Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Phonetic Cabala

The Phonetic Cabala

So lets get started shall we?
    Peace and LVX

Frater L.R.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRetilus View Post
    So lets get started shall we?
    Hi Leo

Here is an old thread from Solomon that you may have missed. : )

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...honetic-cabala

Well I want a new one... is that ok?, I have quite different method/ approach, suffice it to say that I have something to say that is uniquely my own, in my own understanding.
    I think that fort he most part you will thank me for it in the end......
    Peace and LVX

Frater L.R.

Well I want a new one... is that ok?, I have quite different method/ approach, suffice it to say that I have something to say that is uniquely my own, in my own understanding.
    OK by me.

I'm looking forward to it ....

Thanks in advance.

I think the french language is most suitable for this. The pronounciations can be polished in quite some ways, compared to the written word.

I see this as a similar kind of method like the I Ching, or the Tarot for example. Where you actively have to put sense in the emblems, sentences, words on your own.

Sometimes this may have been used on purpose as well, for example as some kind of special humor, mnemonics, or help for illiterites. I like the examples from Fulcanelli for example the "Lion d'Or"/"lit on dort".

So Jacob's bed in this emblem could be your screen name in the phonetic cabala:

Some say it's not enlightening to let cards, or other things tell you what to do. Others say that in the end the answer comes from the interpretation of interplay between the concious and unconcious mind and therefore is less determined from "outside forces". Again others disagree and think the message comes from somewhere else.
    And others don't care at all and prefer a black box kind of explanations as long as the method is working.
    Eventually some think this is nonsense and not based on any kind of reliable information at all.

What do you think?

There are some other threads where this topic is discussed, but thanks for starting this one Leo!

Hi friend very good

I'm looking forward to it

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    I think the french language is most suitable for this. The pronounciations can be polished in quite some ways, compared to the written word.

I see this as a similar kind of method like the I Ching, or the Tarot for example. Where you actively have to put sense in the emblems, sentences, words on your own.

Sometimes this may have been used on purpose as well, for example as some kind of special humor, mnemonics, or help for illiterites. I like the examples from Fulcanelli for example the "Lion d'Or"/"lit on dort".

So Jacob's bed in this emblem could be your screen name in the phonetic cabala:

Some say it's not enlightening to let cards, or other things tell you what to do. Others say that in the end the answer comes from the interpretation of interplay between the concious and unconcious mind and therefore is less determined from "outside forces". Again others disagree and think the message comes from somewhere else.
    And others don't care at all and prefer a black box kind of explanations as long as the method is working.
    Eventually some think this is nonsense and not based on any kind of reliable information at all.

What do you think?

There are some other threads where this topic is discussed, but thanks for starting this one Leo!
    Yes we will be working with the french but also the Greek and the Latin, and also to help the associations you speak of we will be incorporating The Green Langauge/ Langauge of The Birds and especially the etymology of words.
    Peace and LVX

Frater L.R.

From Fulcanelli Dwellings:

HERMETIC CABALA
    Alchemy is obscure only because it is hidden. The philosophers who wanted to transmit
    the exposition of their doctrine and the fruit of their labors to posterity took great care not
    to divulge the art by presenting it under a common form s that the layman could not
    misuse it. Thus, because of the difficulty one has of understanding it, because of the
    mystery of its enigmas and of the opacity of its parables, the science has come to be shut
    up among reveries, illusions, and chimeras.
    In fact these sepia-toned old books are not easily penetrated. To try to read them the way
    we read ours would be a mistake. Nevertheless, the first impression we receive from
    them, as strange and confusing as it may seem, remains vibrant and persuasive. Beyond
    the allegorical language and the abundance of ambiguous nomenclature, we fathom in
    them this ray of truth, this profound conviction born from certain facts, duly observed,
    and which owe nothing to the whimsical speculations of pure imagination.
    Pretty much self explanatory, right? We all know these works are enegmatic and alomost require an adept/ masters guidance to help us read and comprehend. After all years upon years built upon previous paradigms, mnemonics, allegories and anagrams, for the most part incomprehensible without at least a primer..correct? And it it exactly what we will find...our own Rosetta Stone!!

Time, which ruins and devours human work, has not spread the old hermetic language.
    Indifference, ignorance, and oblivion have completed the disintegrating action of
    centuries. Nevertheless, one could not maintain that it has been lost completely; a few
    initiates preserve its rules and know how to make advantage of the resources it offers in
    the transmission of secret truths or use it as a mnemonic key to teaching

Here is will say for our purposes because our aim here is to solely uncover the secret matter of the sages, the prima matera, the matter/magnet of the wise, we will stick with the actually "CA" Bala....Why? Because we knwo we seek a secret fire, a heavenly fire and as you the reader will see in all I will provide through phonetics, allegorical stroies, etc....that this singular indwelling fire comes none other than from the phoenetic greek Khi- "X" Rho symbol of Christ, the light....Spiritus Mundi

Wasn't to Emperor Constantine that a voice opened up the the Heavans and proclaimed.....In Hoc Signo Vinces......Under this sign thou shall conquer
    Without completely abandoning these linguistic artifices, the old masters, in the
    composition of their treatises, used hermetic cabala above all, which they also called the
    language of the birds, of the gods, the gay science, or the gay knowledge (23). In this
    manner they were able to hide from the common people the principles of their science by
    clothing them with a cabalistic cloak. This is an indisputable and well-known fact. But
    what people are generally unaware of is that the idiom from which the authors borrowed
    their terms is archaic Greek, the mother tongue according to the majority of Hermes
    disciples. The reason why we do not notice the cabalistic intervention owes precisely to
    the fact that French comes directly from the Greek. Consequently, all the words chosen in
    our language to define certain secrets have their orthographic or phonetic Greek
    equivalents, and it suffices to know them well to immediately discover their exact
    reestablished meanings. For, if French is truly Hellenic as to its basis, its meaning
    became modified in the course of centuries as it went further from its source and before
    the radical transformation that the Renaissance had it undergo --- decadence hidden under
    the name of reform.
    The imposition of hidden Greek words under corresponding French terms of a similar
    texture but of amore or less corrupted meaning allows the investigator to easily penetrate
    the intimate thought of the masters and gives him the key to the hermetic sanctuary. We
    have used this means after the example of the ancients, and we will frequently have
    recourse to it in the analysis of the symbolic works, bequeathed to us by our ancestors.
    The language of the birds is a phonetic idiom solely based on assonance. Therefore,
    spelling, whose very rigorousness serves as a check for curious minds and which renders
    unacceptable any speculation realized outside the rules of grammar, is not taken into
    account. "I am only attached to useful things", says St Gregory in the 6th century in a
    letter which serves as a preface to his Morals, "without caring about style or the use of
    prepositions or endings, since it is not worthy of a Christian to subject the words of the
    Scriptures to the rules of grammar". This means that the sense of sacred books is not
    literal and that it is essential to know how to recover their spirit through cabalistic
    interpretation, as is the custom for understanding alchemical works. The rare authors who
    have spoken of the language of the birds give it first place in the origin of languages. Its
    antiquity would go back to Adam who, according to the command of god, would have
    used it to impose suitable names, appropriate to define the characteristics of created
    beings and things.
    However, this secret, universal, indefinite language, in spite of the importance and the
    truth of its expression, is in reality of Greek origin and genius, as our author teaches us in
    his History of the Birds. He has some very old oak trees speak --- an allusion to the
    language which the Druids used ( [*78-1] --- Druidai, from [*78-2] --- Drys, oak) --- in
    this manner: "Think of the oak trees which we feel you are looking at: it is we who are
    speaking to you, and if you are astonished that we speak the language used in the world
    whence you come, know that our first fathers are natives of it. They lived in Epire, in the
    forest of Dodona, where their natural goodness moved them to give oracles to the
    afflicted people who consulted them. For this purpose, they had learned the Greek
    language, the most universal then in existence, so as to be understood". Hermetic cabala
    was known in Egypt, at least by the priestly caste, as shown by the invocation of the
    Leyden Papyrus: "I invoke you, the most powerful of gods who has created everything,
    you born of yourself, who sees everything, without being seen... I invoke you under the
    name you possess in the language of the birds, in that of hieroglyphics, in that of the
    Jews, in that of the Egyptians, in that of the cynocephales... in that of the sparrow hawks,
    in the hieratic language". We also find this idiom among the Incas, sovereigns of Peru
    until the time of the Spanish conquest; the ancient writers called it lengua general
    (universal language), and lengua cortesana (language of the court), that is, diplomatic
    language, since it contains a double meaning corresponding to a double science, one
    apparent, the other profound ( [*78-3] diple, double, and [*78-4], mathe, science). "The
    cabala", says Abbot Perroquet (28), "was an introduction to the study of all sciences".
    I will say and this is very important....that aside from assonance the Green Language is also one that transcends speech and writing entirely, I mean how was it that Adam named all the animals, without a system of speech writing? It stands to reason there must be a deeper form of knowing, almost to the very subconsious level that allows a method for naming....it seems that many tongues came to the name abba for father and mama for mother, because when a baby is born as soon as it can make a sound calls them out......
    but for us it will form a sort of naming that , how can I put this....in kindergarten you used flash cards and pictograms or pictures of objects, so for us the very image of a subject cause for its naming in the cabalic sense. Especially and as I said above where it is indicative of spiritual fire, and resembled the X ,khi, either in form, function,appearance, assonance, etc...

Let me give an example we all know the symbol for niter or saltpeter, a star..and here we are guided by the very celestial agriculture...the gal/gala....galaxy is in the milky way, which give the lac viginis of mothers milk annd the pilgramage that lead the way of St James De Compostella....Compost and stella, meaning to make a compost for the stars to bathe in
    not an actual pilgramage but one lead by the sea that hovers over our heads, and guided by The Pole Star, located in the constillation of The Bear , so look now here plainly and see the Langauge of The Birds.....The Oursin ,or Echinichis symbolic outwardly now here in form as a radiating star!! Gets the honor of a "CA" balic naming origin and is one of the secret we must uncover on our way to discovering the secret matter

Now we are only steps away from uncovering the secret matter.......
    Last edited by LeoRetilus; 05-19-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    Peace and LVX

Frater L.R.

On this subject as commented here I would highly recommend reading, "Oracles of the Dead, Ancient Techniques for Predicting the Future," by Robert Temple. Eye opening especially language of the birds.

So now we have the echeneis....

This isle another image of the hermetic fish, born from the sea of the Sages ---
    our mercury that Hermes calls mare patens --- the pilot fish of the Work, the first solid
    state of the embryonic stone. Some have called it echeneis, according to legend, held
    back and fixed the largest of ships, the dolphin, whose head we see emerging in our basrelief, possesses just as positive a meaning. Its Greek name, [*312-1] (delphis), indicates
    the matrix, and no one ignores that philosophers call mercury the receptacle and matrix of
    the stone.
    Now it isn't hard to see an urchin and be able to draw for ourselves a synonym...... not a word,but an image synonym? What in nature resembles an urchin in tis radiating structure and be sure known to us and the philsophers and their naming conventions might have acquires as well an cabalic name? It was as Fulcanelli that says the cat, makes sure the hard ca sound or ca sound in "ch" is present in its name. That it was the whiskers in the shape of the greek chi.."X" that gave it is name....(but what about the horse...ca-ballo, and here we have the allegories of The Hippocrene Fountain that the mighty Pegasus seems to have landed on Mt Helicon and dislodged with his back hoof a curious kind of stone from which flows a water that does not wet the hands...) But here we will continue our studies and leave the Caballo for the later mounting and riding that you the chevailer must undergo.....

So from urchin we get to, by resemblance....

to

Thistle...which is in french "Chardon" ....conforms to phonetic cabala? I should so say both in name and appearance of the green langauge and in a moment we will uncover the final clue, we are now only one step away from the matter of the wise......

Anybody know why these pictures aren't showing up?
    Last edited by Andro; 05-19-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Peace and LVX

Frater L.R.

+ Reply to Thread