Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Primum Ens Sanguinis

Primum Ens Sanguinis

PRIMUM ENS SANGUINIS

By Franz Hartmann

To make the Primum Ens Sanguinis take blood from the median vein of a healthy young person, and let it run into a warm bottle that has been weighed upon scales, so that the exact quantity of the blood used will be known.

Add to this blood twice its quantity of alcahest, close the bottle, and permit it to remain in a moderately warm place for about fourteen days, after which the red fluid is to be separated from the sediment, filtered, and preserved.

This is the Primum Ens Sanguinis, and it is used in the same manner as the
    Primum Ens Melissae.

As the Primum Ens Melissae process appears to be missing some vital information that
    would bring it to the wonders ascribed to it, I feel the Primum Ens Sanguinis process
    may also be lacking in the detail to bring it to fruition.

I am doing some research into the P E Melissae process at present in the hope of stepping
    up to the PE Sanguinis some day.

It's not easy to find any relevant material that will shine a little light into the shadows
    of this subect.

These processes appear to be almost as cloaked as the Philosophers Stone.

Blog Entries
    The thing I find interesting about the Sanguinis Ens is that it says to use an Alkahest.
    Perhaps an Alkahest is also used for the Ens Melissa?

To my knowledge most Ens processes say to use potash + dew
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Are there any other Ens processes?

Ive only read about Melissa and now this Ens of Blood.....?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

alkaest for sanguinis ens
    i remember that in the same text the world of paracelso there are also one instruction of made alkaest with alcol carbonate etc this strande instruction seem? it is give all explain step by step and seem that this alkaest it is arrived by paracelso
    imho this it is the alkaest that must use also with ens arcanum sangiunis ens melissa etc now i research and i found and post it

regard
    Last edited by alfr; 1 Week Ago at 05:21 AM.

@ Kiorionis and @ alfr

Directly under the Primum Ens Sanguinis in the book by Hartmann is a recipe for the Alcahest.

THE ALCAHEST
    The celebrated Alcahest is an universal medicine whose preparation was also known to Helmont and tosome Eosicrucians. It was considered by them as one of the greatest mysteries. It is prepared as follows :
    " Take freshly prepared caustic lime, if possible still warm ; powder it quickly in a dry place, and put it into a retort. Add as much absolute alcohol as the powder will absorb, and distil the alcohol at a moderate heat, until the powder in the retort is left perfectly dry.

The distilled alcohol is now to be poured again upon the lime, and distilled, and this operation repeated ten times. Mix the powder with the fifth part of its own weight of pure carbonate of potash. This must be done very quickly and in a dry atmosphere, so that it will not
    attract any moisture.

Insert the mixture of the two powders into a retort and heat it gradually, after putting about two ounces of absolute alcohol into the recipient.
    White vapours arise from the powder, and are attracted by the alcohol, and the heating is to be continued as long as this takes place. Pour the alcohol from the recipient into a dish, and set it on fire.

The alcohol burns away, and the alcahest remains in the dish. It is an excellent medicine, and is used in the same manner as the Primum Ens Melissa. On account of the great powers contained in the
    limestone, Paracelsus says that "many a man kicks away with his foot a stone that would be more valuable to him than his best cow, if he
    only knew what great mysteries were put into it by God by means of the spirit of Nature".

@ Mr. Mixer

The Primum Ens to my understanding is the prima materia ..... the first entity of any subject from the vegetable, animal or the mineral realm.

Some may also possibly view the Primum Ens as an Essence or a Quintessence.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Black, I’ve never read Hartmann.

The ‘recipe’ reminds me of the Golden Chain of Homer, when it talks about the two volatile salts combusting to create lightning.

thanks Black it is thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    @ Kiorionis and @ alfr

Directly under the Primum Ens Sanguinis in the book by Hartmann is a recipe for the Alcahest.
    I see that there are a couple books by Franz Hartmann. Which one in particular are you citing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    I see that there are a couple books by Franz Hartmann. Which one in particular are you citing?
    Here ya go (free book - see Chapter Page 193):
    http://www.philaletheians.co.uk/stud...z-hartmann.pdf

Blog Entries
    Thanks Illen.

+ Reply to Thread