Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plumenoekisches Werklein

Plumenoekisches Werklein

Maybe there is a chance that someone here can help me.

I'm searching for this book (see title of the thread).

It has been mentioned in the Compass of the Wise, the Annulus Platonis (the alleged "wrong") version of the Golden Chain of Homer and in the 6th and 7th grade instructons of the GuR as can be seen in the book by Bernhard Beyer.

These sources give the name "Damerion" as the author of this work.

Now it gets complicated. Schleiß von Löwenfeld tells us in his "Im Lichte der Wahrheit strahlenden..." that there is a Damerion, or "Minerino" (anagram) called "Jäger".

Schleiß himself used the pseudonym Carl Hubert Plumenoek for one of his other publications.

There exist at least one other and also very interesting work from this Damerion called "Abhandlung von den Meteoren", which was intented to be published as a print version too, which is also nowhere to be found.

However I could not find this Plumenoekisches Werklein anywhere. It must have been a very important book for the higher grades of the GuR.

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    I cannot find any references to that title. I've found Plumenoek in the places you listed.

Christopher McIntosh's "The Rose Cross and the Age of Reason - Eighteenth-Century Rosicrucianism in Central Europe" has many references to Plumenoek, in "The Alchemy of the Gold- Und Rosenkreuz" chapter, and specifically in "The Polemical Stance of the Gold- Und Rosenkreuz" chapter.

"One of the most articulate of these spokesmen was Carl Hubert Lobreich von Plumenoek, a name that is thought to be a pseudonym for one Carl Wächter, a Stuttgart advocate"

The anti-Außlärung point of view that we have seen expressed by Plumenoek and Chrysophiron is shared by another vociferous Rosicrucian writer, Dr Bernhard Joseph Schleiß von Löwenfeld, a physician to the ducal house at Sulzbach in the Upper Palatinate and, according to many sources, a leading member of the Gold- und Rosenkreuz.24 Under the name of Phoebron he wrote a short work entitled Der im Lichte der Wahrheit strahlende Rosenkreuzer, which appeared in 1782 as a reply to Magister Pianco's exposé of Rosicrucianism, Der Rosenkreuzer in seiner Blöße.

Hi, the text you looking for in Damerion, the text may have been published under another Ttitol, which is also indicated in a note in the aura chain of humerus, that is, the secret of the true atral dust of the alchemists is this work of damerion very interesting on cyan bacterial nostoc "alga" with regard to this also very precise and interesting operational indications and same operations was at the top of the ranks of the Asian fretelli and the templar priory of stark and the fradi of the rc path of the good shepherd of salvert de thoux and in Italian ce a publication with some translations of these text
    but also the text the astral dust of the alchemists is found digitized in the internet gooble books now I find link and i post

regards

alfr is right.

It's in this book by Schleiß von Löwenfels, which he published under the pseudonym Plumenoek. Maybe Greg's source is right too and it was Carl Wächter, not Schleiß.

Plumenoek

And it indeed really looks like that they used the actual nostoc. It is ordered to collect a matter that looks like smaragds, or calc vitriol, green to yellow looking in rocky grasslands before sunrise.

The GuR seemed to have taught exactly that in their 7th grade too.

Blog Entries
    Here's a quality copy of Geoffenbarter Einfluss in das allgemeine Wohl der Staaten der ächten Freymäurerey

Here's one for sale: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...68701057-_-bdp
    badly translated from the description:

"Provided clear and clear instruction to prepare the true Rosenkreutzer astral powder and for the benefit of the common essence to use almost all diseases "

That other nickname of Lowenfels, "Phoebron", mentioned by McIntosh shows up in the usual sources, including Beyer.

+ Reply to Thread