Orichalcum was said to always have some amount of gold in it , it was unsure wether or not gold may have been an actual ingredient in the long lost Orichalcum recipe or just happened to be contained in the ore chalcopyrite that they mined to make it, they referred to the metal as “mountain copper” but it seems gold in some small amount could always be found in Orichalcum and I say they were side by side always due to microbial functions.

More on this subject soon to come!
    Last edited by LilacBlack; 04-26-2019 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Orichalcum may have been a name to reference any yellow colored metal made from copper. https://www.revolvy.com/page/Orichalcum

All metals contain a sulfur and thats probably what gives most things in nature it’s yellow colors.
    And copper happens to contain the most sulfur of any metal.

Mix copper with any mercurial colored metals (silver, iron, tin,zinc, nickel, lead) and you will get yellow copper.

The true fool might actually be the one who doesn’t consider the importance of the presence of pyrites.

Im starting to think that the Atlanteans may have somehow comixed the stone into the Orichalcum amalgam, and thats what gave it it’s red and green light glow and reflectiveness perhaps they did this so that the metal would be used later as a more readily available starting material. The Orichalcum alone however maybe could prove a good and more accessible starting material even without the stone redigested in it.

I'm conducting an experiment where I use a mixture of colloids of Copper, Iron, zinc tin and some small amounts of gold as gold leaf (disambiguated with electrolysis at 5v ac ) and fermented with bakers quick yeast for a couple weeks - This I am using as my starting material - I am going to bring this material to the black then white stage then digest it in an alkahest and then ferment with alchemical mercury in a sealed container on low heat for 40 days - the results I will share photos of, stay tuned

Blog Entries
    Sounds interesting!
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

I have not read this recipe before. It sounds interesting, Lilac. What kind of alchemical mercury do you use?

Mrs. Black - it is a recipe I deduced from logic, experience, and premonitions. A culmination of the multitude of things I have read about alchemy. As for my alchemical mercury, I hope you don’t mind and I thank you in advance that we can keep this as my only trade secret, however I can give a few clues,

the first being this: Glauber would agree with me that any salt of sulfur will work as alchemical mercury (aka sophick mercury and philosophical mercury) as they are all in the same chemical family of substances. And sulfur can be found in everything and everywhere - ahkem “pyrites”

And clue 2: Take Flamels sophick mercury for example ( mine is far easier to obtain though as it can be bought at almost any hardware store) iron sulfate is the key word here for this clue.

Clue 3: its smells vile at first then sweet later it can be extracted from many things especially urine but it is not urea, however people do use it to make their grass green.

Clue 4 : The green lion that ate the sun - the keyword here for your clue is “Ate”

If you figure it out please do not tell anyone just refer to them to the clues which I hopefully have made painfully obvious.

So I was finally able to complete a video of some sampling of my alchemical work with Orichalcum
    It includes how to make manna from vulgar metals and a recipe for an oil of metals.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...g_04DeC2ZnP7AA

Hi Lilac!

Very nice videos! You seem to be quite skilled technically and a fresh exception between all us male alchemy nerds!

There are many following Glauber's approaches though some think he had not been an adept.

Your work is impressive anyway!

Blog Entries
    Yes, nice videos!

Thanks for sharing them.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

+ Reply to Thread