Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Breeding

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Most people are addicted to alcohol, tobacco, gambling, sex, power, ego or money... not drugs.
    Through in prescription ("legal") drugs and the ratio may shift significantly.

Very few are addicted to freedom.
    Are you? And what is "freedom", anyway?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Are you? And what is "freedom", anyway?
    Yes, I would say feeling and being sovereign has been the theme/aim of my life... and although we are all somwhat slaves to things, some people are more slaves than others... and I strive to live in the latter category. Then we can discuss the "afterlife" and what freedom means there, but I feel this thread is grounded in this "physical" realm.

Freedom is another word for liberty or liberation... and the lack of rulers, leaders, rules or laws... as well as "peace" and "harmony".

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Most people are addicted to alcohol, tobacco, gambling, sex, power, ego or money... not drugs.
    What about food? In North America, obesity and the cascade of health problems attributable to it, and the cost to the system is a far greater problem than drug addicts.

Blog Entries
    Yes, that too (sugar a big addiction).

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I have a genuine question to all you breeders out there:

Why do you feel compelled to make babies?

I mean really, why do you do it?

Where does the need come from?

Blog Entries
    You'll understand when you have a baby... and if you never do, then you'll never understand.

I was told the same thing before I had any children myself, and I did not believe it... I thought such a statement was dumb... but it's actually true. At least in my experience.

When I meet people that are "too old" to have any children I almost feel sad for them... and also grateful I'm not in their shoes... especially women, because they can't have any after a certain age. I guess it's not for everyone, but for me it was certainly the best moment in my life... and still is... and it is the greatest teacher...

Why do you assume there is a "need"? For some, yes... but for many it has got nothing to do with "a need".

In my case I was opposed it for most of my life (ignorant as I was), but then one night in an Ayahuasca ceremony I encounterd my child... and was told (ordered) that I will have a child... earlier we discussed freedom and I never like when people tell me what to do, however Ayahuasca can order me around freely, and I just do what I am told. So far "her" orders have never failed to impress, enlighten, heal or improve my life. So when Ayahuaca tells me to have a child, I simply go: Yes Ma'am!

Blog Entries
    You did not really address my question.

Let me phrase it a bit more clearly: Where does the need to breed come from in the first place? (i.e. before actually issuing any offspring)

PS: I just saw you edited the reply about taking orders from the plant.

Any other breeders care to reply, like maybe someone who wasn't told by a psychedelic brew to make a baby? Being told by a plant during a ceremony is something I can understand. But what about all the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    LOL. Yes, re-learn how to get 7+ kids and how 5 of them die before they can get parents themselves! Why do you think the population did not increase as fast as today back then? Because they died at a very early stage! And though they might be more spiritually inclined than most people nowadays it was still a big tragedy back then!
    If you read my post more carefully you would notice how I said the stone age point was "very understandable" rather than actually saying "I agree". I don't want to copy everything about the ancient lifestyle. Slavery was common back then. That's not cool. I think we can learn some things from the ancients like megalithic architecture techniques, or lost spiritual/scientific practices. But there are many benefits of modern society that I would prefer remain.

What some of you write here is a glorification of thinking you belong to a superior class of humans (non-drug users, ancient-wisdom-lovers) and others, in your eyes weaker ones should be extincted!

Nevertheless I can't and won't agree with most of the stuff you were writing here before.
    That's totally fine. I'm not a fan of echo chambers. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    From my experience people i knew were forced into prostitution because of one moment of recklessness.
    Drugs were used to control them. Pumped up with bad product and left to die.
    Not isolated but common.
    You're using an example that represents less than 0.1% of drug abusers. Also keep in mind, I didn't say that I think drug users are weak and need to be eliminated. I said drugs "might" be effective for eugenics and I also put "weak-minded" in quotes to be clear that such a definition is extremely subjective. It was really a rhetorical comment to get people to reflect on the possible modus operandi of sociopathic elites. Just because I think something is effective doesn't necessarily mean I think it should be done. The holocaust was effective for killing jews...does that mean I'm glad it happened? Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Physical dependency has lasting biological effects long after you're cured. Heroin meth coke all create physical dependency that damages the body or brain permanently.
    You cannot reverse this through will power. Physically dependent, means if your body isn't regulated with that chemical it develops illnesses, breaks down.
    That's why we have methadone clinics. From the view of mainstream science you cannot cure physical dependency from alcohol, heroin, meth, coke through willpower.
    It will not produce the chemicals needed.
    People aren't born addicted to drugs (except for the crack baby reference I made previously). They have to start somewhere.
    Heavy use does cause permanent change to the brain. Your brain will have a harder time producing whatever feel good chemical (dopamine, serotonin, endorphins) than it did before you fried it with drugs. BUT...you are making it sound like people go through hard perpetual withdrawals for the rest of their life. This is bullshit. Of course the person might have urges for the rest of their life, but if you think every drug abuser is still going to be dope-sick after years of being clean...then you must have very little personal experience with drugs. Another reason I'm fairly certain you are inexperienced with these substances is your reference to methadone. People that actually use drugs know that methadone has a significantly more difficult and longer withdrawal period than even heroin. Kratom is safer than methadone for getting people off of opiates and other addictive substances. The reason clinics use methadone is because it's an addictive patented pharmaceutical $$$$. Kratom is a leafy plant that can be easily grown at home and although it's addictive, it is far less addictive than methadone. Methadone also kills more people per year. Yet the feds want to outlaw kratom. If you really want to help people addicted to drugs...then please tell them to at least look into kratom.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azdVvbywvd4

I have a genuine question to all you breeders out there:
    Why do you feel compelled to make babies?
    I mean really, why do you do it?
    Depends on what you mean by "make babies". If by "make babies" you were talking about reproduction of one's own species...then that is just biologically hardwired into all living things from bacteria to whales. Humans might choose to do it so they can indoctrinate a new human to have the same dogmatic views as their own. Others might have children as a form of insurance; guaranteeing that they will be taken care of when they become senile. Others might do it out of some kind of perceived religious duty.

But let's say you're asking why I like to breed plants/animals. This could be to find a higher yielding or better tasting phenotype. Or I could be trying to create a sweet potato that has a lower glycemic index than any other starchy tuber. Practical reasons like these tend to be for selfish purposes. I want healthier food than what the grocery store can provide, and I want lots of it. There's also this innate curiosity when it comes to fundamental aspects of natural creation. Watching a large population of your own created phenotypes grow is like unboxing xmas presents in slow motion.
    Last edited by Dendritic Xylem; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:45 AM. Reason: format

Blog Entries
    Your reasons for making babies sound very cold. Might be true for some, but most people make babies because they are in love.

One can say that it is simply Nature’s trick to make us procreate... but I find that idea (that I held in the past) to be very naive.

What non-parents fail to understand I think is that having a child is not all about “having the child”... most it is about becoming a parent... and nothing in this world is more intense (if you take the “job” seriously). And that is why there are so many bad mothers and fathers... because they are too weak to be, or at least try to be, a good parent. Fathers especially weak... because it is more common for them to not do the job well (as did my father).

Blog Entries
    .you are making it sound like people go through hard perpetual withdrawals for the rest of their life. This is bullshit. Of course the person might have urges for the rest of their life, but if you think every drug abuser is still going to be dope-sick after years of being clean...then you must have very little personal experience with drugs. .
    No your right. But my aunt brain is totally fried from LSD abuse and alcohol. She is a different person than she was before.
    Clean for 20 years still effected.

I'm fairly certain you are inexperienced with these substances is your reference to methadone
    I am but been surrounded by people who were in my childhood adolescent and family.

I didn't know that about methadone. Doesn't discount my albeit 2nd hand experience.
    I don't have to take drugs to see the damage they cause to people around me.

and I also put "weak-minded" in quotes to be clear that such a definition is extremely subjective. It was really a rhetorical comment to get people to reflect on the possible modus operandi of sociopathic elites. Just because I think something is effective doesn't necessarily mean I think it should be done.
    I didn't easily read that from your comment. I apologize for laying into you. You struck a nerve.
    I'm arguing that given genetic disposition mentioned by Marcus and that addicts are not of sound mind, they clinically aren't voluntarily killing themselves.
    I agree with you all nearly everything else now that you've explained.

+ Reply to Thread