Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Key to Internal Alchemy

Eshai: ?

The point of the tummo practice is to attempt to generate the internal heat and transform the vital essence. Not one person here has attempted what I put down did they?
    Was the description of the Valsalva maneuver and partial Valsalva confusing ?
    Formerly known as Avaar186.

Blog Entries
    Can I be honest? You're pretty much doing the self-appointed guru thing. You're actually expecting people to stop what they are doing and follow you down your rabbit hole, and take your instruction. Because you wrote some things on the internet. This is after describing your mental breakdowns and living in your car. I've read your posts a couple of times, I'm not sure what the "up-side" is to your path? Being able to claim secret knowledge on a forum?

No you're right. Self appointed guru. Shame on me. My bad.
    Last edited by Avatar; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    The point of the tummo practice is to attempt to generate the internal heat and transform the vital essence. Not one person here has attempted what I put down did they?
    Was the description of the Valsalva maneuver and partial Valsalva confusing ?
    Maybe that's the problem with Wim Hof (whose method seems to work, otherwise he would probably freeze)... But the Tummo practice is, in the long run, something that only makes sense in the context of a set of other practices that simply have the aim of getting away of the illusion. If you are strictly talking about Buddhism, then the point can only be related to the four noble truths.

Last edited by Andro; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:17 PM. Reason: Video insert fix.

Zoas23: The Wim Hof method does work for what it is. He will increase his heart rate significantly. exhaling with pursed lips most definitely acts as a partial Valsalva.
    However the back pressure will be kept in the head. He even teaches to hold the breath and squeeze the head.
    He is very close. I would love to correct his method.
    He has essentially 1 full half. However All that back pressure is being kept in the head like a trumpet player.
    An the squeezing the head is close, but squeezing isn't what needs to be done. An not just in the head.
    In Buddhism this would be the path that allows you to reach natural celibacy quickly. So that you may use sexual activity to quicken enlightenment.
    Like I had said, when done, and vitality multiplied. One of the first things you'll experience afterwords during meditation is overwhelming bliss. This bliss washes away inhibition and emotional inclination. You become equal hearted, equal minded. desire and aversion become balanced. An thus you have choice.

An yes. I would be a self appointed guru. However I use science to back up my method. Math, anatomy, physiology.
    Observation,Hypothesis, experimentation, theory. More testing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    Zoas23: The Wim Hof method does work for what it is. He will increase his heart rate significantly. exhaling with pursed lips most definitely acts as a partial Valsalva.
    However the back pressure will be kept in the head. He even teaches to hold the breath and squeeze the head.
    He is very close. I would love to correct his method.
    He has essentially 1 full half. However All that back pressure is being kept in the head like a trumpet player.
    An the squeezing the head is close, but squeezing isn't what needs to be done. An not just in the head.
    In Buddhism this would be the path that allows you to reach natural celibacy quickly. So that you may use sexual activity to quicken enlightenment.
    Like I had said, when done, and vitality multiplied. One of the first things you'll experience afterwords during meditation is overwhelming bliss. This bliss washes away inhibition and emotional inclination. You become equal hearted, equal minded. desire and aversion become balanced. An thus you have choice.

An yes. I would be a self appointed guru. However I use science to back up my method. Math, anatomy, physiology.
    Observation,Hypothesis, experimentation, theory. More testing.
    Does your method eliminates or diminishes the refractory period?

Yes.
    An I just complete initial of mantra/yantra/tantra.
    I knew all the eastern aspects of it. However who knew there was actually a western genius who reflected and pioneered the same practice. I mean the how it works, why it works, how it already exists in everyone. I mean he created an entier field in the west. It's actually popular. If I said the name you would recognize and scoff. However he taught mantra/yantra/yantra and gave away all the secrets. So that field of knowledge is now complete. I still got more of his studies to research and contemplate. However see, the cat is outta the bag.
    Ha, no taking it back now. lol.
    without the eye if a lynx you will fall into delusion.
    Paradigms change, reality stays the same. What works works, no matter the paradigm used to find it.
    This dudes information is a living beings works written. An explains mantra yantra and Tantra practice perfectly in western terms.
    Fuck dude. I was blown away. Cause he doesn't connect it in that way, I saw the correlation myself. Engineering and architecture get along.

This thread is wild! So many things to cover it seems like it may be buried in the internet grave at this point but... Something was buzzing me to return here after some months of being busy and this gem is sitting here lol!!

From my experience, Avaar186 or Avatar seems like he is being genuine. He is excited and sincere about something that happened to him, imo experience is the great teacher and it appears from his long posts that he has had some interesting experiences through his practice.

I try to refrain from going too deep into the whole semen,blood,water,ojas,etc. stuff with people especially since most of the world is Westernized and IMO Westerners (this coming from a white christian kid from socal) have trouble with subjects like Sex and celibacy and that has lead to much of the fascination with Tantra and as a sort of consequence Yoga and most if not all of the Eastern Traditions. Hinduism, Buddhism and these kinds of things are extremely hard for Western minds to swallow and IMO due to this a lot of practices like meditation, breathing, yoga etc. can lead people to be disillusioned or disenchanted or something like that. When you start adding in the Hindu gods and all it gets sketchy for people fast.

Zou huo ru mo or 'qigong deviation/error' is a Chinese-culture concept traditionally used to indicate that something has gone wrong in spiritual or martial arts training. The term has traditionally been applied to indicate that something has gone wrong in one's martial arts training, interpreted as "imbalance of qi (life energy)".

In more recent history, the term has been applied to refer to undesirable somatic or psychological effects experienced during or after the practice of the broad range of Chinese self-cultivation exercises known as qigong. Most cases do not last for an extended period of time, and are never brought to medical attention.
    When the Western medical community encountered abnormal conditions presenting in patients practicing qigong, they used the term "Qi-gong psychotic reaction" and classified the disorder as a culture-bound syndrome in the 4th edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-IV) of the American Psychiatric Association. It is described as

a term describing an acute, time-limited episode characterized by disassociative, paranoid, or other psychotic or non-psychotic symptoms that may occur after participation in the Chinese folk health-enhancing practice of qigong. Especially vulnerable are individuals who become overly involved in the practice.

So when you hear cautions against practicing pranayama, meditation , wim hoff method, can we call it the Avatar186 method? lol they are not without merit

I do not mean to imply that Avatar you are suffering from Qigong deviation so I mean no offense and in your defense you say clearly that no belief is needed

There are a few things going on here though in one sentence you say "screw Qigong" and then in the next "You want pure qigong I can teach you how to do the taji" that one made me laugh for real - but it really makes me wonder who your teacher is? I think its time to reveal who you learned from, even if you think people will scoff at him his teaching were legit right? so fuck them.

I think I would like to clear some things up though. If you talk about things like Celibacy and Sexual Stimulation as these two things are opposite it can lead to a lot of confusion.

So in my class I would instruct you like I would a pro Boxer or pro MMA fighter (which I also do full time) to not have sex for 90 days before your fight. In the case of a Tai Chi student we call it the 90 day Guarantee, where for 90 days you abstain from sex (honestly we just try to tell people not to practice at least 3 days after having sex) and in those 90 days you will be developing your internals not just muscles. It really is that simple, women weaken the legs!! lol

This is where the Alchemy happens, why our school is named Internal Nourishment School and where theoretically you start to work with substances inside the body. this is where I follow my teachers favorite saying KISS keep it simple stupid

It is actually pretty simple or at least I will attempt to make it simple

These three forces (ojas, tejas and prana) are interrelated. Prana and tejas are rooted in ojas and can be regarded as aspects of ojas. Tejas is the heat and light energy of ojas that has an oily quality and, like ghee can sustain a flame. Prana is the energy and strength that comes from ojas after it has been kindled into tejas. Ojas proper is the potential, the stamina of the mind and nervous system for holding tejas and prana. Ojas has the capacity to turn into tejas (heat), which has the capacity to turn into prana (electricity).

Notice here that Ojas has many aspects but I would like to point out "the stamina of the mind--- for holding prana." Ever notice how after busting a nut or having an Orgasm that you feel like a zombie for sure for the next day, maybe two or three days, but in the teachings it takes at least 30 days of the consumption of food to restore just a partial amount of the Ojas lost after the loss of semen. Also notice how hungry you are after having a good Orgasm?

So to be a little blunt and simple even though it takes away understanding semen is a part of Ojas and the stamina in the body is lost after semen emission and the stamina in the mind and body lost causes you to not be able to retain the prana in your body. So these vital fluids in the body phlegm, semen, blood, water etc.

There are many breathing methods, everyone wants to claim to have the one, Bodhidharma was said to have developed over 800 different methods. I wouldn't call the partial valsalva or full combined with one or another method better or superior to another or holding the breath at the beginning or ending of a breath, breathing in with the stomach pushed out or breathing in with the stomach pushed in, all these methods there are so many and people can become hung up on all these things, your mind is clouded with doing all these methods and doing this and feeling that. All these methods or keys are just to unblock the pathways the energy flows on.

I think everyone can benefit from not having sex for a few weeks, doing some exercise, eating healthy food and during that time dedicating some time and focus on a sustained breathing practice. That is literally why I became a Qi gong teacher, because the benefits are really profound when you experience them yourself under the right teacher. When I started Tai Chi kung fu I was lucky to have such a teacher and he quickly with these kinds of methods healed the Asthma that had been afflicting me since I was born. My lungs felt a real and tangible increase in strength, I nearly died a few times from Asthma attacks, the increased vitality, life force, virility it is all a bi product of living right and the doing the rest.

Blog Entries
    Notice here that Ojas has many aspects but I would like to point out "the stamina of the mind--- for holding prana." Ever notice how after busting a nut or having an Orgasm that you feel like a zombie for sure for the next day, maybe two or three days, but in the teachings it takes at least 30 days of the consumption of food to restore just a partial amount of the Ojas lost after the loss of semen. Also notice how hungry you are after having a good Orgasm?

So to be a little blunt and simple even though it takes away understanding semen is a part of Ojas and the stamina in the body is lost after semen emission and the stamina in the mind and body lost causes you to not be able to retain the prana in your body. So these vital fluids in the body phlegm, semen, blood, water etc.
    This is true but also the opposite is true. Sex can help create and retain prana. In Taoism and Hinduism there are methods, some of them taboo.
    Essentially a man can feed off a womans limitless sexually energy, and a man feeding from lots of different women is full of yang.
    These methods appear in early Chuan Taoism. There was a sort of divide between Taoists, those who thought ejaculation wastes energy and those who thought it could increase energy. The latter pointed out that monks who didn't have sex and sat still breathing all day, developed little red dots on they're bodies a sign of cultivating yin,
    not yang which was seen as the moving living energy. Bo Yang the father of Taoism introduced sex magick and endorsed it, some of his followers had different thoughts.
    They cited the detrimental affects of lots of sex as a sign it was the wrong path.
    There are benefits to abstinence and also risks.There are benefits to sex and also risks. Moderation was the key, some how unable to resonate with some monks,
    who wanted lots of sex and those who wanted none.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    This is true but also the opposite is true. Sex can help create and retain prana. In Taoism and Hinduism there are methods, some of them taboo.
    Essentially a man can feed off a womans limitless sexually energy, and a man feeding from lots of different women is full of yang.
    These methods appear in early Chuan Taoism. There was a sort of divide between Taoists, those who thought ejaculation wastes energy and those who thought it could increase energy. The latter pointed out that monks who didn't have sex and sat still breathing all day, developed little red dots on they're bodies a sign of cultivating yin,
    not yang which was seen as the moving living energy. Bo Yang the father of Taoism introduced sex magick and endorsed it, some of his followers had different thoughts.
    They cited the detrimental affects of lots of sex as a sign it was the wrong path.
    There are benefits to abstinence and also risks.There are benefits to sex and also risks. Moderation was the key, some how unable to resonate with some monks,
    who wanted lots of sex and those who wanted none.
    Yes Kibric,I agree with you and this area of study because of its taboo nature has received the wrong kind of attention. My teacher would always say something like this -

"You have to get the poison out, when you do it feels good and there is a great release it can clear the mind from perversions. But the poison also needs to be churned before it can be turned into amrit."

So let it go, keep it in - 100% Agree moderation depending on the innate nature of the person - for some people sex can be a great tool, it can open up some of those trapped energy the ones that get stuck and tend to clog everything up. For others the opposite is true. I try to take the middle path - balance is best imo

I would like to however discuss the topic just for the sake of transparency. I would explain something like this

Sexual stimulation - squeezing the internal organs associated with sexual intercourse
    similar to the Three Bandhas

These images should show a similar practice to what I mean if you were to here me say in a class setting Sexual Stimulation - I think most people hear Sexual Stimulation and think Tantra and Yab Yum due to those practices over popularity.

There is a argument to be had and I think this is where the divide in the Taoist circles come from.

For example in Tibetan ritual magic, a high priest might ejaculate into a cup then pass his semen down to the lesser priests and have them add to the cup until a large oblation cup is filled. Partaking of this cup would presumably fill the aspirant with all of the combined energy of the temple.

(IMO this is fucked up stuff) I think if people were to associate Tibet, the Dalai Lama, Buddhism etc. with this kind of practice which is one of many of this kind of ritual, it would probably be the end for them and their kind.

+ Reply to Thread