Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Plumenoekisches Werklein

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,151

    Plumenoekisches Werklein

    Maybe there is a chance that someone here can help me.

    I'm searching for this book (see title of the thread).

    It has been mentioned in the Compass of the Wise, the Annulus Platonis (the alleged "wrong") version of the Golden Chain of Homer and in the 6th and 7th grade instructons of the GuR as can be seen in the book by Bernhard Beyer.

    These sources give the name "Damerion" as the author of this work.

    Now it gets complicated. Schleiß von Löwenfeld tells us in his "Im Lichte der Wahrheit strahlenden..." that there is a Damerion, or "Minerino" (anagram) called "Jäger".

    Schleiß himself used the pseudonym Carl Hubert Plumenoek for one of his other publications.

    There exist at least one other and also very interesting work from this Damerion called "Abhandlung von den Meteoren", which was intented to be published as a print version too, which is also nowhere to be found.

    However I could not find this Plumenoekisches Werklein anywhere. It must have been a very important book for the higher grades of the GuR.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    229
    Blog Entries
    35
    I cannot find any references to that title. I've found Plumenoek in the places you listed.

    Christopher McIntosh's "The Rose Cross and the Age of Reason - Eighteenth-Century Rosicrucianism in Central Europe" has many references to Plumenoek, in "The Alchemy of the Gold- Und Rosenkreuz" chapter, and specifically in "The Polemical Stance of the Gold- Und Rosenkreuz" chapter.

    "One of the most articulate of these spokesmen was Carl Hubert Lobreich von Plumenoek, a name that is thought to be a pseudonym for one Carl Wächter, a Stuttgart advocate"

    The anti-Außlärung point of view that we have seen expressed by Plumenoek and Chrysophiron is shared by another vociferous Rosicrucian writer, Dr Bernhard Joseph Schleiß von Löwenfeld, a physician to the ducal house at Sulzbach in the Upper Palatinate and, according to many sources, a leading member of the Gold- und Rosenkreuz.24 Under the name of Phoebron he wrote a short work entitled Der im Lichte der Wahrheit strahlende Rosenkreuzer, which appeared in 1782 as a reply to Magister Pianco's exposé of Rosicrucianism, Der Rosenkreuzer in seiner Blöße.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    352
    Hi, the text you looking for in Damerion, the text may have been published under another Ttitol, which is also indicated in a note in the aura chain of humerus, that is, the secret of the true atral dust of the alchemists is this work of damerion very interesting on cyan bacterial nostoc "alga" with regard to this also very precise and interesting operational indications and same operations was at the top of the ranks of the Asian fretelli and the templar priory of stark and the fradi of the rc path of the good shepherd of salvert de thoux and in Italian ce a publication with some translations of these text
    but also the text the astral dust of the alchemists is found digitized in the internet gooble books now I find link and i post

    regards

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,151
    alfr is right.

    It's in this book by Schleiß von Löwenfels, which he published under the pseudonym Plumenoek. Maybe Greg's source is right too and it was Carl Wächter, not Schleiß.

    Plumenoek

    And it indeed really looks like that they used the actual nostoc. It is ordered to collect a matter that looks like smaragds, or calc vitriol, green to yellow looking in rocky grasslands before sunrise.

    The GuR seemed to have taught exactly that in their 7th grade too.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    229
    Blog Entries
    35
    Here's a quality copy of Geoffenbarter Einfluss in das allgemeine Wohl der Staaten der ächten Freymäurerey

    Here's one for sale: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...68701057-_-bdp
    badly translated from the description:

    "Provided clear and clear instruction to prepare the true Rosenkreutzer astral powder and for the benefit of the common essence to use almost all diseases "

    That other nickname of Lowenfels, "Phoebron", mentioned by McIntosh shows up in the usual sources, including Beyer.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Sonnenstein
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Maybe there is a chance that someone here can help me.

    I'm searching for this book (see title of the thread).

    It has been mentioned in the Compass of the Wise, the Annulus Platonis (the alleged "wrong") version of the Golden Chain of Homer and in the 6th and 7th grade instructons of the GuR as can be seen in the book by Bernhard Beyer.

    These sources give the name "Damerion" as the author of this work.

    Now it gets complicated. Schleiß von Löwenfeld tells us in his "Im Lichte der Wahrheit strahlenden..." that there is a Damerion, or "Minerino" (anagram) called "Jäger".

    Schleiß himself used the pseudonym Carl Hubert Plumenoek for one of his other publications.

    There exist at least one other and also very interesting work from this Damerion called "Abhandlung von den Meteoren", which was intented to be published as a print version too, which is also nowhere to be found.

    However I could not find this Plumenoekisches Werklein anywhere. It must have been a very important book for the higher grades of the GuR.

    Any ideas?
    Hi Florius
    As other said, it is indeed the cited book about freemasons. Did you look for the first part, or for the actual part of the astral powder? It is my first work in alchemy, as i started my lab i walked out of the lab's door and on the garden ground i saw something like 4 kg of that matter so i started working it several times.
    If that was your interest, then you should also check on same matter: Louis Grassot la lumiere tiree du chaos.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by Argento Vivo View Post
    It is my first work in alchemy, as i started my lab i walked out of the lab's door and on the garden ground i saw something like 4 kg of that matter so i started working it several times.
    Were you able to accomplish anything worthwhile?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Argento Vivo View Post
    Hi Florius
    As other said, it is indeed the cited book about freemasons. Did you look for the first part, or for the actual part of the astral powder? It is my first work in alchemy, as i started my lab i walked out of the lab's door and on the garden ground i saw something like 4 kg of that matter so i started working it several times.
    If that was your interest, then you should also check on same matter: Louis Grassot la lumiere tiree du chaos.
    Hi!

    Thanks, like I had been written in my last post in this thread, I found the texts in the meantime. So you read german fraktur?

    Which of the above mentioned instructions are you referring to exactly?

    Never have I seen 4kg of Nostoc anywhere, you must be quite lucky. On the other hand, it must be very rainy where you live.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Sonnenstein
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Were you able to accomplish anything worthwhile?
    Hello Schmuldvich,
    Yes there is a whole group here working the matter (maybe not all of the group, but yea). The problem in the work is to get enough salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Hi!

    Thanks, like I had been written in my last post in this thread, I found the texts in the meantime. So you read german fraktur?

    Which of the above mentioned instructions are you referring to exactly?

    Never have I seen 4kg of Nostoc anywhere, you must be quite lucky. On the other hand, it must be very rainy where you live.
    Hi Florius,
    I do read german fraktur, 60% of my books are german 1500-1700's.
    -What do you mean about the "above instructions"?
    It actually is one of driest place in italy, we have water problems, but dew and the like are always here, the place is full of life.
    Have you guys worked on it?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,151
    The original matter, that for example the GuR used (Paracelsius mentioned as "Sternenrotze" and Fulcanelli rigourosly rejected), is only visible in landscapes after a rainy night. When the first rays of the sun appear, the Nostoc collapses in such a degree that it's practically invisible.

    Some people -like Fulcanelli- because of those above mentioned qualities consider the Nostoc to be only a Deckname for another substance the alchemists used.

    Plumenoek and his GuRC have actual detailed instructions on how to work with the actual algae (cyanobacteria). Of course you could also produce your own cyanobacteria (related, but not exactly the same species) like I did here:

    http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...cal-Water-Work

    On a side note for the fans of symbols, allegories and correspondencies: Cyanobacteria use a very short and direct way of using the energy of the sun..

    But maybe we talk about different things altogether. What of the above is it exactly you and your group are working on?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts