Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Above & Below WHAT?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleridgean View Post
    Andro - why that would be the figure-8 version of the Ouroboros, except in the three-dimensional form of a special alembic.

X Marks The Spot

It's the perfect representation of conjunction - or maybe a "chiasmus". The true cross-product of the alembic - the axis mundi as a pole through the center, stemming both ways from the punctum saliens. Wayy more interesting looking than my Tesla coil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleridgean View Post
    stemming both ways from the punctum saliens.
    We could say that this "Punctum Saliens" is what I'd suggest as the reference point for "Above" & "Below". Universally, with all its implications, not just alembic-wise.

Some researchers refer to it as the "Zero Point" - not because it's "nothing", but because it has no spacial coordinates and is therefore immeasurable.

BTW way, if you studied Tesla, you may know how he felt about "electrons"

Blog Entries
    Microcosm and macrocosm are lenses created by man for man to perceive his reality.
    Big and small are concepts that only exist for man to identify perceive and interact with reality.

There is no above and no below, the separation of them is fictional, created by mans need to identify one part of his reality from another . hence
    as above so below, because there is no difference between them, they are the same, the microcosm and macrocosm.

There is no distance or space between you and the stars you observe, and the atoms in the stones beneath your feet.
    Space is an illusion for separating matter ( energy/information ) in order to interact with it a physical level.
    Like time its a scale we created to measure reality so we can interact with it.
    Last edited by Kibric; 1 Week Ago at 12:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Get a room.
    Join us and it would be fun.

Anyway... Seeing the "this" posts reminded me of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vajra#Symbolism

The “zero point”, the compression of the extremes into a singularity: “mana” (what is it)
    The answer and question, “what is it? What am I? What is matter/energy/consciousness/existence/etc)
    Incomprehensible is the Ain Soph, the Elohim - plurality as a singularity, paradoxical and complete.

Lol what is it, indeed.

~Seth-Ra
    All is One.
    Before Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

What do you think is in, above, below, behind or beyond the X?

According to the Tabula, obviously that which is above, is like which is below. Sounds like a short circuit. But when it's all equal anyway, why is there a need for the X in the first place?

Last edited by Florius Frammel; 1 Week Ago at 07:02 AM.

I don't know if this helps anyone or adds anything of value to the discussion but I was reading and I felt it was relevant to this thread. Maybe someone else will have better luck understanding than I have. Also I do not know the accuracy of this translation below, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Non Plus Ultra Veritatis
    Chapter 11
    What is the Intention of the Wise Man with this Subject?

The intent of the wise man in our work is non other than to multiply the nature of fire in our subject, so that our Philosopher's Stone may be most perfect, for it must be pure fire and can be nothing other than fire. When Hermes speaks of the element below, he means the common type of fire that can be found every day in our cooking ovens. And when he speaks of the upper fire, he means the type that comes down in the rays of the sun and which is in the sun itself. This type of fire is quite volatile eats away at everything and destroys by dissolving all things into the air, where nature will capture it in a watery body of congealed air and dry earth. This body is the salt of all things that is formed from the congealed water through the power of fire in the innermost heart of this closed body.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 1 Week Ago at 03:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    that which is above, is like which is below. Sounds like a short circuit. But when it's all equal anyway, why is there a need for the X in the first place?
    Because "like" implies similarity, which is not the same as 'equal".

The X is a graphic simplification of the concept.

The center point/punctum saliens/zero point/ is the Ground Zero of both emergence & return. It's the Center that is 'everywhere' within a Circumference that is 'nowhere'. Etc...

FF, have you read the book I recommended to you about aether physics and magnetism? (BTW, before it was called 'physics', it was called 'natural philosophy')

That book (the last revision) came out in 2014. I read it shortly after it came out, and it really opened my mind about the way we are conditioned to perceive the workings of nature.

HERE is a link to the free PDF (the book was always free to download). Even if one understands less than 10% of it, it's still a big win

+ Reply to Thread