Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Golden Dawn Order Oath Implications

Golden Dawn Order Oath Implications

Hello my fellow alchemists. This is a sensitive matter to post about and please it is not my goal to deprive this group or any of you of knowledge, but lately I was accepted into the hermetic order of the golden dawn and they made me sign and swear an oath before the almighty God of the Universe that I would never divulge any secret or teachings from the order to others. I find it weird that I cannot share it with you guys, as I consider this group to be a family to me. But alas I swore an oath. What I can do on the other hand though is divulge information that I've managed to gather outside the order and whatever I have learned before I joined the order as well. There's no penalty against that. All I ask is that you understand where I am coming from with this information and that I'll always share whatever I can with you. I am a firm believer that this information is for the common good of mankind here on Earth. Thank you

Blog Entries
    That’s cool that you were accepted into an Order. Maybe they have a sweet library

Something to keep in mind though: To Know, to Dare, to Will, and to keep Silent.
    I’m sure you’ve heard of it before. In my opinion, there’s nothing wrong with keeping secrets, and a lot can be gained from keeping silent.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
    I was accepted into the hermetic order of the golden dawn
    Is this the non-profit that's incorporated in Florida, a.k.a. "The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Inc."?

hmm... i know that there are a lot of golden dawn orders and I'm not sure exactly which one it is. I know that the imperator is somewhere in California. He told me that an old golden dawn order just rejoined this one.

What are you hoping to learn or gain from being a member?

Higher magickal knowledge and abilities, knowledge of the workings of the universe, being one with the source (All), advanced alchemy, achieve mastery of life.

Higher magickal knowledge and abilities, knowledge of the workings of the universe, being one with the source (All), advanced alchemy, achieve mastery of life.
    Interesting. Those are all very noble pursuits.

I've never been to a lodge, have no interest in societies, detest socializing, and know that is not the path for me, but I wish you the best!

These people that you now fraternize with, I assume you have met in person? Or is this all done via the internet?

It can be safely assume much will be learned about Hermetics, but has anyone in your order presented a sound understanding of Alchemy or shown in any way that they have keys to our Art that you do not?

I've been a lone practitioner for nearly 10 years now and there's much to know in alchemy and occult sciences that I lack and know that only a teacher of sorts can give me proper guidance. Initiation is also a big thing in occultism and if you've never been initiated your occult life can be difficult to produce results to say the least self initiation is poor at best (no offence meant to those who did it themselves as I also did in the past). That being said my first initiation will be astral and not in person, but the subsequent ones must all be in person and I need to travel to attend them, but aside from the initiations everything is done online. Another very important point is if you run into occult trouble by doing something stupid. I guess we've all been there at least once and if not yet it'll come. With the guidance of a teacher an occult practice doesn't have to be dangerous Eg. Enochian magick, planetary magick,etc. They keep their knowledge confined to the grades so that we are not tempted to skip the grade material and the imperator also told me that it is by skipping material that people tend to get into trouble. But from my own research I have learned that the golden dawn as well as AMORC and some masonic lodges that practice alchemy all have the secret to the red lion and the white eagle along with everything in between that you can think of. One thing I can guarantee for sure. The curriculum is heavy and it is open for anyone to see what it does entail as far as learning and practice goes. I suppose that one can do everything by himself (since all the lectures and exercises are listed openly online with the exception of alchemical ones), but without the initiation it is an empty course of action.

I have only met the imperator through video chat. Later I should be able to meet the other members of the order.

I've been a lone practitioner for nearly 10 years now and there's much to know in alchemy and occult sciences that I lack and know that only a teacher of sorts can give me proper guidance. Initiation is also a big thing in occultism and if you've never been initiated your occult life can be difficult to produce results to say the least self initiation is poor at best (no offence meant to those who did it themselves as I also did in the past). That being said my first initiation will be astral and not in person,
    I am no longer involved with the G.D., though I have been involved with it for a bit more than 2 decades (I left because of personal reasons, unrelated to the G.D. itself).
    I was the Praemostrator when I left (i.e, something close to a general director of studies).

There are several Orders using the name "Golden Dawn" nowadays, though most of them are identical (there's one in the USA that is considered a joke by everyone else though).

There's no such thing as "astral initiations" in the Golden Dawn.
    If you were told you were going to receive an "astral initiation", consider yourself deceived... It's simply something that does not exist in that context (in the same way that I would be able to tell you that I am sending you an astral sandwich and I was asking you to eat it and tell me how it tastes).

Anyway... if you were told that you are going to have an "astral initiation", I strongly advice you to show them the middle finger, because you have been cheated (search for any other real GD if you want; the one you have found can only be considered a joke... an astral joke).

but the subsequent ones must all be in person and I need to travel to attend them,
    I strongly advice you to ignore the idiots who told you that you are going to have an "astral initiation"... It simply does not exist in the GD context.
    It would be equivalent to a person stating that he is Catholic because a certain priest baptized him astrally... Any fool knows that a baptism takes place in a Church, that the water in that ceremony is regular water, but not "astral water" and that the Catholic Church does not "astrally baptize" people, nor they do it by skype.

But from my own research I have learned that the golden dawn as well as AMORC and some masonic lodges that practice alchemy all have the secret to the red lion and the white eagle along with everything in between that you can think of.
    Which is not the case.
    There is no alchemy in the Golden Dawn. Nor there's any secret about any red lion or white eagle there, simply because there's zero alchemy (i.e, if you ever purchased a book about alchemy and the chapter one taught you how to make a version of a Melissa tincture by mixing some essential oil, alcohol and potash... and you've done such thing, then you already have gone further than the Golden Dawn into the realm of alchemy).

One thing I can guarantee for sure. The curriculum is heavy and it is open for anyone to see what it does entail as far as learning and practice goes. I suppose that one can do everything by himself (since all the lectures and exercises are listed openly online with the exception of alchemical ones), but without the initiation it is an empty course of action.
    There are no alchemical lessons in the context of the Golden Dawn.
    If that's what you are looking for there, then you are wasting your time. ***
    Other areas can be interesting though.
    Anyway... if you were told that you were going to receive an astral initiation... consider yourself deceived and consider doing yourself a favour and find a real GD instead of that weird joke (again, there are no astral initiations, nor any protocol for astral initiations, in the GD... in the same way that a Catholic Priest would not know how to perform an astral baptism, simply because there's no such thing as "astral baptism" in the Catholic Church).

*** No need to trust my word, even if I am telling you the truth. Though if you were told that there's an alchemical lesson there, ask if it's a wet path or a dry path... and if it's based on Antimony or Cinnabar or some sort of Universal Substance or what....
    I assume the person who answers you would make at least very weird faces... because there are no alchemical lessons actually, thus there isn't a wet or dry path, nor anything related to Antimony or Cinnabar or ANYTHING (when it comes to alchemy).

+ Reply to Thread