Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alchemy Processes - What Do You Believe?

Question Alchemy Processes - What Do You Believe?

Having been involved with this site for nearly a decade now (prior to posting I was lurking), I remain astounded by the number of ideas--and lack of harmony--amongst what the members here believe is Truth in regards to Alchemy...

We have members who think too highly of themselves, such as LeoRetilus, who like to tease and flaunt that they know something more than they actually know.

Members like Via Veritas spend countless hours every day translating valuable old texts into English.

Some, like Seth-Ra, have shown their work, displaying a lack of understanding and bastardization of what the old Alchemists taught.

Others, like Krisztian, have not shown much of their Work yet still display a keen understanding of Alchemy.

Members, such as Chasm, have come and gone and left gems of wisdom during their short stay here.

Some, like Salzius, attempt to present their findings yet cower and retreat when challenged.

Older members, such as black, are always courteous when replying and carry themselves with dignity.

Members exist, like myself, who have accomplished nothing worthwhile yet post here like they have it all figured out.

People, like Florius Frammel & Michael Sternbach, continually exhibit an impressive knowledge of chemistry.

Others, like Greg Marcus, continue to inspire me with their personal Alchemy collection and claim no knowledge of the practical aspects of our Art.

Not to forget about such valuable members as Dragon's Tail who methodically record and present their work for all to learn from.

z0 K has written books and shared his knowledge with the world, albeit in his own way, yet does not possess the Philosopher's Stone.

Kibric humbly professes to possess something near-miraculous but has provided no evidence of his claims.

Members such as Hellen Hermetist appear outwardly angry and chime in only to bitch from time to time, yet thoughtfully share their gleanings with us.

I assume the majority of the members of this site are like alfr, dying for someone to share the Secret with them and earnestly seeking all new leads that can be found.

Some of us are all over the spectrum with such extreme fervor one must only admire, like dear ElixirMixer.

For aspects I am not privy to, like magick and linguistics, Zoas23 does a fine job of illuminating and put much effort into their posts when posting.

Seraphim is clearly seeking out Truth and does so in such respectable, humble, peaceful manner.

Let us not forget about juggernauts, like JDP, who have presented & defended their beliefs logically, coherently, and unceasingly.

Which leads me to my question....

What do you believe the Alchemical process is?

The answer can be simple such as "Black, White, Red"...which even then(!!!) I'd wager there are plenty here who would refute even such canonical Truth as being false. Those of you willing to go into more detail about your beliefs, feel free to share the processes involved in the transformation of what it is you choose to work with. Those of you who feel Alchemy an allegory for some kind of internal work, like what White Belt openly shares, please provide a general overview of what you feel is involved from start to completion of our Great Work, however detailed you choose to be.

This thread is not a debate about what--if anything--is used to make "the Philosopher's Stone". This thread is not a place to post recipes of your or anyone else's work.

The purpose of this thread is to have us each present a simple, clear, brief synopsis of what we believe our Great Work entails.

I ask this to see where we stand as a whole in our beliefs as it seems so many of us hold down opposing beliefs while others undeniably are in resonance with each other and have no doubt worked together, collaborated, and continue to further their understanding privately.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    What Do You Believe?
    I believe that when I look at all those adepts who wrote all those great books and for whom there are historical records, I see that my grandma lived longer than all of them.

I think I wrote it somewhere on this forum before, but then forgive me if I repeat myself. I "believe" that Alchemical processes might be varied, but they are all valid for as long as they yield proper interconnected fruits, which are:
    1. Supreme Knowledge.
    2. Unlimited Lifespan.
    3. Perfection of Metals.

These 3 points should be understood literally, no allegories. Otherwise we enter the realm of psychology and abodes of charlatanship and religious fanaticism.

Blog Entries
    Birth. Death. Repeat?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I believe that Alchemy is an ancient science that originated in time immemorial in a long lost civilisation. Its secrets have been sought by countless 'treasure seekers' throughout history, but - on the highest level - found just by a few.

At the dawn of what has been called the scientific revolution, there was a chance to reunite the newly gained knowledge about nature with advanced metaphysical thought - along the lines suggested by people like Giordano Bruno, Goethe, and the early Rosicrucians. Alas, this chance was missed overall, as science took the wrong turn and our civilization sank deeply into a materialistic world view.

However, this is not to say that science as we know it would be completely wrong or useless. Rather, it is incomplete and its perspective is heavily distorted, as it considers mind a function of matter, when in truth, rather the opposite is the case.

I do believe that there are ways to exalt matter so it becomes a more direct channel for Spirit. Such matter should indeed have many of the effects that the ancient texts talk about. Most of all, it will be fit to elevate a human being likewise, by way of resonance.

Finally, I believe that we are standing at the threshold of a new era. Once again, we are being offered the chance to create a framework that will embrace both natural science and mysticism. Potentially leading to a world that will be far more balanced overall. That is, if enough individuals make the necessary choices to effect that kind of change on the collective level.

Alchemy and the other Hermetic sciences can be the very keys that open the gate to our future.

Blog Entries
    I think Alchemy is unification of Yin & Yang, Male and Female, Negative and Positive, Above and Below. When a couple gets married, they're imitating a process of nature. Unification. When a couple comes together and copulate, this unification is expressed in the form of a Baby which is Oneness. When this is expressed in the flask, the Baby is the Philosophers' Stone. When this unification is expressed inside the body it is expressed as Immortality.

The grand scope of existence is going through an alchemical process in order for the whole to become one again and so... why one becomes immortal through consumption of the Philosophers' Stone is because essentially it's the Unification of Oneself and therefore one is no longer lacking and is self-sustained.

Alchemical Processes are stages in between the unification of Above and Below such as Death, Birth, Exaltation, Evolution, Perfection, Calcination, Dissolution, Separation, Putrefaction, Coagulation... etc
    Last edited by tAlchemist; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:08 AM. Reason: The reason for my editing is because I got the keys

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Birth. Death. Repeat?

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Blog Entries
    Birth. Death. Repeat?

Blog Entries
    Maybe it was overlooked, but I wrote ”repeat?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Maybe it was overlooked, but I wrote ”repeat?
    Cool. So would you? (repeat)

Maybe new thread with poll?

+ Reply to Thread